Woman's Leg Partially Amputated, Man Arrested After Pit Bull Attack

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
INDIANAPOLIS -- The owner of two pit bulls who attacked a woman outside her home on Indianapolis' north side was arrested Tuesday, more than two weeks after the attack that forced doctors to amputate one of the victim's legs below the knee.

Lee Carroll, 31, was taken into custody on four misdemeanor counts related to the attack -- two counts of failure to restrain a dog, resulting in serious bodily injury and two counts of harboring a non-immunized dog.

"He had no clue he had a warrant out for his arrest," said Animal Care and Control Lt. Jerry Bippus. "He was very pleasant. He wasn't causing any problems. He went peacefully."

Carroll did not comment Tuesday as he was led away from his home in handcuffs, but did have something to say the day after the attack.

"It was an accident, man. Stuff happens. I hated that it had to happen," he told 6News' Derrik Thomas on Jan. 26.

Brenda Hill, 68, remains at Wishard Memorial Hospital, where she is recovering from numerous injuries.

Hill's son, Greg Gilbert, told 6News Tuesday that doctors are trying to treat a lingering infection in his mother's knee and that the amputation plays into her worst fear – the loss of her independence.

Lee Carroll was taken into custody on Feb. 10.

"We'll just have to make decisions that are going to have to be accountable for her prosthesis that she's going to be fitted for," Gilbert said. "We understand that it's going to be a long trip, but there is still a chance she'll be able to maintain her independence."

Hill was taking out the trash at her home in the 4300 block of Guilford Avenue on Jan. 25 when the two pit bulls attacked, dragging her off the porch.

"I looked down and I seen the blood on the ground and I just said, 'Oh Jesus, just help me," Hill said days after the attack.

The dogs were impounded by Animal Care and Control. Police said they found nine pit bull puppies in Carroll's home

18607496_240X180.jpg

18682703_400X300.jpg

I bet the day before he would have told you how safe pit bulls are and that its all in how you raise them.....here in st joe county Indiana they are outlawed all together and not allowed, anyone caught with one will get hefty fines and jail.... maybe mr bogus can chime in and tell us what the restriction's are over in Fort Wayne Indiana
I'm not against people owning these dogs as I have 3 rottweilers, but you have to take responsibility for your animals too...I have insurance on all of mine as well as they have level 3 certified training, which is one above a police dog....please be carefull, I hope the women recovers ok

I hate how the news just HAS to say pit bulls. It's idiots like him who give pits a bad rap. They are GREAT dogs! If only people would stop believeing everything they hear and give a pit a chance. I'll admit, I was terrified of pit bulls until I owned one. Best dog I've ever had, hands down. They are extremely powerful, fast, and loyal and like giving a magic lamp to an evil person. The dog will do major damage (as you see) when told taught to do so by its master.

I'd love to smack every idiot right in the face who condemns these dogs without any first hand experience. God do I hate stupid people. OK, I have to leave this thread, I'm getting too worked up.

well...u have to agree-there arent many reports of people being mauled by Cocker Spaniels or Dobermans or Labradors.

and thats because???

idiots who should never own dogs in the first place, for some strange *cough* they need something to make them feel stronger *cough* reason, just seem to LOVE Pitbulls.

sorry-to all my pit owners who dont have them for the WRONG reasons...but there is no other dog so widely coveted by pu**ies and wana-be hardazzes everywhere.

n every little tough-guy wants to liken himself to one, for some odd reason--why doesnt a lil hardazz dude with big hair wana be called "Chow" instead?:rofl:

sorry...o well, now im guna get attacked by all the ankle-biters:moon:

well...u have to agree-there arent many reports of people being mauled by Cocker Spaniels or Dobermans or Labradors.

and thats because???

idiots who should never own dogs in the first place, for some strange *cough* they need something to make them feel stronger *cough* reason, just seem to LOVE Pitbulls.

sorry-to all my pit owners who dont have them for the WRONG reasons...but there is no other dog so widely coveted by pu**ies and wana-be hardazzes everywhere.

n every little tough-guy wants to liken himself to one, for some odd reason--why doesnt a lil hardazz dude with big hair wana be called "Chow" instead?:rofl:

sorry...o well, now im guna get attacked by all the ankle-biters:moon:

maybe the REAL reason is because that media has labeled every dog that attacks....a pitt bull.

If we labeled every criminal as a "black male", in theory we can eliminate crime by getting rid of all blacks right? Oh wait, that would be racist and unfair....prejudice I believe someone would say. No difference.

maybe the REAL reason is because that media has labeled every dog that attacks....a pitt bull.

