Why is a sport bike better than a harley?

If I am not mistaken the V-ROD was copied from the Yamaha VMAX which the VMAX engine was orginally designed from Porsche.
So that being said No the VROD engine was not designed from Porsche the VMAX already claimed that and stomp the ever living chit out of a V-Rod which I have done countless times when I owned a VMAX

The V-max is a V-4.. The V-Rod motor is the Harley AMA racing motor from the VR1000...

Here, this will help you guys..

Harley-Davidson V-Rod

I met a guy this past weekend on a Harley xr1200. Never seen one before, but a cool bike. He followed me and another busa(sportscustoms) through West Virginia on some serious twisties. We couldn't shake him, he stayed glued to my rear and I think could of passed me if he wanted. It was tricked out with full ohlins suspension, but still......gained a lil respect for Harley riders this weekend.

What problems did you have with it?

Besides the oil leaking from the air cleaner, nothing. I didn't put too many miles on that bike though, and it didn't feel like the fine oiled machine some tout it to be.. I merely said it didn't feel like the epitome of reliability, I didn't say it wasn't... :beerchug:

Ah nothing better than a vigorous debate on what two wheeled machine is better. Cruiser, Sport Bike, Etc. Etc. what it comes down too is the person riding the machine, maybe they want to go fast, maybe the just want to cruse or maybe thats all they could afford but hey i say its just good to be on two wheels :cheerleader: and befor my Busa i had a 2005 HD Road King and it was a nice ride.

I just dont get why you would spend 20k for a bike with half the HP and twice the problems??? I get the whole USA american made but really this is the best we can do??:banghead: Oh and I recently found out the only harley that i remotely liked the Night Rod has the motor built by Porche.....so much for the good U S of A :rofl:

Not really a USA thing well not for me anyway, when you get down to it HD is not 100% american anyway, but i do have to say the Road King i had was a verry nice ride and i never had any mechanical problems with it. I was always a sport bike guy but decided i wanted to try something different and honestly i dont regret it and if i hade the money to keep the Road King and the Busa i would have. :beerchug:

harleys keep there value cause there is always new parts in them. I prefer spending my time on the bike not under it. HOWEVER
to each there own, if riding a harley, despite its apparent flaws makes them happy then let them be happy, who are we to judge someone just cause of what they ride. Thats pretty arrogant and puts us right in there with the HD guys that bash us without cause.
Ride what makes you happy, and be happy when you ride.

Harley is now more of a status symbol now and thats what they sell on.Sport bikes are more reliable for sure.I dont care fore the unbalanced vibration and shaking of an HD.They have gotten better but still not up to parr of what other bike manufacturers are building.

Okay what do u have when a busa is riding next to a harley
U got a harley racing next to a busa :rofl:

I was out riding tonight and a guy on a harley was trying to keep up with me, came to a stop and he gave me the thumbs up.I think he liked my rear kicking out a little in the first 4 gears with very little throttle.

Didn't know Willy G. left Harley and became a German employee.

My Harley is better than my Busa because I don't have to stop every 500 miles to oil the chain and I don't need to buy or use saddle bags and tank bags for a multi-day trip.

My Harley is better than my Busa because it comes stock with air ride.

My Harley is better than my Busa because I don't have to grind on the kickstand so the bike doesn't fall over if it rolls forward a tiney bit.

My Harley is better than my Busa because I don't have to worry about $400 speeding tickets.

My Harley is better than my Busa because I don't have to worry when parked at a bar that some Outlaw is going to torch it.

Can I stop Now????

Yes I hate Harley Bashing. Narrow minded people just annoy me. By bashing Harleys you are no better than the brain dead Harley riders who bash you for riding Jap Cra*.

So stop and think before you bash any bike.

Okay for your first statement you do not have to "oil" an O'ring chain other wise known as chain wax

for your second statement about the saddle bags with a busa you wouldn't need to bring all the tools and spair parts so a simple backpack strapped to the back seat would do well

for your third statement when you pay 30k for a bike your airbags should be made of gold

for your fourth statement about the kick stand a busa would make it to your final stop so you can park it in a nice parking lot you wouldn't have to worry about it falling over on the side of the road because you couldn't make it up a hill....and I would rather not have my bike be a 1000 lbs at least your will get more for scrap lol

about the speeding ticket that just takes a little practice riding the busa when you come from a harley....you will learn you don't have to go wide open to do the speed limit

and about the harley guys wanting to torch my bike thats a bunch of bs most of them cant get over how good my bike looks and how they wish they could ride something like that ...it would scare the **** out of them

as far as I know nobody is bashing harley I simply asked why a sport bike may be better than a harley if your cant handle someones opinion don't get all bent out of shape...actually I don't mind if you do lol I posted this thread just for guys like you

Not sure where you're getting your info from. That the V-Rod is "german" only to the extent that Harley Davidson's design team "turned to Porsche to adapt this VR engine to be a practical and street legal engine" But looks like LURCH already chimed in first. I will say again what has been said many times before: a-holes/prickheads can be found on any bike...even Busas and scooters. :whistle:

Nobody said anything about anyone being an Ahole or prick that would be mean....just wanted to get some opinions :laugh:

Okay for your first statement you do not have to "oil" an O'ring chain other wise known as chain wax

for your second statement about the saddle bags with a busa you wouldn't need to bring all the tools and spair parts so a simple backpack strapped to the back seat would do well

for your third statement when you pay 30k for a bike your airbags should be made of gold

for your fourth statement about the kick stand a busa would make it to your final stop so you can park it in a nice parking lot you wouldn't have to worry about it falling over on the side of the road because you couldn't make it up a hill....and I would rather not have my bike be a 1000 lbs at least your will get more for scrap lol

about the speeding ticket that just takes a little practice riding the busa when you come from a harley....you will learn you don't have to go wide open to do the speed limit

and about the harley guys wanting to torch my bike thats a bunch of bs most of them cant get over how good my bike looks and how they wish they could ride something like that ...it would scare the **** out of them

as far as I know nobody is bashing harley I simply asked why a sport bike may be better than a harley if your cant handle someones opinion don't get all bent out of shape...actually I don't mind if you do lol I posted this thread just for guys like you

First off smarty pants. You asked the question and I answered it. So who is getting bent out of shape.
Second off you have no clue who I am or what I ride. If it has 2 wheels I ride it. Over the past 10 years there have been over 30 different bikes in my garage.
Not getting bent out of shape just answering your pathetic questio like you asked us to do.
Pull your panties out and get a life.

There is something a Harley does better than any Busa.

Riding 2up I hit a deer at 55mph, 90lb deer, killed the deer, kept the bike up and it cost me $60 to fix the bike. All I needed was a new turn signal lamp. If that was the Busa, I guess around $2,000 at least. So, a Harley is at least good for something.:laugh:

Nobody said anything about anyone being an Ahole or prick that would be mean....

Actually..I said it. And not being mean at all, just a statement of fact....seen them in all the forums that I visit (bike, truck, watch, cars, etc.). Reminds me of TROLLS who start threads to get a rise out of people...and just to be absolutely clear......I do not mean you, of course.

Anyone here ever see the South Park episode about Harley Riders? Very funny and many notes of truth in it.

A classic indeed :thumbsup:

Oh boy, you've angered the big guy... :whistle:

A nickname like Lurch (and that avatar) probably got missed :whistle:

Sport bikes aren't better than Harley's or cruisers. They are all fun and it doesn't matter what you ride. I've got better things to do than sit around and bash someone else's ride.

Back