Trackday on Pocketbikes, YSR50s

great pics Greg! Looks like you and Travis had a blast! I don't think I could plant my big a$$ on one of those! LOL

Looks pretty fun in teh pic with everyone on the strait is the little guy in the process of whippin s$$
rock.gif
How much do those cost?

Looks pretty fun in teh pic with everyone on the strait is the little guy in the process of whippin s$$
rock.gif
How much do those cost?

oh you can get a "cheap" one... for about $300 shipped

they aren't quite as fast and need slightly more care to be decent but go about 30 mph. Still super fun for $300. And its super cheap to work on em. IF you blow it up... a new motor is only like $150. piston and rings is like $20.

I'm selling my cheaper one and getting a better/faster one.

in these parts there is a huge z50 racing crowd. They beef 'em up, bigger bores etc . My buddy Jim has a pit 50 with a sidecar(to carry the beer) .

But those pockets look to be HUGE fun...

Maybe Rubbah can get a circuit going....

hav a tiny, but good 1.....RSD.

Are there race tracks readily available to race on, cause i want one now espically after seeing the chrome one.

everywhere you ride pocketbikes, off track, is illegal. unless you know someone that owns a parking lot. some kart tracks have bike days which is what we did here. get on www.pocketbikeplanet.com
and do some research for local riders. this is a sort fo newish sport so leagues and groups of riders are sparse.
remember there are differnet levels: under $400 are ridable, but not as fast or solid as above $1000 which are race ready, quality built. top of the line is $3000 15HP 80+ MPH

NONE are designed with small children in mind.

Track racing is SO MUCH FUN. It's really almsot like REAL racing! fstbusa and I were dukign it out all day - smae rider skills, same exact bikes... I was inches off his rear tire on many corners at 35 mph - what fun!

helmetcam.JPG

hahaha nice stills greg... find some webspace to host some of that wide angle video
laugh.gif

i had to make my desktop pic off the one where FST was tucking lmao:laugh:
ive had comments at work from it so far, jus passer bys in the cubicals lol, i love that pic.

man you'll understand when you ride em. You're head to head... no more power than the guy next to ya. you'll take what you can get.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Sorry Man, But I gotta See MSF, Bullet, or one of the other really Big MoFO's on one of these...
wow.gif
Looks like good silly assed fun. But the lack of Knee down pics has me rather disapointed bro!

That looks like a blast! Seeing all of those pocketbikes in line, racing along is just hysterical fun...
laugh.gif

Thanks for showing us that even pocketbikes can have some bling bling on 'em...like the 'Terminator' bike!
biggrin.gif

When you posting the video?!
tounge.gif

Man, that looks like a ton of fun! I am seriously contemplating getting one of those for an Xmas present this year.

the question is WHERE can I post a video? I have a long one of me chasing fstbusa for about 4 laps. it's cool.

that silver one looked cool, but I could lap it with my Polini's ;)

laugh.gif
Sorry Man, But I gotta See MSF, Bullet, or one of the other really Big MoFO's on one of these...
wow.gif
Looks like good silly assed fun. But the lack of Knee down pics has me rather disapointed bro!
hehehehe my bikes are rated for 240 LBS. which is a lot for such a tiny beast.

I'm still working out the knee dragging logistics on Pocket bikes. It's a lil different... it's more like CALF dragging! If I try to hike off the side the whole unit wobbles and flips! ouch

my new 4.2 hp polini

I just got a new pocketbike....

just got it broke in... prolly goes upper 30's maybe into low 40s
biggrin.gif

pb.JPG

Back