Trackday on Pocketbikes, YSR50s

fstbusa, you better not be in the low 40s or I'll hafta come up there runnin low octane and put the SMACK DOWN on your new ride!!! hehehehe I look forward to our next track day!

Looks GREAT! Looks big. You should take a pic with you standing by it for size reference. Lower than your knees I believe

my other bike

pb2.JPG

it is wicked... you guys really guy try these things out... it is a slight investment at first but find some friends to get some and its really cheap racing... especially if you buy some cones from walmart and setup a track in a parking lot... very very very fun!!!!!

next track day... 25th!!!!! its race time!!!!! View attachment 505260

my other bike
Didn't you post that you got this one off of ebay fairly cheap awhile back? If yes who was the seller and were they good to do business with. Was it worth the money? Looking at maybe getting one and that would help sort out some of the scams or trash product out there. TIA

Yo,

That looks like some serious fun!! Any recommendations on where to purchase one of these pocket-rockets....

Is one brand more dependable than the other? do you have to carry insurance?

Looks like a fun new hobby, the wife is really going to be pissed now...

spin

Over a year ago, when I started researching the best Pocket Bikes, POLINI seemed to be the stuff for speed, quality, reliability etc. I have no idea if anyone is besting them yet. Also, I wanted the chepest/BEST kind, again, Polini delivered. I think it goes if you are paying under a grand new, it is not a real race-ready bike but more like a minibike trying to LOOK like a real race bike. If you wnat to race for fun or legues, spend the money. If you jsut want to toot around your neighborhood for kicks, get a much cheaper one. REMEMBER: none of these are street legal anyway. FSTBUSA may have some input having owned a couple brands now too.

I do not carry any kind of insurance on my Pocket Bikes. I suppose you could if you wanted - or put them on homeowers maybe? The track has some liability insurance when I race.

I bought mine from http://www.midsouthminimoto.com/
cuz they had free shipping or some perk. Turnaround was quick, prices were decent.... there are many places to buy them from, just do some Froogle.com or Googles

Riding them IS a blast I can't really explain.
smile.gif
They are NOT the most comfortable things to ride though. Mine have NO suspension except the tires them selves, they vibrate the crap out of you, and the riding position may require some limberness and sacrifices to the God's of Pain. But after you get around your own whimpiness, you forgot the pains and have a freaking blast!! I don't think I 'passed' fstbusa once on the track but just chasing him and HOPING to was so much fun and felt as real as ANY track racing! His line was perfect, corner exits great, I JUST COULDN'T GET AROUND HIM!!! $&%@#&@*%^@& Coulda run INTO him a few times... that's another thing: dumping these will likely cost you nothing more than a bruised ego. 30-40mph is gonna hurt, but the bike will bounce around and be ready to go at it again. MUCH cheaper than full size racing.
smile.gif

For you speed freaks, my bike almost hits 40mph. Which to ME is scary fast 2 inches off the ground considering the wheel base. The current land speed PB record is 72mph

here's some great info: http://pocketbikeplanet.com/

PS there are tons of MODS in this market too :p
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095259998 -->

smile.gif

smile.gif

I'd love to have one but I am 6'-3" 215 lbs. All legs. I'd look like a monkey trying to hump a trash can on one of those things.
crazy.gif

BTW, FSTBUSA I think is selling that great looking Pocketbike at the top of this post, if he hasn't sold it already

Back