OH While I am at it. WTF IS UP WITH MENS CLOTHES?

I'll stick to Tommy Hillfiger though. He is my favorite designer.
Designer? ? ? Name one thing he or his company "Designs"? They take typical stuff and slap a logo on it - which then triples the price.
Eh... as long as it fits you well, and you are comfortable.
smile.gif
I REALLY tried to give him a shot, I really did. At least even cK LOOKS a little different sometimes. I think I might start wearing clothes with MY names sewn into an outside label.

I bet at least HALF you guys got some girl-bought stuff you NEVER want to wear but you do for her.... shirts with ties and maybe [god forbid] a jacket! Come on, fess up! There's as many girls that like the trendy look as like the rugged outdoors look. Plenty to go around! If you can handle BOTH, you are a REAL MAN.

Its a real shame that men can't find decent looking clothes these days, I have to avoid the mall completly becasue of this.  Being a large guy myself I find a lot of good stuff at Casual male big and tall.  George Foreman collection is pretty good, no too much fruity stuff there, and it looks good on bigger guys.

<!--EDIT|Hackabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108416226 -->

They made it cool to be gay and then the gay guys were the pink shirts...your girl see a pink shirt on a gay guy thinks its cute...next thing you know youre getting a pink shirt for christmas which creates a delima.  Were the pink shirt and have your boys clown you forever, or dont and have your girl b!tch at you the whole year.
The wife tried to do this to me, took that pink shirt back and got me some polo jeans.

Been out looking for clothes at the Mall recently?  Lord N Taylor? Dillards, Nieman Marcus, Macy's, all full of freakin Fruit loop fuggin clothing.  Shid you see in Maxim, and FHM...  But who is actually wearing this stupid shid?  I mean besides the clerks working at the stores...

Even Fuggin JC Penny's and Sears for Christ Sake???  

When Did men in America become fuggin "Dress Me like A Homo" Ken Dolls?  Worst I think Was Fuggin "Express Men"...  I laughed going in and coming out.  WHO THE FUG IS DRESSING THESE poor bastards?  Dayum, Dress shirt untucked, Tie on, tight lowrise jeans with dress shoes....  WTF?  PINK N Pastels?  Fug me...  SO how long until I get to shop for real fuggin clothes again?  Where the hell do I shop now?  Old Navy?  Target?  

Last I checked Ross, and TJ MAXX were running low on "Just Fuggin Clothes"...  

Dayum, turns out the freaking Skater Store was my best bet.  SO now my jeans are extra roomy and my shoes have a little skull on them.  Did you even know Doc Martin Made dress shoes?  
Just what the hell kinda skater do I make anyway?  Ah well, eventually people will figure out that they are wearing their Parents clothes and just plain look kinda dumb.

Those of you who know me know I am not some kinda homophobe or anything like that, I just found it fuggin irritating that all the guys clothes out there are so damn fruit-I-Riffic...

I mean look at this crap...  Just add an A**hole with "Tussled hair" and ribs showing, and your good to go...
Whats your next thread goin' to be accessories, personal products, underwear  
rock.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I think Rev's just jealous cuz he has to keep his hair neat for work!
biggrin.gif
MrsREV, how do you dress you guy? ?
biggrin.gif

BTW Pink shirts been going on since the 80's and I am sure they probably had them in the 1800's as well. EVERYTHING just goes round and round. It's not new. At least we are not circling back to this:

biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW Rev, this 21 YO coed from my work is VERY attracked to 'skater bois'
biggrin.gif
At least you're trendy.

Aside: fashions come and go and repeat and change etc and one way to look at it is "How flexible are YOU?"
A better question would be... Just how flexible is that 21 YO coed that you work with?
devil.gif

I'll say this... If I end up with a pink ANYTHING to wear, it means I accidentally got something red mixed in with my whites in the laundry. Has nothing to do with insecurities, but has EVERYTHING to do with pink clothes on anything but a girl of less than five or six years old makin' me nauseated.
drooling3.gif

Hey Rev, I'm with you. Keep it simple, and COMFORTABLE! I started wearing skater shoes about 5 years ago (I'm 50), mostly because I saw Ben Stein wearing them with a suit on Comedy Central's "Win Ben Stein's Money" (great show), but I found them to be the most comfortable and stable shoes I've ever worn!

I'm an exec, so I have to dress to impress often, but give me a T-shirt, Levis 550's and my Adio skater shoes and I'm very happy.
smile.gif

Dave Mathews Band,
Who the hell is that. Is he like lil john singin a love song.  Anyway i blame it on TV.  They made it cool to be gay and then the gay guys were the pink shirts...your girl see a pink shirt on a gay guy thinks its cute...next thing you know youre getting a pink shirt for christmas which creates a delima.  Were the pink shirt and have your boys clown you forever, or dont and have your girl b!tch at you the whole year.
You know what man you are so right on that one it's not even funny. Shows like queer eye and all the it's cool to be gay sh!t you see on MTV are making a trend and a half in our society. What really is beggining to bother me is woman are getting too into each other anymore. I mean they are all about doing the lesbo scene now almost more than getting with men. And it seems like the ones that do want men don't want "MEN". You know what a man should be......rough, hardworking, beer drinking, hairy, into sports and all that jazz. No they want these pretty boy homos that wear the crap like in these stores, shave their entire body, wear earrings and knecklaces, use body lotions, and all that kinda crap. Trust me man my best friend is like that. If you didn't know him you would SWEAR he was gay but everytime I am out with him woman just go crazy over him. Woman want sissyboys anymore I am sorry to say. lol. God made me a big hairy man and by god thats what I am gonna be. I am gonna wear Levis, watch football, flip out over anything with an engine, have some face and body hair, and no matter how many times I see it I am gonna laff when I see guys falling into this trendy I wanna be a homo SH!T that is going on. If they only knew how retarded they look.

