Syria?

lmao Saiid. its internet shrthand so try to keep up bud. again, we have a great interest in the safety and security of Israel. we only have 6 ally's in the middle east Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Afghanistan, Israel, Kuwait, and Morocco. it behooves us protect Israel even if ppl like you dont care for the jews.

Please show me where I said I don't care for Jews?
You can't because I never have. It may be difficult for folks to hear me speak as a free American knowing I'm half Syrian when I mention Israel. It is not anti Semitic to voice dislike for certain actions or behaviors of a country. I deal with Jews daily, all day in fact. Palm Beach county has more Jews in it than Israel almost, yeah there are that many and I've lived here for over thirty years. Kinda doesn't make sense if I'm as you think does it? I don't have a problem with Jews, I sometimes have problems with Israel's behavior or tactics. There is nothing wrong with that at all. What I do have a problem with is that when one voices dislike with Israel they are labeled as 'people like you' or 'anti Semitic' which isn't right. As an American I have every right to sometimes complain about the actions of one of our allys that recieves four billion a year in aid.

No offense taken? Didn't even notice any?

I do have family there. But no matter how long the bread lines get all to a one are still proudly saying they don't want any help from anyone.

I had sensed you might be a little testy...by given that you have family there it's understandable.

Maybe the MSM needs to get one of THEM to make a statement that they splash on the news "Syrian populace says "stay out of it"" except that doesn't meet their criteria...

Please show me where I said I don't care for Jews?
You can't because I never have. It may be difficult for folks to hear me speak as a free American knowing I'm half Syrian when I mention Israel. It is not anti Semitic to voice dislike for certain actions or behaviors of a country. I deal with Jews daily, all day in fact. Palm Beach county has more Jews in it than Israel almost, yeah there are that many and I've lived here for over thirty years. Kinda doesn't make sense if I'm as you think does it? I don't have a problem with Jews, I sometimes have problems with Israel's behavior or tactics. There is nothing wrong with that at all. What I do have a problem with is that when one voices dislike with Israel they are labeled as 'people like you' or 'anti Semitic' which isn't right. As an American I have every right to sometimes complain about the actions of one of our allys that recieves four billion a year in aid.
fair enough.

something is fishy about this whole deal... i don't think has anything to do with innocent people got killed, i think it is just a tool or excuse they are using..

The easy answer here is to STAY THE F OUT of Syria!

We bomb what? Whom? When? Where?
We bomb from above and who does Assad seek revenge on?
We will not be there to defend the ones having said revenge thrust upon them.
We bomb chem weapons and do what, spread it all over the places? So then what these areas breed physical defects for decades in babies? We attack what?

This is a fantasy if anyone thinks a total all out invasion by USA will do anything but anger a hornets nest.

One more time we are being drawn into a conflict to secure Israel.
How much more money and American blood are we willing to give for them?

Let Syria be and let them take care of itself and let the same be done for Israel.
I'm so tired of havin to fear things that do not threaten USA at all.

Fact is if USA had stayed out of Syria the conflict would already be over.
Only thru our covert efforts and support has the revolution continued.
Assad is almost done with crushing the revolt and here we come.

Does anyone here know that the Assad family has fought against Al Qaeda and its extremes for decades?
Anyone here realize Syrian govt has protected Christians and other religions from extremist?
Anyone realize in Syria right now under Assad there is freedom of religion, women can vote and attain govt positions.
Anyone realize that Syria is one of the most free Arab societies in the world?

Have any of you who advocates killing Assad or attacking his regime even read a history book on Syria, ever been there or ANYTHING?!?!

The resounding answer I bet is no?

This is a personal and conflicting issue I have now. Syria needs to be free but that freedom needs to come at the hands of Syrians and not anyone else. PERIOD.

If we ever have conflict here how will any of you feel to hear or read outside nations are considering attacking Washington? How will you feel when foreign press paints this nation and our leaders as thugs and advocates the assassination of them?

You want to unite the opposing forces in Syria faster than anything start dropping bombs.
Our own plans are to possibly attack both sides if need be? This is absolute lunacy we are considering.

The day my country bombs my country I will cry....

I agree, we should stay out.

Both Assad and the first lady are well educated in the first world, Assad is unfortunately a weak leader caught up in circumstance which have escalated beyond control. Going against his regime, or even resigning will be suicide. I think they are just trying to survive this.

I don't know how accurate the information we get is and can't really figure out who or what to believe. It appears as if sectarianism plays a big part, this being amplified after the Iraqi invasion.

If you had to pick sides, would it be the Regime, or the rebels?

I agree, we should stay out.

Both Assad and the first lady are well educated in the first world, Assad is unfortunately a weak leader caught up in circumstance which have escalated beyond control. Going against his regime, or even resigning will be suicide. I think they are just trying to survive this.

I don't know how accurate the information we get is and can't really figure out who or what to believe. It appears as if sectarianism plays a big part, this being amplified after the Iraqi invasion.

If you had to pick sides, would it be the Regime, or the rebels?

The regime for he is not as bad as they would have you believe. Up until a few years ago Syria was a very peaceful safe place to go. The ancient ruins there are huge tourist attraction for Europeans. There was order. Now it's chaos. The rebels want chaos and then strict Islam which won't work in an already modern society. Some parts of the world 'dictators' are needed. It was not the puddle of blood CNN would have you believe. And in many ways the average Syrian knows no different than here for they can obtain anything they want same as us.

neither. when the regime is no better then the rebels the country is doomed and both can be labeled criminals.

