Your Civic Duty

I voted!!!

I still struggle with the constitution though, the way the founding fathers designed it. It was designed for good old honest people with integrity sharing and debating different opinions towards the best outcome of the people, in a true democracy. It was not designed for who can raise the most money, be bribed and lobbyists trying to influence the uninformed. It was not designed for a media who try and attract as many advertisers and viewers for financial benefit, and influenced by who provides the largest revenue stream.

In modern times, I really believe it is so outdated, that in the end it may be the destruction of the good old USA.

But what do I know? I'm just a simple Engineer, who never had much success with getting anything done by big committees, making decisions based on wrong perceptions and reaching no conclusions meeting after meeting. There is opinion and there is fact. We are trained to ignore opinions and follow hard facts supported by physics.

Can't remember how many times I would sit in a three hour meeting trying to analyse a massive mass production failure, no conclusions, then I go onto the production floor, with a young college graduate, inspect all the details and gather the facts, only to find out the root cause was inexperience and a key fitted wrong between a drive pulley on a shaft, several times over and over. And, in the end just about everyone in the big committee hated me, as I made them look bad.

So in short, I plead political incompetence, but I do vote.

All that said, I hope Desantis runs on a turbo with ceramic bearings.

Back