** TOBIN SEATS Advice**

I don’t know Tobin from Adam , he sent you some bad stuff you had your temper tantrum on the internet now it’s time to man up and send the shittt back and get a FULL refund AND the price of shipping! If he doesn’t do it the he’s an azz hat but I think there is more to this story then we’ve been told. Also contact a mod so you can get your old log on back.

Vic I love you like a brother put you can be very abrasive and unforgiving of others, I still luv ya  
wink.gif

Quality Customer Service or not, Pissing and moaning about it ain't going to get it fixed, TOBIN is probably the best when it comes to doing seats, I am sure from some of your posts that he acknowledged that a mistake was made and he would fix it, to me that is a man that is willing to stand and deliever a product that he has pride in and stands behind. Give him a chance to rectifie the mistake before you jump off the deep end and verbally assasinate the man and his business.
beerchug.gif

(BA BUSA @ Sep. 09 2007,11:32)
(Zrex1 @ Sep. 08 2007,18:36) Here is an email from Karen last month...I have some other pics on my desktop PC I can post later for ya...This guy has been jackin me around for over a month on this deal...

He has my money, so he wins..

Subject:

Re: Seats arrived
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 07:15:07 -0400
   Hi Lloyd:
Thanx for sending the pix...we see what you mean.  I was surprised to see that it looked like that.  We will definitely take care of you.  Just let me know when you're ready to send it in to be fixed.
My apologies again for the subpar workmanship...he must have had a rough nite before he did your seat!

Lisa
WWW.TOBINSEATS.COM

Thanks, Tobin
Well you're not happy with the seats that you got done by Tobin...SEND them back and let him make it right.

Their "Quality Control" sucked on this deal and YOU are really azzing up the whole thing even more
rock.gif

This 2nd email you posted is more than a MONTH old and you still haven't sent them back
rock.gif
BA, are you actually advocating he send the seats back, as requested, for remediation? I truly believe some people enjoy trolling, stirring the pot and being drama queens, on the internet and likely in their real life. There's no doubt I'd be upset if this happened to me but I would try to straighten it all out before bashing a supplier online......Send the seats back, let them address the problem, THEN report the outcome. Oh, and refering to him as Lord Tobin is childish & immature, to say the least......

rock.gif

(Poppy @ Sep. 09 2007,09:03)
(BA BUSA @ Sep. 09 2007,11
zzwhip.gif
)
(Zrex1 @ Sep. 08 2007,18:36) Here is an email from Karen last month...I have some other pics on my desktop PC I can post later for ya...This guy has been jackin me around for over a month on this deal...

He has my money, so he wins..

Subject:

Re: Seats arrived
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 07:15:07 -0400
   Hi Lloyd:
Thanx for sending the pix...we see what you mean.  I was surprised to see that it looked like that.  We will definitely take care of you.  Just let me know when you're ready to send it in to be fixed.
My apologies again for the subpar workmanship...he must have had a rough nite before he did your seat!

Lisa
WWW.TOBINSEATS.COM

Thanks, Tobin
Well you're not happy with the seats that you got done by Tobin...SEND them back and let him make it right.

Their "Quality Control" sucked on this deal and YOU are really azzing up the whole thing even more
rock.gif

This 2nd email you posted is more than a MONTH old and you still haven't sent them back
rock.gif
BA, are you actually advocating he send the seats back, as requested, for remediation? I truly believe some people enjoy trolling, stirring the pot and being drama queens, on the internet and likely in their real life. There's no doubt I'd be upset if this happened to me but I would try to straighten it all out before bashing a supplier online......Send the seats back, let them address the problem, THEN report the outcome. Oh, and refering to him as Lord Tobin is childish & immature, to say the least......
Yeah
crazy.gif

You would think that he would get them fixed BEFORE he bashed the guy.

Fat chance now...the poster must be a DRAMA QUEEN
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

rock.gif

This is the stupidest thread ever... Everyone keeps saying the same **** and getting mad at everyone else... Just close the thread and lets give Tobin the benefit of the doubt here as one issue out of a thousand isnt enough to keep me or anyone else that has their wallet set on a set of Tobins from ordering them... And I have still not seen any email proof or posted conversation where he said nothing was wrong with that seat as the initial post remarked... Bunch of bullshit... Glad I dont work in customer service, cause if someone did this to me, I'd get the seats back, redo them and **** inside and send them back out!
firedevil.gif

You guys do what you want..

