Air horn updates.  the ultimate install

ICEMANN

Registered
I once did a photo series on a basic air horn installation. The install consisted of two and three air horns for the busa. Several people thought it was worth the write up, several thought it was a waste. So here is an update to that waste for those interested.

If you thought you could be heard before. OMG this will wake the living dead!

Several pics. Also shows you how much room you actually have on the busa!

JD

airhorn1.jpg

There are 5 full horns. one is 11", one is 10", one is 9" one is 6", one is 4 1/4".  Compressor is a little larger.

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146552033 -->

airhorn_2.jpg

I stretched nylon knee high stockings over each horn to prevent objects from entering the horn itself and clogging the system. Bugs especially. All horns are tilted slight down for water to drain. Replaced all plastic tube lines with 1/4" fuel lines. Can handle more air and heat resistent. More flexibilty and wont crack. Also placed 1 1/4" clear plastic tubing from plumbing dept around each "shaft" of each horn wear it met any metal as a vibration cushin. Worked great on the last set up.

JD

The trunk has everything just about. Alarm brain (seen it during scorpio alarm install), Alarm sensor, PCII, MPS KILL BOX, CO2 Bottle w/electronic valve and on/off for bottle, air compressor w/6ft hose for emergency flat tires, ATRE, cig lighter plug that plugs into battery tender jack for cell phone charge. Still room for tool kit, registration, sun glasses, cleaning rag, and cell phone when charging.

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146549393 -->

trunk1.jpg

Another version of the trunk without all the words. Alarm is behind air compressor if you remember.

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146549503 -->

trunk2.jpg

6ft hose under driver seat. When I ride I ride. 15k a season aint to unheard of. Flat tire in the middle of know where. keep an emergency "PLUGG" kit under fuel tank in protective pouch. Air compressor easily reaches either tire. Gets me home. Pumps up air mattress is in a breeze too!

Yellow box under seat as well.

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146549847 -->

driver_seat.jpg

Air compressor for air horns mount location. Pic of shifter lever.

PMR handle bar switch used to toggle between horn/shifter and starter/emergency flashers. Nice set up for me.

Hell Im officially a poser now!

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146550207 -->

air_shifter_7.jpg

The dash area has already seen toggle switches in switch assemblies, for indiglo guages, and on/off for camera DVR power. PMW switch controls horn/shifter switch and the other is running lights on/off. Throttle meister cruise control in bar end and viberyder in passenger seat for the massage.

Thanks for tunning in. Thats this years mods finished

JD

Geez Ice!! Where did you install the detachable mini jet ski!?
laugh.gif

When you sound the horn, does your bike go backwards!?
laugh.gif

I'm interested in the air horn but not confident enough to do the mods myself so how about I pay you a visit and pay you to install mine!? Wassup!?
rock.gif

I was looking at that single unit posted somewhere on the .org. I'll probably purchase that one for "ease of install" prayerfully.

laugh.gif

dual horn installs are pretty easy. Compressor can be mounted in stock horn place. Obviously air horns will fit in nose section. Pretty easy really. EXTREMELY LOUD IS BEING MODEST!.

JD

how do you make it so it doesnt play a tune? I am assuming it is just a loud horn, like a train? Did you have to replace the compressor?

<!--EDIT|Ken02busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146974776 -->

Holy wires!!!!!!!!!!  
laugh.gif

MAN you packed a lot stuff inside the Busa.  
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

I'd love to have an air horn mod, 2 horns. But $$ a little hard to come by....

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146966277 -->

cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

I always enjoy your write-ups! Helps me picture some things I can't truly visualize. So thank you very much!

ive got a question for you ice. How did you hook up your air horns? Our horns are grounded at the switch right? I take it you dont have your stock horn in there anymore. Ive tried wiring it up two different ways but each time the compressor would be on constantly or while the bike was on the compressor would be off but as soon as i turn the key off the compressor would turn on. any advice?

Ok...I'm interested. How easy would one go about setting up a single air horn project?

I'm sure one would be loud enough, right?

Back