What the Hell is wrong with this beast

I would have to disagree with you this one because that still does does explain why I have no pressure in my clutch handle..and when the bike is on stands it will go into 1st and continue running but on the ground the clutch does not disengage so it dies and lunges forward.

it sounds to me like you have air trapped in the system,with the bleeder tight and the master cyl. cover off try pumping the lever several times quickly and look at the master to see if any bubles come up,they will be tiny and few at first,if you are getting bubles keep repeating until you start to get a clutch or cant get any more bubles out then start the pump and bleed process,hope this helps

You might try pumping fluid from the slave cylinder up to the resivor. I've seen this fix your type of problems a few times. Get yourself an oil pump can, attach a hose to it and the bleeder. Then pump the fluid backwards through the system. You'll need a squeeze bulb to suck the fluid out of the resivor when it fills up.

Give that a try and let us know. It will only cost you $5 for a pump type oil can and just might solve your problem.

You might try pumping fluid from the slave cylinder up to the resivor.  I've seen this fix your type of problems a few times.  Get yourself an oil pump can, attach a hose to it and the bleeder.  Then pump the fluid backwards through the system.  You'll need a squeeze bulb to suck the fluid out of the resivor when it fills up.  

Give that a try and let us know.  It will only cost you $5 for a pump type oil can and just might solve your problem.
its called back bleeding,or reverse bleeding,but it shouldn't be nessecary...

I think if somebody properly bled the system,(assuming it was all asembled correctly) there shouldn't be a problem.

He is either listening to bad advice,or not bleeding it properly.

He was under the impression that if he cranked down on the lid for the master that that would seal things up.(Bad advice,or bad judgement).

If its back together properly,with no faulty componants,it just needs PROPER bleeding.

I think folks might be talking...but someones not really listening...
wink.gif

a bit rude too...

You might try pumping fluid from the slave cylinder up to the resivor.  I've seen this fix your type of problems a few times.  Get yourself an oil pump can, attach a hose to it and the bleeder.  Then pump the fluid backwards through the system.  You'll need a squeeze bulb to suck the fluid out of the resivor when it fills up.  

Give that a try and let us know.  It will only cost you $5 for a pump type oil can and just might solve your problem.
its called back bleeding,or reverse bleeding,but it shouldn't be nessecary...

I think if somebody properly bled the system,(assuming it was all asembled correctly) there shouldn't be a problem.

He is either listening to bad advice,or not bleeding it properly.

He was under the impression that if he cranked down on the lid for the master that that would seal things up.(Bad advice,or bad judgement).

If its back together properly,with no faulty componants,it just needs PROPER bleeding.

I think folks might be talking...but someones not really listening...
wink.gif

a bit rude too...
He came to the conclusion about the filler cap all by himself, although he was at my house looking at my bike when he arrived at it. He took my cover off and looked at it, reassembled everything like he did on his own bike and my bike is fine. i haven't heard from him this week, so I don't know if he solved it or not. I told him to re-bleed the clutch, but he swears it's done right......

O WELL, we're tryin' , hopefully he gets it figured out.

Have a good 1 jeremy.... Rubb.

Back