If we labeled every criminal as a "black male", in theory we can eliminate crime by getting rid of all blacks right? Oh wait, that would be racist and unfair....prejudice I believe someone would say. No difference.

:rofl:
i laff cuz that must be a Joke...you're not tryin to compare Black men to Pit Bulls...

because I thought I just got done saying-that Pit Bulls are only associated with men of tiny stature-the key here, being the HEIGHT-not the skin color...mebbe u werent reading MY post...Im sorry-shouldnt have responded in the first place...Im just babbling on here:whistle:

wasnt this a thread about another Jacka** owner of a PIT BULL *a real one, not-for-fake* that mutilated some poor old feeble WOMAN ??(who, Im sure, must have angered the animal and provoked it in some way first...Pits are NEVER known to attack strangers:rofl: )
-all that media coverage is just paid for by owners of Shihtzus and Cocker Spaniels and Poodles who want Pit Bulls wiped off the face of the planet:laugh:

c'mon peeps-for realz??? what is there to argue about?? Pits are given the stigmata for GOOD reason-if you own a Pit and it makes you mad-go bite Mike Vick:thumbsup:

Last edited:
ever own one or are you talking from inexperience and stereotyping?

You realize that "pitt bulls" were the original US police dogs right?

You realize that "Spot" on the Little Rascals was a Pitt bull (actually an American Staffordshire Terrier)...and was and still is an American icon.

I understand not knowing what you are talking about..but please don't do it so loud. Yes Pitt bull's are an aggressive breed, HOWEVER, they bear no more aggression towards humans than countless other breeds (ie: Rott's, Dobies, German Shepards, Chows etc etc etc etc)

In reality, most dog bites come from smaller breed dogs and are focused on kids. Ever heard the term, "ankle biter"? Very good reason for it.

Well i love to have 1,but i think its ban in my country.Correct me if i am wrong are they loyal and obedient to an owner only and no one else?:whistle:

Well i love to have 1,but i think its ban in my country.Correct me if i am wrong are they loyal and obedient to an owner only and no one else?:whistle:

I had pitts for years. Females seem very loyal and very social. Males, aggressive towards other dogs and territorial....but so are the other dogs I mentioned.

Suzuki4life,

We've never met but I can say that I think you're alright. Finally someone who doesn't spout off about the "truth" about pits just because thats what they heard on the news that night. Like I admitted, I was scared of the breed too until I was privileged enough to own two of them. Those dogs showed nothing but love to everyone who was lucky enough to meet them. I would bring them to the dog park every weekend and not once did I ever have a problem. From this day on, I won't own any breed other than the APBT.

I forget the exact stats but Pit Bulls have a much higher temperament rating than nearly all of the "good family dogs"... including golden retrievers and labs.

Like I said before, Pit Bulls are extremely athletic and very tough. They are insanely powerful and are very loyal to their masters. They like to please their owner. Its not the dogs fault that idiots get their hands on such a wonderful creature and train it to tear people or other dogs apart. I just don't have the patience to listen to ignorant mofo's who have an opinion thats based on what they hear and see in the media. That goes for a lot of these political threads too.

I had pitts for years. Females seem very loyal and very social. Males, aggressive towards other dogs and territorial....but so are the other dogs I mentioned.

Thanks for the info,i guess females suit me more cause it fits more for my criteria:whistle:

Thanks for the info,i guess females suit me more cause it fits more for my criteria:whistle:

I had 2 girls and they went to a kennel for a weekend in 03. I told the owner that they needed to be kept together or they would cry the entire weekend, but under no circumstance should he enter the cage to break up their fighting. No biggie he said. When I came back on Monday to get the dogs, the owner was laughing. He said they fought and he was sure they were gonna kill one another. Growling, fighting and snapping but never once did one draw blood. Once wound down they cuddled like 2 newborns.

They play rougher than anyone expects. They forgive and expect very little for their loyalty. And I have never found another breed as loyal or sweet.

I for one can say that I have not much care for the breed personally. I do know that out of like 30 people I have known over the years who have own pittbulls, 22 of the owners have had to put theirs to sleep because the dogs have either attacked them or their children. These were people who did not treat the dogs badly at all. One person who happens to be my uncle owned a pittbull he raised from a puppy. After 5 years he went in the back yard to feed the dog and the dog lunged at him. He ended up with 30 stitches in his arm. Max was put to sleep because my uncle had little children who played in the yard with the dog. 6 months later he got a rotwieler named Jody as a puppy cause the kids missed Max. It has been 15 years and Jody has yet to bark at the family let alone bite. To each is own. I am not going to jail for nobody or no dog for that matter.
That's just me.:whistle:

