** TOBIN SEATS Advice**

I dunno...everything I've ever seen of him has been top notch.
Sooo many people are riding around with Tobin seats and not 1 complaint.
Does he have people working for him now?

if you want to be taken seriously, I would recommend you do a proper introduction, post pics of your bike and tell a complete story before bashing a trusted professional vendor...imo. btw: welcome to the org

Dont join just to bash a seat supplier....who did seats for your R1.

You are the first person I have ever seen that had this issue with Tobin.

This is their typical work.

Throttlemeister_010.jpg

Send it back as he sent it to you. You cant possibly think you could rip off the covers and send them to him for a refund.

Dude..I have his seats with Hump pad on my 2000 BUSA...I just love them..Never had a problem...

That is why I sent him my R1 seats..

This is the BIGGEST part of my disapointment and frustration...

I have been on this board but forgot my login ..Been a year since I have been around here...

The solution seems simple to me. The second e-mail asked you to send the seats back and they will check and make good. Document doing that. It is possible Mr. & Mrs. did not see the seats prior to them being shipped to you. You state you HAVE Tobin seats on your 2000 Busa so you will not be without a bike to ride while these are repaired or stock seats sent back. No doubt it is upsetting but try and handle it differently and you will likely get better results.
coffee.gif

p.s. I don't own any Tobin products but all I have seen have been top notch, so this is unusual.

I would be pissed and post pictures of lousy job like this on every board.

Job like this should be scrapped without seeing daylight. No excuse for the merchant IMO, Tobin , Corbin or Jesus Christ.

It was not a Tobin himself but quality control should be in place. Whoever did that cover should be fired on a spot.

after they received those picture from the customer they should overnight new seats to him with apology letter.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Sep. 08 2007,19:52) I would be pissed and post pictures of lousy job like this on every board.

Job like this should be scrapped without seeing daylight. No excuse for the merchant IMO, Tobin , Corbin or Jesus Christ.

It was not a Tobin himself but quality control should be in place. Whoever did that cover should be fired on a spot.  

after they received those picture from the customer they should overnight new seats to him with apology letter.
My god someone with a sense of customer service and pride..Thanks for not telling me to be nice and play along..I am sick of crappy work and service at quality prices..

Thank You Sir....

(Zrex1 @ Sep. 08 2007,20:21)
(Vic_E55_2001 @ Sep. 08 2007,19:52) I would be pissed and post pictures of lousy job like this on every board.

My god someone with a sense of customer service and pride..Thanks for not telling me to be nice and play along..I am sick of crappy work and service at quality prices..

Thank You Sir....
Wouldnt it be simpler to just send the product back and get it fixed or get a refund rather than to just get mad and ***** about it on message boards? Sometimes companies make mistakes, I get pissed when they refuse to acknowledge or fix them, but maybe I am slow. I dont know why you are so upset.

Sir, Are you going to post some full pics or what! If not send the seats back to that fake a_ _ Tobin! Because it can't be the real TOBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lurk.gif
lurk.gif

lurk.gif

Here is you more pictures...

The bottom line is the job is crap..He said he would give a set of OEM seats..Send them to me as soon as he got them.(I have the email stating this).

Now he wants me to send him the seat I have, stating that there is nothing wrong with them..See where this is going? I aint spending one more cent on this deal..I am out 270$ as it stands and I am not spending 20 plus $ more to send these seats to Lord Tobin
bowdown.gif
when he is responsable for the problem...Lord Torbin is responsable for this issue..He should remedy it. Like the man above has stated..

The crux of the matter is the seat covers are his and the seat pans are mine..He holds all the cards, because he has my money and my seat covers..I was willing to settle for keeping the rear seat, sending him the front cover and I pay all shipping..He pay me 150 bucks..Then I would only be out 150$ and not almost 270$ I am now..

_file.jpg

I am sending both my seats to Torbin this winter. I dont know enough to comment on his work other than the examples I have seen. Good luck working out the problem.

Here is a pic of my busa on the Skyway..Bad pixels and all..

Good luck with your seat refurbish..This guy should not be doing R1 seats..

DSCF0563__567_x_420_.jpg

SEND THEM BACK!!

If an employee of his did this and sent them out that way, the only thing Tobin can do now is make it right and deal with the employee after the fact.

The measure of a good business is not that mistakes happen, but how they are handled when they do. Humans work there.

You wanna post exactly how YOU handled communicating this to him? From the tone of this post and his response I would venture to say you may have handled it in less than a tactful or businesslike manner. There are usually two sides to these things.
rock.gif

Short version: if you handled it like an azzhole you got less than a good response. I HAVE dealt with them before and they were prompt and courteous by email and telephone.

So get on the friggin phone and sort this shid out and quit braying it to the skies and get it fixed.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Sep. 08 2007,21:52) I would be pissed and post pictures of lousy job like this on every board.

Vic- sometimes you can be a sanctimonious S.O.B.
rock.gif

I don't know if it's pot-stirring or just general intolerance and a critical nature, but you are always quick to jump into a thread criticizing someone (retailer, board sponsor) and jump on the bandwagon.

God forbid you should work in customer service, and ever have to answer for a mistake of a subordinate. You can hold them accountable after the fact, but they ARE human.

You do NOT know both sides of this story, but are agreeing that braying it publicly and in all ways possible is the best course of action.

You've been around long enough, how about a little benefit of the doubt here for a well-respected retailer and longtime member of this board? 999 good experiences and one POSSIBLY bad one are not reason for public pillorying and slander. Try looking at both sides of the issue.

(Zrex1 @ Sep. 08 2007,18:36) Here is an email from Karen last month...I have some other pics on my desktop PC I can post later for ya...This guy has been jackin me around for over a month on this deal...

He has my money, so he wins..

Subject:

Re: Seats arrived
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 07:15:07 -0400
   Hi Lloyd:
Thanx for sending the pix...we see what you mean.  I was surprised to see that it looked like that.  We will definitely take care of you.  Just let me know when you're ready to send it in to be fixed.
My apologies again for the subpar workmanship...he must have had a rough nite before he did your seat!

Lisa
WWW.TOBINSEATS.COM

Thanks, Tobin
Well you're not happy with the seats that you got done by Tobin...SEND them back and let him make it right.

Their "Quality Control" sucked on this deal and YOU are really azzing up the whole thing even more
rock.gif

This 2nd email you posted is more than a MONTH old and you still haven't sent them back
rock.gif

rock.gif

Back