Votes: 33 60.0%
  • 50%

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • 75%

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 100% yeah, right

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
Ok, moving on. I think heels are attractive. Why do women wear them.......to look attractive? I imagine its the same way for women when preferring what men wear. Some men look more attractive to women depending on what they wear, right ladies?

I'm a Levi / T-shirt guy, but I hear about needing to dress up more often from my significant other. The only thing I read into that is, she likes the way I look when I put some casual / dress clothes on.

I dont expect it, I just think its nice. It is also not just about heels or skirts, it is about the way a person carries themselves. Heck, a supermodel can be unattractive if they have a bad attitude. I am a people watcher anyway, you can tell who is confident and proud, and when they are dressed to the nine, it is even better.

+1....

The fact is that men and women are NOT equal, just different (thank goodness!). While professional women want to be considered equal, they are also held to a different standard than men strictly because of their sex. A sharp looking business woman in a skirt is very HOT; whether she's using that as an edge or not is up to discussion. Sometimes it will turn strong men into putty. And if you've got it, free-market economics says USE IT GIRL. Neat and clean get's you ahead every time.

Who holds them to that "Standard"? Other women?

I'm a Levi / T-shirt guy, but I hear about needing to dress up more often from my significant other. The only thing I read into that is, she likes the way I look when I put some casual / dress clothes on.

True. Juli likes me dressed down because I am always dressing nice for work. Jeans and a T-shirt work for her. But she also really likes it when I am in slacks and a jacket.

LOL, I used to have a supervisor that told me, "If you cant go somewhere looking good, dont go". He used to crack me up.

Yes, I have to agree with the edge part. I used to have a cousin by marriage that was in sales.......she beat every record in her company and was dressed professionally all the time, she was very attractive and used it to her advantage.

Attractive men do the same thing. Anyway I took this to be about not seeing women in dresses as much as we did in the past. If dressing up in dresses becomes fashionable we'll see more ladies in dresses.

I think we have moved beyond some of these issues and I'm glad of it. For years I would get into trouble for opening doors. That doesn't happen so much these days and I'm glad of it.

Who holds them to that "Standard"? Other women?

Actually, I think men and women both do. However, I think a woman that appears confident and comfortable with whatever she's wearing probably has the best advantage. If she's visibly uncomfortable, that obviously doesn't work.

Last edited:
You are a very beautiful woman and Darrell is a very lucky man to have you in his life, and I'm very lucky that I met you.

PS - you're not a hippo

The thread was about seeing women in dresses. Most men understand that beauty goes beyond appearance.

Well stated.

Thank You gentlemen... I guess it's all in my head.

Truthfully.. I would LOVE to dress up everyday. I tell my friends all the time how I wish I had a job I could dress up at... but I am not comfortable in my own skin.. I guess that is why I don't wear dresses and dress girly.

Jules, being comfortable and confident makes you much more attractive :beerchug:

You are a very beautiful woman and Darrell is a very lucky man to have you in his life, and I'm very lucky that I met you.

PS - you're not a hippo

The thread was about seeing women in dresses. Most men understand that beauty goes beyond appearance.

Well stated.

Well stated? Are you kidding? If is said to BusaPebble: "By the way honey, you're not a hippo" she would kick my azz.... :punch:

there is a double standard, and different rules for men and women.....

since when did "casual fridays" include flip flops, t-shirts and bare feet?

i am glad my employer holds us to a strict dress code. I see some of the things the women in my building wear to work, and i am amazed.

Well stated? Are you kidding? If is said to BusaPebble: "By the way honey, you're not a hippo" she would kick my azz.... :punch:

Well Busa Pebbles is WAY NOT a hippo.... me on the other hand.. A little reassurance that I'm not a hippo is welcome.. jus sayin.

I need to shoot her a PM, cause you need that azz kickin' anyway :laugh:

Yes it does.. and so does short skirts, long toned and tanned legs, and blonde hair... :poke:

Not that I can argue that point, as you would be describing my wife (if she'd only wear the short skirt :please:), but you gotta work with what you got (or have a hell of a plastic surgeon!)

Good One WWJD! :thumbsup:
Missed you around here.

I'm in for dresses.
Pants look good on Hillary (and she is out) so the rest should wear dresses, IMHO.

Lets face it ....the tookass doesn't look as good in a dress they are looking for the attention. The only good dress anymore is a very short one:laugh:

Well I can say that my wife is within a few points of that but at 38yrs and having had two pups she has changed a little.
When we do go out to a nightclub she does still get carded which makes her happy.
She does still look like she is 25 but she aint 16 like the girl in the pic.
5'2 115lbs blonde, brown eyes and 110% Cuban !

:worthless:

:hide:

Back