Virginia Riders

Virginia Riders - Spring Ride 2004

• Meet at One Central Location for a Get-together.

Votes: 19 100.0%
  • Long Ride, Start in S VA.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Long Ride, Start in N VA.

• Other Event, explain below.

• Total voters
and the reaper.....changed to flow like he's flying throw the wind....forwards of' course

Okay, we are coming down to the wire here, just about 11 days from the Lynchburg ride.

QUESTION FOR YOU ALL: How many of you will still come if the daytime weather stays in the mid 60s temperature range, and dry?

rock.gif

Okay, we are coming down to the wire here, just about 11 days from the Lynchburg ride.

QUESTION FOR YOU ALL: How many of you will still come if the daytime weather stays in the mid 60s temperature range, and dry?

rock.gif
As long as the winds aren't high and it's sunny, 60's are perfect for me...

The 60's work for me too... It was only supposed to be low 60's and I saw on a sign that it was 70 around 6 PM tonight.  So I snuck home today since my day got all screwed up.  Plus I had to go to town anyways and my truck only gets 11 MPG on a good day, so off I went. Had a good ride round town after my meeting.  The only thing is when the sun goes down it gets a bit nippy so bring some extra clothes or stay the night.  That's my suggestion
wink.gif

Count me in, I'm in Waynesboro(25miles west of charlottesville).
If anyone is meeting up in Charlottesvile post the time to meet.

OH sorry everyone..... I know it is only a 20 min ride for me... But believe me I would ride the distance if it was in another place

Michelle...What time are you guys planning on heading through Richmond? If you want highway we could head up towards Charlottesville. Personally I prefer to stay off the highway when I can. 360/460 isn't a bad ride. Mostly divided with two lanes each direction. Let me know what you think. I don't generally ride real fast, yet another reason to stay off the highway, sometimes its more about the ride than the destination. I seem to lose my mind out on the highway. I just want to put as much space between me and the cages as possible. That's all too easy with a turn of the wrist on the Busa. So I try to avoid it whenever possible.

Sorry to hear about your bike UUBusa. I dropped mine in the rain last week. I was sitting at a stop sign about to make right. Guy in a cage across from me had pulled up to stop sign with blinker on to make a right. No worries going opposite directions. No so lucky. When I started to pull away dude gunned it and spun tires straight across the street. Spooked me I stalled my baby and ended up standing beside her in the street.
cussing.gif
. I picked her up, dusted off my bruised ego and promptly took her home. Nothing broken just some scratches on her. I'm thinking custom paint too but it'll wait till winter. I'll just keep her clean and ride her till the season is over. Then the real work will begin.

<span style='color:firebrick'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>OK those of you that need your hat for Spring time.

100 hats to go... I will buy and give the 25th order free, followed with the 55th order free and the 99 order free. you do not want to be at events with a crowd and risk not being seen by your Brother and Sister Hayabusa.org members. Let's see how fast we can get these hats on some heads. Have fun and good luck.</span></span>
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Michelle...What time are you guys planning on heading through Richmond?  If you want highway we could head up towards Charlottesville. Personally I prefer to stay off the highway when I can. 360/460 isn't a bad ride. Mostly divided with two lanes each direction. Let me know what you think. I don't generally ride real fast, yet another reason to stay off the highway, sometimes its more about the ride than the destination. I seem to lose my mind out on the highway. I just want to put as much space between me and the cages as possible. That's all too easy with a turn of the wrist on the Busa. So I try to avoid it whenever possible.

Sorry to hear about your bike UUBusa. I dropped mine in the rain last week. I was sitting at a stop sign about to make  right. Guy in a cage across from me had pulled up to stop sign with blinker on to make a right. No worries going opposite directions. No so lucky. When I started to pull away dude gunned it and spun tires straight across the street. Spooked me I stalled my baby and ended up standing beside her in the street.
cussing.gif
. I picked her up, dusted off my bruised ego and promptly took her home. Nothing broken just some scratches on her. I'm thinking custom paint too but it'll wait till winter. I'll just keep her clean and ride her till the season is over. Then the real work will begin.
According to MapQuest, it's a 3.5 hour ride from my place...I'm an hour+ from Richmond, so we're leaving early and hoping for fairly comfortable temps!

How long is the ride from your area? I'm up for meeting up and riding with you, if you can stand the two Harleys that will be with me!
smile.gif

Off highway is fine, as long as it's not going to take hours and hours...I too prefer the roads less taken if possible! I'd like to keep the trip around or just above speed limit; it's called a ride, not a race!
tounge.gif
So, I don't think we'll have a problem with that...

Sorry to hear that you dropped yours too BusaKen...I think we all do it at some point...

Weather looks good for the 17th! Around 68 for the daytime high, 10% chance of rain, partly cloudy.... Let's keep our fingers crossed!

jump9.gif

<marquee><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>WEATHER UPDATE FOR LYNCHBURG...</span></marquee>

SUNNY and 72 Degrees on the 17th!!!

Looks like it will be a great day!!!

biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: "......."|1081772517 -->

I am praying for good weather too... because right now it is cold wet and miserable
sad.gif
It's gonna be great weather! Get the word out, let's hope for a good turnout.

biggrin.gif
Did I mention that I would be video taping the whole thing? I am going to have it professionally edited and put on DVD for everyone (music, etc, etc). Might have to charge a slight fee for the DVDs, mailing, and editing, but it shouldn't be too bad. I have a relative that does professional editing for commercials and promotional videos. Hope to get him to do it for us.

See everyone in Lynchburg on the 17th at 12:00 Noon, Lynchburg Mall, Parking lot outside of JC Penney store.

race.gif

Hey guys...I'm very much up in the air on being there...

My son's been very sick, my babysitter just backed out on 1/2 of the day, so riding to Lynchburg looks impossible at this moment...I'm going to work on some details today to see if I can't get someone else to take over when the first babysitter leaves, but I'm not sure I can...

If my kid gets sick, it's a given that I won't be there...

Don't count me out just yet...I've got a few hours today to work some magic perhaps! I really want to ride tomorrow...

Hey guys...I'm very much up in the air on being there...

My son's been very sick, my babysitter just backed out on 1/2 of the day, so riding to Lynchburg looks impossible at this moment...I'm going to work on some details today to see if I can't get someone else to take over when the first babysitter leaves, but I'm not sure I can...

If my kid gets sick, it's a given that I won't be there...

Don't count me out just yet...I've got a few hours today to work some magic perhaps!  I really want to ride tomorrow...
Hey Michelle, don't worry about it. Family comes first. I hope your son gets better! We'll miss you if you can't make it.
sad.gif

Looks like we are going...at least I have daycare lined up and THAT'S a BIG thing to do nowadays; whatever happened to knowing every kid that babysits?!

If Sam doesn't get sick again, we'll be there...looking forward to stealing that kick stand Postal!
tounge.gif

Looks like we are going...at least I have daycare lined up and THAT'S a BIG thing to do nowadays; whatever happened to knowing every kid that babysits?!

If Sam doesn't get sick again, we'll be there...looking forward to stealing that kick stand Postal!  
tounge.gif
jump9.gif

I knew you would work it out. Hope Sam stays well!

Back