Virginia Riders

Virginia Riders - Spring Ride 2004

• Meet at One Central Location for a Get-together.

Votes: 19 100.0%
  • Long Ride, Start in S VA.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Long Ride, Start in N VA.

• Other Event, explain below.

• Total voters

Postal

Donating Member
Registered
<marquee>All VA area riders:</marquee>
Let's start passing around ideas for a spring get-together/ride. First, we should probably decide if we want a get-together (i.e. we all ride to a central location, meet, eat, etc. and ride locally then split), or a formal ride (i.e. we all meet one place, ride all day covering some serious realestate, and others can meet up with us along the way if they can't make it to the starting place).

I like either idea...riding from one end to the other will probably afford more people the opportunity to meet us as we go along...

Why not see how many would like to travel from one side to the other? Those on the west end at all interested in seeing some of the east coast? Or, do we want to head toward the mountains? I'm game for what the majority says...

I would like to see a MD/VA/DC get together and ride! Meeting in Northern VA would be perfect for that.

DJ

I would like to see a MD/VA/DC get together and ride! Meeting in Northern VA would be perfect for that.

DJ
Good point sage. This ride/event is open for anyone! The more the better.
beerchug.gif

I like either idea...riding from one end to the other will probably afford more people the opportunity to meet us as we go along...

Why not see how many would like to travel from one side to the other?  Those on the west end at all interested in seeing some of the east coast?  Or, do we want to head toward the mountains?  I'm game for what the majority says...
Michelle: I like that idea too (east to west, west to east). Let's see how many suggest that.

Tom.

cool.gif

Finding a place to meet and eat and admire the bikes would be easier to plan. Between VA/MD/DC there are just so many good places to ride. Also you never know how many riders will attend, if someone knows of a place that can accommodate 15 or 25 bikes parking wise that would be good.

Finding a place to meet and eat and admire the bikes would be easier to plan.  Between VA/MD/DC there are just so many good places to ride.  Also you never know how many riders will attend,  if someone knows of a place that can accommodate 15 or 25 bikes parking wise that would be good.
Popo: We met last time in the parking lot of the JC Penney store in Lynchburg VA. There was only two of us though, me and EAKbusa. It was a huge parking lot, and Lynchburg was a great central location. Tons of places to eat and ride there too.

Here is a pic.

I am down for whatever can be arranged but meeting in Lynchburg would work fine. I am also glad to meet up with anyone coming thru from my area (SW VA, or TN) and ride together to Lynchburg.

Lynchburg, would be a nice ride through the hills from NoVa...seems to be about a 3 hour ride from anywhere...:D

I live in Wa. state, but i've ridden in Va. last year I went across country on my bike ( my mom lives in newport news ) . West Va. had some nice riding . I just had to put in my 2 cents . Good riding guys and girls .
jump9.gif

I live in Wa. state, but i've ridden in Va. last year I went across country on my bike ( my mom lives in newport news ) . West Va. had some nice riding . I just had to put in my 2 cents . Good riding guys and girls .    
jump9.gif
Fris: great to hear from ya! Wow! A coast-to-coast ride? You get the iron-bottom award. Did you ride it on a Busa?

crazy.gif

ok, I'm having withdrawels.....Who can pay for a 60 degree day so we all can meet up and ride....
biggrin.gif
soapbox.gif
race.gif

ok, I'm having withdrawels.....Who can pay for a 60 degree day so we all can meet up and ride....
biggrin.gif

soapbox.gif

race.gif
Don't I wish! I hate winter so much, I find myself continually complaining about it since buying the Busa...driving family and friends away I'm sure...
biggrin.gif

Where's Ashburn UUBusa?

biggrin.gif

Ashburn - ummm, right next to Dulles Airport. I can see the tower from here and wave to people in the planes
biggrin.gif
We're pretty close to everything up here....I like to ride up in Maryland alot, around Fredrick....The back roads are nice. This summer I'm planning on riding down your way to visit the old Navy buddies and revisit the back roads of Suffolk heeheehee... We used to drag race down there.... back in the good ol'days..

Ashburn - ummm, right next to Dulles Airport.  I can see the tower from here and wave to people in the planes
biggrin.gif
 We're pretty close to everything up here....I like to ride up in Maryland alot, around Fredrick....The back roads are nice.  This summer I'm planning on riding down your way to visit the old Navy buddies and revisit the back roads of Suffolk  heeheehee...  We used to drag race down there....  back in the good ol'days..
I'm in your area from time to time...should be up there in the coming weeks to drop my husband off at Dulles for a flight to Hong Kong...

If you pass through the Hampton Roads area, give me a shout...

Will Do! I'm hoping we all get to met in Lynchburg or where ever. I noticed on the other web-site that there was about 48 people checking in with Busa's. That'll be pretty cool to see 50 Busa's in a parking lot or twisting through the hills... I'm on Oracles mail list so I'm sure we'll all meet up soon..
cool.gif

Looks like we can do both, the ride from N to S, and still meet up in Lynchburg. Maybe start out near Manassas and ride down 29/28 through Charlottsville to Lynchburg. The folks in thw SW and SE can meet us in Lynchburg. Let's keep this thread alive and very soon we can set a date to ride from N VA to Lynchburg. It will be great!!

Postal.

biggrin.gif

Looks like we can do both, the ride from N to S, and still meet up in Lynchburg. Maybe start out near Manassas and ride down 29/28 through Charlottsville to Lynchburg. The folks in thw SW and SE can meet us in Lynchburg. Let's keep this thread alive and very soon we can set a date to ride from N VA to Lynchburg. It will be great!!

Postal.

biggrin.gif
Postal - How far for you to Lynchburg? If I can do this, I'd probably like to meet up with you in Stafford (just about two hours from me), then ride to Lynchburg...it's always a BIG if with kids and the hubby, but I really want to go!

Just trying to work out some ideas...

smile.gif

Hey I see that everyone is liking the idea of meeting in Lynchburg.
biggrin.gif
There are plenty of places to eat here (good ol lunchburg). If we ever set a date I would be happy to arrange a meeting place @ a resturant here. If anyone is interested there are several hotels around the area and there is some good riding here. Usually in the warmer months they have a "curise in" @ the mall on a sat night. Would be really cool to see like 50 busa's in it(its FREE to enter it as far as I know).
LETS DO IT
super.gif
race.gif

Back