now tell us how you REALLY feel!
biggrin.gif

Boy did this thread divert itself. I wouldn't worry about the demasculation of man.... in the end, the REAL men are the ones that last, and metrosexual junk is just another passing fad. And sissy boys will always get the crap knocked out of them, and thier girls end up with strong, protector males. In case you are not informed, since the public press stays away from these issues, there are HUGE movements from the gay culture to infiltrate and promote their way of life from grass roots up. You might think it's just another dumb show but really it is propaganda. Schools, Tv, movies, plays, churches, EVEN CLOTHES. Don't get me started

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108431080 -->

Whoa Whoa Whoa... Before this thread degrades into some sorta Insecure Men Worried about gay's thread.... What I was meaning is, Gay men are typically "overly" Fashion oriented. Now I am making Generalizations true but this is from experiance and the gay friends I do have were allways well dressed. So it's not a "Pink=Gay" thing... THough I do wonder why the Fug you would want to wear a traditionally (Girl) color, No, this thread is about the overly trendy designs in ALL the stores.

I expect a certain amount of "trend" in some of the higher end stores, they work really hard to present a "Hip and With it" image that their generally pinheaded clients thrive on. Now however, we have these "EuroTwit" fashions everywhere, to the point where it's getting hard to find a pair of Dockers and a Polo shirt. Or A pair of Levi's and a decent button up shirt. Everything has been messed with, Grr...

So to hell with it, I'll walk into the fuggin little skater shop looking like some kind of fuggin midlife crisis and I'll buy the big jeans and skate shoes because they are comfortable, to hell with it...
laugh.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh and Thrasher... Umm, Reapeat after me!!!! R-a-n-d-o-m T-h-o-u-g-h-t-s..... Beeyotch...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

my oh my!!! How fruity-licious!

Rev...ya gotsta hook up a brother with them designs!
laugh.gif

In all honesty, though, I'd probably be caught dead before wearing hip-huggers. The Old Navy stuff ain't so bad either...I got me a pair of godd 'ol boot-cuts and they are very nice. Lotsa compliments from the ladies...

But yeah....mostly do the tees and jeans. The wife was askin me a while back if I'd wear a pink shirt if she bought one for me.

Needless to say, that conversation ended three hours after it began.

Rev, sounds like you are shopping "Malls" too much! Surely, whereever you are living there's a Walmart just around the corner. Big-Kmart, Target, I don't know what the big stores are called out there, but they sell the basics... they HAVE to. The places you describe are mall-based "We have to sell over priced trendy stuff cuz our rent is so high" sellers.

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108475892 -->

Guys should NEVER wear pink, no matter how secure in your manhood you are! Period, end of discussion...
rock.gif

Nowadays, all fashions seem to have reverted back to the 70's, of which I'm no fan, unless it's some smooth Barry White music, some Gladys Knight and the Pips or Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes...NO, this style isn't about that kind of stuff...

IT'S ABOUT THE BRADY BUNCH! That's it...they want all of you guys to look like Peter, Greg and what's the other-puss's name...BRADY BUNCH gear...belled out jeans, vertical stripes...where's the polyester?!
laugh.gif

"Here's the story, of a lovely lady..."
tounge.gif

Whoa Whoa Whoa...  Before this thread degrades into some sorta Insecure Men Worried about gay's thread....  What I was meaning is, Gay men are typically "overly" Fashion oriented.  Now I am making Generalizations true but this is from experiance and the gay friends I do have were allways well dressed.   So it's not a "Pink=Gay" thing...  THough I do wonder why the Fug you would want to wear a traditionally (Girl) color, No, this thread is about the overly trendy designs in ALL the stores.

I expect a certain amount of "trend" in some of the higher end stores, they work really hard to present a "Hip and With it" image that their generally pinheaded clients thrive on.  Now however, we have these "EuroTwit" fashions everywhere, to the point where it's getting hard to find a pair of Dockers and a Polo shirt.  Or A pair of Levi's and a decent button up shirt.   Everything has been messed with, Grr...

So to hell with it, I'll walk into the fuggin little skater shop looking like some kind of fuggin midlife crisis and I'll buy the big jeans and skate shoes because they are comfortable, to hell with it...  
laugh.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh and Thrasher...  Umm, Reapeat after me!!!!  R-a-n-d-o-m T-h-o-u-g-h-t-s.....   Beeyotch...
laugh.gif
Byte me oh trendless one!!

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108484334 -->

laugh.gif

I feel ya man.

Fortunately, but some twist of fate I am too poor to visit the stores you mentioned anyway.

When I do have a few $$$s extra for that "Dress Up" look, I prefer REAPERWEAR.COM for some cool t-shirts, and of course all my bike related stuff.

Pink has never been and will never be the new "Red" for me. (Although I can think of a few pink things that are good....but wait, that's not clothing!) Enough Said.

That is the dayum Brady Bunch.........looks like the Inbred Bunch, but I will leave that alone.

I have a real problem with some of these cats down here in H-town sporting the pink. It is really ironic to see some kids trying to look ganstsa with pink shiyat on, i.e. pink baseball caps, bandanas, shoes, etc.

I keep it simple and slightly trendy, Nautica, Polo, and Sean Jean, mostly black, grey, red and blue. These colors are all acceptable by Straight Men Standards.

You know to be honest I miss my Enhanced Hot Weather DCU's. They were really light weight and super comfy. Hell I miss the boots and a floppy cap as well. I get tired of tryoing to figure out what to wear, then getting out there in the world only to realize that waht you thought looked OK this morning now has you underdressed and looking sloppy...

Reaper Wear Huh? I gotta check that out.

Back