But be aware that he has employees doing this stuff now and if you ever have an issue with him this is the treatment you will get...

He aint gonna do anything about my seats and I know it. That is why I posted this..The asshat lied to me..

and it appears some of you cannot read..

This email below was sent Sept 5th....

My policy on the seats stands as followed. The seats must be returned in the shape they were sent. I will look at the problem and address it. There was nothing wrong with the seats you received except for the strap with was easy to restitched. I have a lot of time and money in those seats. If you think you are going to rip off the covers and get a full refund you are wrong. Send me the seats if they are in resalable shape I will send you the seats I have gotten for you and a full refund. If not please do not contact me again.

(Shibumi @ Sep. 09 2007,09:15)
(Vic_E55_2001 @ Sep. 08 2007,21:52) I would be pissed and post pictures of lousy job like this on every board.

Job like this should be scrapped without seeing daylight. No excuse for the merchant IMO, Tobin , Corbin or Jesus Christ.

It was not a Tobin himself but quality control should be in place. Whoever did that cover should be fired on a spot.

after they received those picture from the customer they should overnight new seats to him with apology letter.
Vic- sometimes you can be a sanctimonious S.O.B.
rock.gif

I don't know if it's pot-stirring or just general intolerance and a critical nature, but you are always quick to jump into a thread criticizing someone (retailer, board sponsor) and jump on the bandwagon.

God forbid you should work in customer service, and ever have to answer for a mistake of a subordinate. You can hold them accountable after the fact, but they ARE human.

You do NOT know both sides of this story, but are agreeing that braying it publicly and in all ways possible is the best course of action.

You've been around long enough, how about a little benefit of the doubt here for a well-respected retailer and longtime member of this board? 999 good experiences and one POSSIBLY bad one are not reason for public pillorying and slander. Try looking at both sides of the issue.
You are absolutely right, I have zero tolerance for shiddy product . I am in customer service and I stated what I would do as merchant in case like that.
I`m System Resources Manager in 350 employee privately owned company. Our competitors is huge 6 and 15 billion dollars companies. We won 600 client over ONLY with out customer support practices. Which is... CUSTOMER ALWAYS RIGHT. Because that is who paid our salaries and our bills If we dont take care of our customers someone else would.

One mistake is one too many. And I never said a bad word about Tobin company, I don`t know if it was a real Tobin or not.
I stated my POW on general customer satisfaction problems we encounter more often.

If client is right on spot and received product from us in shape like described above we will replace it overnight and credit customer account 100%.

My subordinate allowed to make mistake one time. after 2nd time he is gone.. Intolerance for bad customer service is what makes us competitive.

I`m sorry if I offended anyone with my point of view, but that is just that my point of view.

(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 09 2007,09:54) Vic I love you like a brother put you can be very abrasive and unforgiving of others, I still luv ya
wink.gif
I love you too Gunny... what I can say, I`m not perfect.

pissed.gif

I think the complainant has presented his side of this. I agree this should not have left Tobin’s shop in this shape. I don’t care if Tobin personally did the work or an employee did it. He paid Tobin to do a job and it Tobin’s responsibility to do right…..the first time.

We all know mistakes can happen. How these are handled separate the good venders/service providers from the bad. It appears Tobin said to send them back and he would take care of it. You didn’t want to do that and keep presenting him with other options he does not seem to agree with. It also looks like he even picked up a set of replacement OEM seats to send back to you.

Bottom line it looks like it is going to be difficult for you to be happy in this deal. Another $20 shipping them back to him to get it right one way or the other is minimal. (If I was Tobin I would do a UPS pickup and pay it)

Honestly I wouldn’t be happy either because of the time and effort involved. But I would pay the $20 to get my seat fixed right or the OEM replacements and a refund that was offered. Then I could be on with life and add another to the list I will not do business with.

Some of you guys are getting a little harsh back and forth at each other just because they have a different opinion. This seems to be getting worse on the board lately. That is not what we are about around here at all!

This thread is pretty close to being locked and only opened back up for an update by Zrex1 or rebuttal from Tobin....

It is just my luck I get the only Crappy Tobin seats in the states...I sure do wish it was not one of his seats,also...

Check out the Corbin thread..Some guy over there got some of his Tobin seats and did not like them just recently(within the last month)...Comfort reasons..My Busa Tobin seats are very comfy..This R1 seat was not comfortable at all..No better than OEM..

He promised to send me a set of used OEM seats, then I send him these..He changed that deal as you can see from the email..I have been waiting over a month for that...Plus he would not reply to emails..