I for one can say that I have not much care for the breed personally. I do know that out of like 30 people I have known over the years who have own pittbulls, 22 of the owners have had to put theirs to sleep because the dogs have either attacked them or their children. These were people who did not treat the dogs badly at all. One person who happens to be my uncle owned a pittbull he raised from a puppy. After 5 years he went in the back yard to feed the dog and the dog lunged at him. He ended up with 30 stitches in his arm. Max was put to sleep because my uncle had little children who played in the yard with the dog. 6 months later he got a rotwieler named Jody as a puppy cause the kids missed Max. It has been 15 years and Jody has yet to bark at the family let alone bite. To each is own. I am not going to jail for nobody or no dog for that matter.
That's just me.:whistle:

Thats fair Cipher. I can respect that.

Is it obvious that I'm passionate about the breed? I just get a little wound up when people jump at any chance to put down the Pit Bull name any chance they get because of what the news tells them. You had a bad personal experience and that really sucks. Let me share my story... my neighbor growing up had two shepards that we played with daily. One day, I go to his place wantin to hang out. I walk in the gate, the dogs come to greet me, next thing I know...I'm walking home with a hole in my face. The female literally put a hole right through my cheek. If we ever meet, I'll show you the triangle shaped piece of fake skin on the side of my face. Does that mean that all shepards are unpredictable and can't be trusted around kids??

Fact of the matter is that ALL dogs regardless of breed can bite at any time. It's just that people use the Pit Bull as the "weapon of choice" because of their awesome abilities. It's a shame really.:banghead:

A few years later, we got new neighbors who moved in with their rott named Adolf. The name was appropriate, as he was the meanest dog I've ever encountered. I was lucky enough to work my charm over him in time but still...if that dog had gotten loose, he woulda done some damage to anyone who crossed his path.

neighbor's kid got bit by my cousin's pitt. What the news (if news was involved) won't tell ya is that the kid was chasing and beating the dog with a stick before she was bit. Dog was on a chain. Dog was restrained and in "his area". Doesn't matter....dog was guilty by breed.

My 2 pitts engaged in a fight with a shepard and a cop was called. Mine on leashes...shepard was not. Shepard's owner showed up AFTER the cop did. Real battle about how my dogs were at fault because, "pitt bulls cause these sorts of problems always attacking other dogs." So I got a fine that was later dismissed. But the Shepard was still basically roaming the neighborhood. It took me carrying my sidearm publicly viewable before I had a chat with a local cop. He was told that I felt my life and my dog's lives were in danger, the cops weren't doing their jobs and now I must take up arms for protection....finally the shepard owner built a kennel out back where his dog basically spent its last few years.

Thats fair Cipher. I can respect that.

Is it obvious that I'm passionate about the breed? I just get a little wound up when people jump at any chance to put down the Pit Bull name any chance they get because of what the news tells them. You had a bad personal experience and that really sucks. Let me share my story... my neighbor growing up had two shepards that we played with daily. One day, I go to his place wantin to hang out. I walk in the gate, the dogs come to greet me, next thing I know...I'm walking home with a hole in my face. The female literally put a hole right through my cheek. If we ever meet, I'll show you the triangle shaped piece of fake skin on the side of my face. Does that mean that all shepards are unpredictable and can't be trusted around kids??

Fact of the matter is that ALL dogs regardless of breed can bite at any time. It's just that people use the Pit Bull as the "weapon of choice" because of their awesome abilities. It's a shame really.:banghead:

Oh yeah no doubt about it. I have seen many other breed of dog bite. Heck I once dated a girl who had a Miniature poodle. That sucker bit me in the thigh on day. I think he was going for my ...:whistle:
My freind had an all black German Shepard named Cody. That sucker was mean as a snake. He bit another friend of ours who rode his bike by the house. I have seen many other breeds bite people. My uncle still loves pittbulls. He just didn't want the responsability of the dog attacking his kids. He has a friend who has one and he still goes to visit him and admire the dog. I like them myself. I just don't want that liability of owning one. Rotts have always been my favorite breed of dogs though. Don't get me mixed up with the Pittbull haters cause I still admire the breed's physical abilities. Take care of yours bro.:bowdown:

Show me a bad dog. I will show you a bad owner.

My prayers go out to the lady that lost her leg. Her pain and suffering is far from over.

AND.... Cue the Owners of the High Quality "not like other Pit Bulls" crowd.... :whistle:

OF COURSE IT'S JUST HYPE!!!

Wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with the OVERWHELMING LACK of Deaths and serious injuries resulting from oh I dunno... Spaniels, retrievers, All those NON-Ego Dogs...

:cheerleader:

Back