Why is a sport bike better than a harley?

Bots, I hate to tell you this, but as an ex M109 rider, a V-Rod would have smoked ya back then, both in performance and reliability.

I beat 3 V-rods with my M109r.. But yes, I'd have to agree on the reliability part.

Remember I'm up here in Milwaukee, you can't throw a stick without hitting a Harley.. Plenty of traffic light races with the M109.. :laugh:

maybe you should check ur math. u pay $13k for a busa and its worth half (5) yrs later. u pay $27k for a Harley and its worth a hell of a lot more then $13.5 (5) yrs later so yea a Harley absolutely does hold its value more over time. call it percentage or whatever you want but its a fact a Harley holds its value better then a Busa, GSXR, R1, etc....

unless were playing with monopoly money:whistle: those ARE real world dollars. better and funner to ride? I guess thats up to the person buying the bike. but as far a sport bike being better then a Harley as far as value goes its not even close. if you modify a Harley with chrome, exhaust, rake it, stretch it, etc.... you dont take the same bath you take on a sport bike when you modify it either so the Harley is still a better buy then a sport bike in that reguard as well.

but personally I didnt build my bike to sell it. in fact I dont ever see myself selling my bike. ill just keep modifying it. I cant imagine starting over with a newer generation and dumping money into it when it already makes more power then I cud ever possibly dream of using on the street.

My point was either way you lose the same amount of money if you sell. I will probably keep my Busa forever and if I bought a Harley, do the same. Don't get me wrong, I LIKE Harley Davidsons, love the sound, love the look and love the history. I also do my own work on every motorcycle I have owned so far and have even helped a couple of folks fix their Harleys along with many other bikes.

So let's talk about how expensive it is to do something simple like change your handlebars on a Harley. Holy crap when the guy down the hall told me how much it cost to fit him to his already 25000 dollar bike I about had a Heart attack. You absolutely do take a bath no matter what bike you modify. Add to that the ridiculous prices Harley riders pay for routine maintenance/tune-ups, and basic dealer services 300 dollars for an oil change/tune-up is about right. Anyting with Harley Davidson written on it cost 30 percent more. I actually picked up a grab rail for a seat and they wanted 300 dollars for it. Forget about Kurayakin. Bottom line is Harley Davidson is not associated with value in any circle! You get a bike that's about image, history, flash and that potato sounding exhaust. If you buy one you need to go in with your eyes wide open and accept you are buying a semi-dependable, expensive to maintain and upgrade motorcycle.

I got to hand it to them, they were smart to sell bikes based on the Harley Davidson image and not on the "Value" of their motorcycles. Otherwise they would have to convince the government to increase the import tarrifs on Japanese motorcycle to remain competetive in the US market (oh wait, they already did that). I do know I can pick up a used late model Gold wing for the same price and it will run like a top forever.

ALL motorcycles are AWESOME! Each in its own way.

Not entirely true...
main.php

I beat 3 V-rods with my M109r.. But yes, I'd have to agree on the reliability part.

Remember I'm up here in Milwaukee, you can't throw a stick without hitting a Harley.. Plenty of traffic light races with the M109.. :laugh:

MCN (Motorcycle News) won't agree with you, they tested these side by side back in 2006.

MEASURED TOP SPEED
V-Rod: 137mph
M109: 128mph

0 - 1/4 MILE
V-Rod: 11.38sec
M109: 11.62sec

0-60MPH
V-Rod: 3.52sec
M109: 3.65sec

0-100MPH
V-Rod: 8.22sec
M109: 8.87sec

POWER TO WEIGHT
V-Rod: 1:5.99
M109: 1:7.26

BRAKING 60-0 MPH (FEET)
V-Rod: 109.5
M109: 135.4

Us Americans, we know how to build cruisers, unfortunately that is where it stops.

MCN (Motorcycle News) won't agree with you, they tested these side by side back in 2006.

MEASURED TOP SPEED
V-Rod: 137mph
M109: 128mph

0 - 1/4 MILE
V-Rod: 11.38sec
M109: 11.62sec

0-60MPH
V-Rod: 3.52sec
M109: 3.65sec

0-100MPH
V-Rod: 8.22sec
M109: 8.87sec

POWER TO WEIGHT
V-Rod: 1:5.99
M109: 1:7.26

BRAKING 60-0 MPH (FEET)
V-Rod: 109.5
M109: 135.4

Good thing they weren't there, since their cameras might have got me distracted... :poke:

Ricky Gadson couldn't break into the 9's on a 2012 Busa, does that mean they can't run in the 9's? :whistle:

Good thing they weren't there, since their cameras might have got me distracted... :poke:

Ricky Gadson couldn't break into the 9's on a 2012 Busa, does that mean they can't run in the 9's? :whistle:

Ricky has green blood flowing in his veins, that's what it is all about.

back to our regularly scheduled programming now.....what oil is BEST: dino or synthetic?

back to our regularly scheduled programming now.....what oil is BEST: dino or synthetic?

Dino oil for big bikes, above 600cc

sinclairopalineoilcan.jpg

Baby oil, for baby bikes 600cc and smaller.

baby-oil.jpg

And sun oil for the girly bikes, those which come in pink.

Sun Oil.jpg

sinclairopalineoilcan.jpg

baby-oil.jpg

Sun Oil.jpg

To all the Harley bashers, if you were made the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of Harley Davidson tomorrow and you know you have the international market, above 600cc in Japan your company sells more bikes than any single rice burner brand, what would you change to keep your board and your share holders happy?

Easy quiz. I would have kept Buell and given him a chance to make a competitive sport bike. It pisses me off that I can't buy an American sport bike that doesn't suck. Oh wait, I can't even buy an American sport bike that sucks:banghead:
:banghead::banghead:

Motorcyclist ride for different reasons.
I myself I ride mainly cause of the speed and andrenaline rush. Ive ridden harleys many of times, Did I like them, yeah for what there purpose was, cruising, the American pride feeling, the sound, the feel. I would get bored after twisting the throttle, banging gears with the frame flexing shaking almost out of control and only realizing I was going 70 mph.. Would I ever own a Harley, NO!

If Harley made airplanes would you fly in one??

If I am not mistaken the V-ROD was copied from the Yamaha VMAX which the VMAX engine was orginally designed from Porsche.
So that being said No the VROD engine was not designed from Porsche the VMAX already claimed that and stomp the ever living chit out of a V-Rod which I have done countless times when I owned a VMAX

My dad has 2 VRODs and an M109. The VRODs are nicer to cruise around town on, but the 109 will leave em both sucking wind. The 109 is a torque monster. Then again, an extra 600cc does help...

Even though HD are dominating the NHRA Pro Stock world I don't really care for them. I don't think they have a street bike that can run with the busa and are way to pricy for my taste. For some reason most of the people that ride them think the world revolves around them. Now I cant blame the bike for that but if you talk to the same people when not on or around the bikes they are really different people. Or, Maybe its just me they don't like:laugh:

Harley is dominating NHRA PSM because they bought the rule book. Plain and simple.

Back