Install of air horns

prstyle69

Registered
Can anyone advise how to install an air horn kit on the busa. Where would be a good place to install them and what brand would work well? Thanks

Do a search for airhorns. Icemann did a very nice writeup on it.

Wow, GREAT IDEA!!

I like the idea of the bad boy...

http://www.wolo-mfg.com/air.htm

Hopefully I can find something like it in town.
I have it installed.....nice and loud.

Picture_016__Medium_.jpg

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>THANKS FOR POSTING MY POST BUT DAYUM USE THE CURRENT ONE J/k</span>

HERE YA GO PIMP THE ALMIGHT AIRHORN INSTALL HOW TOO.

JD

I used FIAM...gettem at most any autoparts store.....two red plastic horns / compressor / and relay. about $25
horns fit along each ram air tube.....and compressor relay under right dash panel. All tied into stock horn button (stock horn was removed) and it leaves the front of my radiator free of potential items to cause damage.

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149698393 -->

Hey BiG-T, I just ordered the BAD BOY from http://www.wolo-mfg.com/air.htm today.

I was wondering if you could explain..

I was unable to maneuver the stock horn wires so I fabricated an extension (only the positive wire extension is shown in pic) so the air horn would not rest against the radiator. [/QUOTE]

Also, did you ever try to put it anywhere else?

I didnt know if it would fit in..

Top pic.

The whole rubbing issue worries me.

<!--EDIT|renaldoaoa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149804363 -->

I was wondering if you could explain..
cool.gif

The stock horn wires connect to the stock horn perfectly but the Wolo is larger so it was a snug fit. Once I connected/installed everything I went out riding and out of the blue my horn no longer worked. After investigation, the positive wire had disconnected from the horn during vibration. So.....I fabricated an extension (see pic).

You may not need it if you can free the wires from under the tank but I was unsuccessful so I went to my local hardware store and bought some supplies to create an extension.

I'm sure you could connect it elsewhere but that was the easiest spot for me. I'm not a wrencher. Also, it doesn't rub if installed properly. I've put in about 200 miles w/ it and all is well.

Picture_033__Medium_.jpg

I have a set of airhorns and compressor if anyone is interested. Pulled them off a goldwing I parted out. $20 shipped in usa.
Or trade me somthing...

Pm me

Thay have 4 horns and tested loud!

<!--EDIT|rpm9001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149807741 -->

Back