Brand new stock 2012 Busa at the track

great video footage dookoo. someday i want to hit the track with the big girl up in laconia, n.h. right now i don't have the coin for a full leather suit at this point.

The new suit I was wearing is by Teknic. I believe they are going out of business and you can get them for a great price. I paid $799 for a 70% Kangaroo leather suit, which is unheard of. Quality was great. Teknic, unlike european fit brands, fits the American physique much better (I.E. generally wider shoulders and chest). Look them up. Otherwise, most trackdays are OK with two piece ballistic nylon or leather suits as well.

I stopped riding my busa on the track when I bought my 1K (2 years ago now). Sometimes I think I'd love to take her back out there now that I know a little more about riding and go play on it a little...

This fall I might just have to carry it with me to Barber for an intermediate session...

I stopped riding my busa on the track when I bought my 1K (2 years ago now). Sometimes I think I'd love to take her back out there now that I know a little more about riding and go play on it a little...

This fall I might just have to carry it with me to Barber for an intermediate session...

I'd like to see you get her back out there now that you have so much track experience. :thumbsup:

Ha ha, trust me, I know the feeling. I got bored with my track bike and took the Goldwing a few times over the last few years to keep it fresh. Trackdays have their place but I like desolate, fast rides on public roadways for lunch and meet with friends the best. It was definitely a great way to get to know my new Busa, thats for sure (I.E. use caution when opening the throttle in 2nd gear, sometimes 3rd/the stock footpegs suck as your foot will slip off the rubber/and the curb feelers on the footpegs...well just take them off!)

VP2_1002.jpg

A fun filled day of the constant smell of burning rubber and power slides at triple digits in third gear armed with a helmet camera and not one caught on camera. How could that possibly happen? :shocked:

Fact or fiction? You decide!

rollin-1.jpg

Hot damn Pan, you have put some meat on that a$$!

You aren't tellin me yore constantly power slidin at half throttle in third gere and never leave a mark too, are you?

Now come on, thar caint be two of you on the same forum!

Hey, guys who can ride like that have photographs as well as video of such activity. All of em! Guys that can slide a bike through a corner at will like Danny Eslick don't show up on a busa forum tooting their horn! At least not til now! :beerchug:

If DooKoo is the real deal, he will soon post up his best action shots. If I'm wrong I'll humbly apologize. Until then, I'm not bite-en! :dunno:

Tuff, how about fair play. Lets see some track video of you on a Busa. The trackday i used to get to know my brand new bike, not to crash it. You paint me up to be some type of poser. I'm am amateur non racer who enjoys anything on two wheels. I race mountain bikes (cross country, downhill and 24 hour endurance event) and motocross/hard scrambles on occasion. I see you are a senior member of this forum. I didn't expect you blowing up my post with accusations and insinuations. No I don't claim to be Danny Eslick. He's a great rider.

Tuff, how about fair play. Lets see some track video of you on a Busa.

I'm a fair guy but I call em like I see em! I'm not the one boastin!

Last season I put in 42 days on the track as an instructor. Every Friday before race weekends we have a track day where we find most of the top five guys practicing. I'm out with some super fast club racers and I never once see one powersliding at triple digits. When they do break the tire loose it's always up near redline where it's manageable. I heard Rossi once say "To manage tire spin you MUST be in the top 25% of the RPM Range". And you are telling me you are lolly-gagging around in third gear constantly spinning on corner exits. I think you are most likely above average rider but I'm not buyin the fancy stuff! If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's most likely a duck. :dunno:

Personally, with all of Tuf's vast knowledge of EVERYTHING related to riding, tires, gear and life in general, I keep wondering why I've never ever seen his name in lights, or on the lineup for MotoGP, or anything really beyond being keyboard-commando-antagonist-extraordinaire here on the oRg...so odd, isn't it?? Go figure :sarcasm:

Anyway, congrats Dookoo, on taking it to the track and just having fun...don't worry, most here on the oRg don't live to burst your bubble or make you defend what you're doing on your Busa. Just have a blast... :thumbsup:

Personally, with all of Tuf's vast knowledge of EVERYTHING related to riding, tires, gear and life in general, I keep wondering why I've never ever seen his name in lights, or on the lineup for MotoGP, or anything really beyond being keyboard-commando-antagonist-extraordinaire here on the oRg...so odd, isn't it?? Go figure :sarcasm:

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!!!

If I ever sign up for a track day at Road America with the Busa, I'll never post about it. :beerchug:

The new suit I was wearing is by Teknic. I believe they are going out of business and you can get them for a great price. I paid $799 for a 70% Kangaroo leather suit, which is unheard of. Quality was great. Teknic, unlike european fit brands, fits the American physique much better (I.E. generally wider shoulders and chest). Look them up. Otherwise, most trackdays are OK with two piece ballistic nylon or leather suits as well.
will do, thanks!

Gee, why not Bots? You don't like being picked apart?? Doesn't everyone live for that?? :rolleyes:

Funny thing is Valentino Rossi could join the site, and post a vid of himself doing a track day, and Tuf would criticize him. I guarantee it...

After MotoGp at Laguna Seca, I'll sign up for a trackday there and post a video. I'm going to wheelie while flipping the finger and have a hot chicks with me. I will openly invite Tuff to stay over my house to enjoy a trackday and maybe we can both enjoy some riding. I'm sure we have more in common that not. Sound like something you want to do Tuff?

Anyway, congrats Dookoo, on taking it to the track and just having fun...don't worry, most here on the oRg don't live to burst your bubble or make you defend what you're doing on your Busa. Just have a blast... :thumbsup:

Looks like you have yourself a brand new shining star!

I don't brag nor am I a world class rider. I've been in this business for decades and certainly know horst sh it when I smell it!

Back