I will have them fixed locally..the local guy is better than this and half the price....

(probusa @ Sep. 09 2007,13:55) that cant be his work i ave seen so many of his seats on the org and not 1 has been that bad.
I had a little problem with my seat call Lisa up to let her know than return the fixed and return in 3 days.

I would have Tobin to do a seat for me anytime

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Sep. 09 2007,12:29)
(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 09 2007,09:54) Vic I love you like a brother put you can be very abrasive and unforgiving of others, I still luv ya  
wink.gif
I love you too Gunny...  what I can say, I`m not perfect.

pissed.gif
None of us are brother
beerchug.gif

So you're going to spend $135 to have the seat repaired, instead of just sending the damn thing back for less than $20.
argue.gif

WHERES TOBIN? HES ON THIS BOARD, WHY HASNT HE RESPONDED. MAJORITY OF HIS WORK IS ON BUSAS AND I PLAN TO SEND HIM MY SEATS THIS WINTER BUT IF HIS QUALITY IS DOWN CAUSE OF DEMAND AND NEW EMPLOYEES THEN I WOULD SECOND THINK IT.

CURIOUS ON OUTCOME AND HIS REPLY
AAAssjani.gif

I do not want his seat work,period..I want a refund as he promised..Send me some used seats and I send him these, then he can send me what refund is due or he deems due..I think at least half is resonable....He jacked my seats, so he has to make it right..IMO....

I have paid the price of admission 250 +$ to voice my opinion..

Just be aware he has employees doing this stuff now..Walmart seat works..

JUST MY OPINION-

HE DID SOUND KIND OF SNIPPY IN THAT REPLY "BUT" I DONT KNOW WHAT LEAD UP TO IT.... DONT GET SALTY BUT YOU DO SEEM KIND OF DIFFICULT AT THIS POINT, MAYBE BECAUSE OF FRUSTRATION AND IT SOUNDS LIKE BOTH ARE FRUSTRATED..

I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER ON THIS BOARD SINCE THE DAY I BROUGHT MY BUSA AND I CHECK IN EVERY DAY BUT I DONT REPLY TO EVERYTHING, BUT ONE THING I KNOW IS THAT I CAN TAKE SOME OF THE WORDS FROM FELLOW MEMBERS HERE TO HEART JUST AS IF THEY WERE FAMILY AND IF MAJORITY STANDS BEHIND TOBIN THEN I WOULD SUGEST YOU RETHINK YOUR STAND ON THIS.

LETS CALM DOWN AND GET YOU WHAT YOU WANTED ORIGINALLY AND THATS SOME BAD @$$ R1 SEATS AND IF YOU CANT COME TO AGREEMENT WITH TOBIN OR THE SITUATION THEN I GUESS THERE IS NO SATISFYING YOU...

BOTH YOU AND TOBIN POST ON HERE:
BOTH BROTHERS THROUGH BUSA BLOOD LINE

STOP THE
argue.gif
SEND THE SEATS BACK EVEN IF YOU DONT WANT THEM NO MORE AND GO HAVE
all_coholic.gif
AND GO ON SO WHAT IF YOUR DOWN A COUPLE OF WEEKS WORST THINGS CAN HAPPEN
bowdown.gif

guns.gif
I DO SOME CUSTOM MOTORCYCLE SEATS IN CEN TEX AND I WOULDNT HAVE CHARGED THAT MUCH FOR SOMETHING OF THAT POOR QUALITY

Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16
super.gif
:38 -0400
Just so you have it right. The seats you received were fine. the strap had a crocked stitch. I asked you to return the strap first. Then you said you wanted a refund for the seats themselves. I told you to return the seats not the covers you said you were going to rip off and I would locate seats and refund your money. Now you have gone and bad mouth me on the boards. So from here on out I will no longer return any of your email or have anything to say to you.

WWW.TOBINSEATS.COM

Thanks, Tobin

Your story changes with the wind....I have come to the conclusion long ago that you were not going to do anything for me, when you would not return my emails ,then......How would you know those seats are fine when you were not even at the shop when they were done or shipped, as Karen had stated....You never asked me to return the strap....ever..

If your own emails hurt your reputation so be it...You are the one who could have avoided this whole thing...It is and has always been you that makes the decision of what happens..Not me...So only blame yourself..All you had to do was reply to my emails and do what you promised..But no, you did not...

You win, You got my money and I got **** for seats...

seatmore1.jpg

Back