Virginia Riders

Virginia Riders - Spring Ride 2004

• Meet at One Central Location for a Get-together.

Votes: 19 100.0%
  • Long Ride, Start in S VA.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Long Ride, Start in N VA.

• Other Event, explain below.

• Total voters
Here I sit in Illinois with a BUSA and a burning desire to ride with you guys!!!!!!  I wish I could have made your ride Tommy (Postal).  You know how much fun that would have been.  I want you guys to promise to schedule a ride over the summer months.  I will do everything I can to make it out.   Be safe, have fun and think of me sitting on my bike in Illinois wishing I was in Virginia!!!!  Bob

Hey ... everyone check in and let us know that you all got home safely. I'm in and my bro Rudy made it home safe. It was great meeting a great group of nice folks. Maybe we can do a "Fall Meet" before it gets too cold? I hope everybody else's pics came out better than mine.

DJ

Here I sit in Illinois with a BUSA and a burning desire to ride with you guys!!!!!!  I wish I could have made your ride Tommy (Postal).  You know how much fun that would have been.  I want you guys to promise to schedule a ride over the summer months.  I will do everything I can to make it out.   Be safe, have fun and think of me sitting on my bike in Illinois wishing I was in Virginia!!!!  Bob
Bob: You would have loved the ride Saturday. There were nine of of that showed up, well, six Busas, one Kaw, and two Harleys, all were great people!  I took some video, and Sage and Ken took digital pics. Hope to see them on here soon. You serious about coming out? If you do I will plan a late summer ride, maybe Richmond or Charlottsville.

cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082337583 -->

Hey ... everyone check in and let us know that you all got home safely. I'm in and my bro Rudy made it home safe. It was great meeting a great group of nice folks. Maybe we can do a "Fall Meet" before it gets too cold? I hope everybody else's pics came out better than mine.

DJ
Postal made it okay Sage. It was great riding back with you and your buddy and making friends with you. Hey, I didn't get to talk to you because we had already stopped, but did you see that big private bus that passed us on the road from Gordansville to Orange on the four-lane? I didn't see him until he was right beside me on the left. Scared the crap out of me!  
blush.gif
I almost did a right turn into the ditch!

Anyway, glad you guys made it back safe. Post some pics when you get time.

Till next time...

beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082337463 -->

DJ
Postal made it okay Sage. It was great riding back with you and your buddy and making friends with you. Hey, I didn't get to talk to you because we had already stopped, but did you see that big private bus that passed us on the road from Gordansville to Orange on the four-lane? I didn't see him until he was right beside me on the left. Scared the crap out of me!  
blush.gif

Till next time...

beerchug.gif
Yeah ... I saw that big sucker and it was moving fast. I've ridden trail in a group before, but I've never been in a situation where I had to warn the riders in front that a big fast mover was coming up. I know the responsibilities for lane changes, watching riders for fatigue ... etc ... what should I have done?
Man, my pics came out all burry, my camera takes a while to focus and the only pics that came out are of Michelle threatening me with her hair brush
smile.gif

DJ

DJ
blush.gif

Till next time...

beerchug.gif
Yeah ... I saw that big sucker and it was moving fast. I've ridden trail in a group before, but I've never been in a situation where I had to warn the riders in front that a big fast mover was coming up. I know the responsibilities for lane changes, watching riders for fatigue ... etc ... what should I have done?
Man, my pics came out all burry, my camera takes a while to focus and the only pics that came out are of Michelle threatening me with her hair brush
smile.gif

DJ
Nothing you could have done to warn me, it was my responsibility to look in my mirror. I guess I was getting a little sluggish from being sick. Oh well, we made it!
cool.gif

As for the pics, that's too bad. Ken has some great ones over at the link... "2nd annual..."

I have to admit, Michelle seems a lot more tame in person than she does on the web.
tounge.gif

Take care!

Tom.

DJ
blush.gif

Till next time...

beerchug.gif
smile.gif

DJ
Nothing you could have done to warn me, it was my responsibility to look in my mirror. I guess I was getting a little sluggish from being sick. Oh well, we made it!  
cool.gif

As for the pics, that's too bad. Ken has some great ones over at the link... "2nd annual..."

I have to admit, Michelle seems a lot more tame in person than she does on the web.  
tounge.gif

Take care!

Tom.
Hey! I was trying to behave myself...new people, didn't want to prove I am the Village Idiot right away!

We made it back without incident...got home around 7:30 p.m. Only problems we had were that those two Harley guys riding with me had to keep stopping 'cause their tushies hurt...I tried telling them over and over that they both had the wrong bikes!
tounge.gif

We had a blast though...I'd do that again anytime...thanks for organizing everything Postal...C-Ville or Richmond sound good for the next one, unless you guys want to meander your way to my quiet neck of the woods...

I actually wouldn't mind organizing a RIDE with everyone...I was having a blast for that 2 mile round trip with other Busas!
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

Back