** TOBIN SEATS Advice**

sorry but there's no way in hell that is from Tobin. I orderd a set of seat from him too, wanted gloss black but got dull black. sent him seat from another member here and he remade them, and I sold the dull blacks on this board. I had to wait an additional week, but he was gone for a bike show...so I know nothing leaves his shop without his QC. He is one of the most professional guys I have dealt with, called me personally to clear up a miscommunication, when I have easily taken the road you did and piss him off, then nothing solved. you're right though, it is your loss...better luck next time, this will not hurt Tobin's reputation

How did you pay for the seats? I've bought items by credit card, had problems with the vendor and had my $$ refunded. I shipped back the products on the vendor's dime and got my $$.
Just my .02¢

I paid by paypal..They take it direct from my checking account..I need to change it to debit or credit card..My bad for sure..

I did get an Estimate on repairs, For the BBB..

Estimstetobin.jpg

Just send the seats back. Why and the He77 would you even think of paying $400 for repair.

Regardless of what is in the past. DO NOT RIP OFF THE COVERS..sen the whole seat back and have them make it right. Stop the BS
firedevil.gif

how much "butt" support do Tobin seats provide?

Asking this because i'm considering purchasing one. The look isn't a concern (though I like it) since I like the stock one ok. Price isn't either.
Comfort isn't really a concern either as I'm fine on the stocker but I'm 6'1 and definitely ride the tank (at least I love being very close to it) so besides being lowered (which I'm not sure I'd like) the riding position probably won't change significantly.
What I don't like is sliding to the back of the seat under WOT (at least without either clamping my legs, pushing on the pegs or grabbing the bar hard (which I don't like doing)...

so I was wondering if the Tobin would provide this kind of support or if the rear "hump" is just for show.

(samw5 @ Sep. 15 2007,09:10) how much "butt" support do Tobin seats provide?

Asking this because i'm considering purchasing one. The look isn't a concern (though I like it) since I like the stock one ok. Price isn't either.
Comfort isn't really a concern either as I'm fine on the stocker but I'm 6'1 and definitely ride the tank (at least I love being very close to it) so besides being lowered (which I'm not sure I'd like) the riding position probably won't change significantly.
What I don't like is sliding to the back of the seat under WOT (at least without either clamping my legs, pushing on the pegs or grabbing the bar hard (which I don't like doing)...

so I was wondering if the Tobin would provide this kind of support or if the rear "hump" is just for show.
Yes they do!
super.gif
They also are custom made to your size, he gets your height, weight, and waist size to set dimensions of seat hump etc.

These are the best seats made, I don't care what this thread says and can't believe this asshat is still spewing about it after all is said and done with.

(Shibumi @ Sep. 15 2007,07:43)
(samw5 @ Sep. 15 2007,09:10) how much "butt" support do Tobin seats provide?

Yes they do!  
super.gif
 They also are custom made to your size, he gets your height, weight, and waist size to set dimensions of seat hump etc.

These are the best seats made, I don't care what this thread says and can't believe this asshat is still spewing about it after all is said and done with.
+1, Tobin is the way to go...

Lloyd, it's becoming quite obvious you burned your bridges completly down. You were asked to send the seat(s) back for remediation. But you wanted to rip the covers off the pan and send back? Why not post some of your e-mails to Tobin? I'm sure if Tobin felt he needed to do so, it would probably show a different story than what you are portraying....You do seem to be a little intolerant of quality control problems. Life is full of that so get used to dealing with it.

You are certainly not a great communicator when it comes to consumer complaints. You seemed to have had a valid issue but your failure to follow up with Tobins request to repair the seats will have the BBB wondering about you as well. The BBB will have no effect on his business. They only track complaints, no enforcement of any kind. This would likely be his first complaint anyway. Plus you get a quote for $350-$400 for repair. Wouldn't the $20+ shipping charge back to him for repair or refund been better?

(Zrex1 @ Sep. 14 2007,21:08) I paid by paypal..They take it direct from my checking account..I need to change it to debit or credit card..My bad for sure..

I did get an Estimate on repairs, For the BBB..

Estimstetobin.jpg
Oh, and don't use the debit card. That comes right out of your account too. You'll be dealing with the bank on that which is another nightmare. Always use the credit card if you think you will need to dispute. Doesn't paypal have a dispute procedure? Maybe I'm thinking e-bay....

I still want to see the whole seat in a picture, including a picture of the Tobin Seats tag that comes on his seats. I still don't believe that those pics are his work. I have seats done by him and they are pure quality.

Back