Syria?

LOL...why would I care about credibility with you? I was merely pointing out that, if you are going to question someone's intellect, it's best not to overtly display your illiteracy while doing so.

Um your comma is in the wrong place. I guess I should discount everything your saying.

Geez, guys... Why so Syria?

Ha! Funny? No? Okay...

Can we please get this one back on the rails? :beerchug:

Geez, guys... Why so Syria?

Ha! Funny? No? Okay...

Can we please get this one back on the rails? :beerchug:

No I think this threads toast. I just don't like some tool calling me out and having nothing intelligent to contribute. On the plus side he has me paying more attention to my grammar. Maybe that's his contribution.

Is this what Syria war really about?

"Syria is site of the proposed construction of a massive underground gas pipeline that, if completed, could drastically undercut the strategic energy power of U.S. ally Qatar and also would cut Turkey out of the pipeline flow.

Dubbed the “Islamic pipeline,â€￾ the project may ultimately favor Russia and Iran against Western energy interests.

Set to open in 2016, Iran, Iraq and Syria signed a deal in 2010 to construct the 3,480-mile natural gas pipeline connecting Iran’s South Pars field to European customers.

"Iranian Deputy Oil Minister Javad Oji announced the pipeline would ultimately have the capacity to pump 3.9 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day. He told Iran’s official Mehr News Agency the route would “pass through Iran, Iraq, Syria, the southern Lebanon territories and also through the Mediterranean basin,â€￾ with a refinery and infrastructure to be built in Damascus"

Saudis Offer Russia 'Protection' In Sochi - Business Insider

"Saudi Arabia's distaste for Syria and Iran is as epic as it is old, so its geopolitical alignments with the U.S. comes as no big surprise. The Saudis and Qataris have been running guns in line with American interests in the Arab uprisings for quite some time now.

On the flip side, Russia's (alleged) reaction is quite disconcerting, if you're in the anti-Assad camp.

Russia — notoriously rife with corruption and fat cat oligarchs — would rather keep supporting Assad than allegedly fix global oil prices or make lucrative weapons deals (another Saudi initiative)."

"Syria is site of the proposed construction of a massive underground gas pipeline that, if completed, could drastically undercut the strategic energy power of U.S. ally Qatar and also would cut Turkey out of the pipeline flow.

Dubbed the “Islamic pipeline,” the project may ultimately favor Russia and Iran against Western energy interests.

Set to open in 2016, Iran, Iraq and Syria signed a deal in 2010 to construct the 3,480-mile natural gas pipeline connecting Iran’s South Pars field to European customers.

"Iranian Deputy Oil Minister Javad Oji announced the pipeline would ultimately have the capacity to pump 3.9 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day. He told Iran’s official Mehr News Agency the route would “pass through Iran, Iraq, Syria, the southern Lebanon territories and also through the Mediterranean basin,” with a refinery and infrastructure to be built in Damascus"
anyone who thinks the US or Russia does not have ulterior motives does know much about world politics. we can claim to be the moral police of the world but in the end it comes down dollars and cents.

and Lebanon being a border of syria could fall into a civil war again if things become too unstable in syria. that wud spark another political and diplomatic problem that the US would inevitably have to address and therefore spend billions doing.

the humanitarian angle is just smoke and mirrors imo. its horrible wat they hav done with poison gas but thats not what are motives are.

Wow. I had no idea that Org members has better intel and greater insight into global politics and US policy. Has anyone alerted the US Government to this untapped resource? :laugh:

Big money makes the world go round and war is big business. Everything else is just a smoke screen. Take the profit out of war for the big money folks and we'll stop playing soldier.

Dubbed the “Islamic pipeline,â€￾ the project may ultimately favor Russia and Iran against Western energy interests.

"Iranian Deputy Oil Minister Javad Oji announced the pipeline would ultimately have the capacity to pump 3.9 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day. He told Iran’s official Mehr News Agency the route would “pass through Iran, Iraq, Syria, the southern Lebanon territories and also through the Mediterranean basin,â€￾ with a refinery and infrastructure to be built in Damascus"

My father was actually closely involved in this venture upfront when it was going to be a US supported effort. Yes that's right remember when Syria and us were doing fairly well just a few years ago? All the pics of our leaders with Bashar? It was because the initial desire was for this to be a US led effort to run that pipeline but it got nixed. Then Russia stepped in and wanted to take it over. Every effort to get it done has been thwarted.

…..the minster of defence Ali Habib has done a runner to Turkey(ironic) and if past events in the arab world are anything to go by than its the start of the end when the "close ones"start jumping ship.If history is any indication than all the US wants is a strong hold on the power/money/control these pipelines will bring.No one in down town LA gives a flying fcuk if Ahmed,Muhammad or little fcukin Yousif where killed in the process as long as that gallon is still cheap….how sad.

For all the misguided patriots…this has nothing to do with protecting the US,if/when troops are sent in our young will die for the $$ and collective greed.

For all the misguided patriots…this has nothing to do with protecting the US,if/when troops are sent in our young will die for the $$ and collective greed.

I'm not exactly sure who you're speaking to with "misguided patriots", but I can tell you that the American public does not support an attack on Syria. A few high-ranking government officials are pushing for it, and a small percentage of the population may be blindly following them, but the vast majority of us are completely against it.

Is that being made clear by the media in other countries such as Australia? We are not with Obama on this.

I'm not exactly sure who you're speaking to with "misguided patriots", but I can tell you that the American public does not support an attack on Syria. A few high-ranking government officials are pushing for it, and a small percentage of the population may be blindly following them, but the vast majority of us are completely against it.

Is that being made clear by the media in other countries such as Australia? We are not with Obama on this.

:werd:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Back