You have zero proof that's the case. As it is here it is easy to go places and fall into groups of whackos. Syria is no different. You can go and enjoy a great vacation and eat some of the best foods in the world or you can go join a radical group and follow them. Now all bets are off and I don't think anyone anywhere feels safe. Be the leader of a country like that and have to deal with daily radical groups from all over and see how rigid you become. We criticize in an American mentality of their behaviors without realizing the situation they are in. All the time people here talk about 'we oughtta just nuke em' and should just 'turn it into a plate of glass' in reference to our enemies but then we blame him for dealing with an uprising or terrorist groups in a harsh way? 'But they are his own people' and yes that would be true but again one must realize these are different sects and different tribes that are supporting the groups.
In a very much smaller but similar event our own govt gassed and burned almost 100 people in Waco. Right or wrong can still be argued but how do you think outsiders look at that? Probably in same fashion as we now look at them.

Many experts are doubting this was a real military grade chemical attack.
None of the caregivers and doctors on scene are wearing protective clothing. If it was real mil grade stuff anyone in close proximity with no protection would suffer same symptoms, they are not.
The common thought is that the rebels were preparing some sort of Chlorine (very frequent there now) weapon and it went off prematurely. Now the US is using this as a perfect catalyst to make reason for attack.

Did anyone else listen to the congressional hearing this afternoon? It was ridiculous. In case anyone wasn't completely sure we were going to hit Syria, you can be sure now. And Kerry even went ahead and left the door open for ground troops to possibly go in at some point. Freaking incredible!

What do I think is going to happen :whistle: . Well, Obama is going to hit a lot of empty building, some airports and some Military Bases (empty of course) and then declare a VICTORY for the Western World :thumbsup: .

When in reality, NOTHING gained, NOTHING really done. And he knows it since, I'am sure Russia has told him, any real damage will be covered and repaired by them.
"OH" yea, he better not :nono: :rulez8bn: hit any anti-air units because they are manned by Russian Troops.

I still don't understand just what he thinks he is going to accomplish ? Maybe I just answered my question, HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING :banghead:

None of the caregivers and doctors on scene are wearing protective clothing. If it was real mil grade stuff anyone in close proximity with no protection would suffer same symptoms, they are not.

It was stated by a senator today that the people filming and helping the victims in the last video all died from chem exposure. I dont know the truth to that and it could be propaganda but it could be true as well. You say Syria was a peaceful country and I dont disagree that it might have been peaceful for Syrians in Syria but Ill bet the Israeli's would differ in opinion. I agree that in some parts of the world a dictator that you can count on is better than a democracy that you cant, the problem is when you make an enemy of a powerful state the clock is ticking until your targeted. Assad picked his allies and they are not allies of NATO or many other UN nations and he is paying the price, so are your people unfortunately. Ignorant people talk about nuking the region and thats all they are, Ignorant and lacking in any foresight or strategic thinking. Ive felt their sentiment before though, 9-11-2001 the first time and when our guys were hung off the bridge in Falujah.

The problem with your argument while it is in line with our constitution it is a terrible mistake strategically. This 9+ days until it can be debated in congress gives Assad time to disperse anything we were targeting. Cruise missiles while accurate are not good for changing targets on the fly. By the time Congress debates this and gives the ok or Obama decides to disagree with congress and go it alone we will have lost any and every reason to strike in the first place. It will be less than worthless as it will not do anything to degrade Syria's military and will incite retribution by Syria, Iran, and maybe others possibly against Israel who will retaliate and then were are we? Starting a regional war between Israel, Iran and Syria for a non effective strike on Syria. Like I said we have lost the surprise element and any military action now unless its total war is worse than doing nothing at this point. Obama blew it period. The guy is a total amateur.

Actually, not so much. While all this is going on, the SAS are on the ground in Syria searching for storage areas for WMDs (source: The Times (of London)). I am not going into specifics, but I know a little about terrorism and it's all about intelligence. The intent is to kill as many as we can, as quickly as we can...and that requires knowing where they will be and when they will be there. I know you are a Republican voodoo, but you'd be wise not to underestimate our President. Better men than you have been defeated doing so. Britain's public reluctance to join this fight with the U.S has allowed Obama to both dilute the responsibility of retaliation with congress and given him time to gather intelligence against the people responsible for this atrocity. And when they are killed, he will give a sheepish smile just as he did when Bin Laden was killed.

The regime for he is not as bad as they would have you believe. Up until a few years ago Syria was a very peaceful safe place to go. The ancient ruins there are huge tourist attraction for Europeans. There was order. Now it's chaos. The rebels want chaos and then strict Islam which won't work in an already modern society. Some parts of the world 'dictators' are needed. It was not the puddle of blood CNN would have you believe. And in many ways the average Syrian knows no different than here for they can obtain anything they want same as us.
You are flaunting your ignorance. Syria has been the training ground and source of funding for just about every terrorist organisation in the last 50 years. Including the IRA. Quite how this can be manipulated to our advantage has yet to be determined, but don't for one second think that allowing women to go out showing their faces in public makes them sympathetic to our way of life. If there is an axis of evil, Syria is it!

How do you know that? From watching CNN and Fox?
lol... the regime gases women and children which is why the US is planning strikes against the their military for violating international laws against doing exactly that and the rebels are al qaeda cowards that kill anyone that doesnt believe in their religious beliefs. if you think you need to watch CNN or FOX to figure that out ur a little clueless on whats goin on in the world.

lol... the regime gases women and children which is why the US is planning strikes against the their military for violating international laws against doing exactly that and the rebels are al qaeda cowards that kill anyone that doesnt believe in their religious beliefs. if you think you need to watch CNN or FOX to figure that out ur a little clueless on whats goin on in the world.
Please forgive him BRETT. Had he read as many of your previous posts as I have he'd have known better than suggest you even look at CNN. It is quite obvious ALL your "information" comes spoon fed by Rupert Murdoch. Stay thirsty my friend, and remember...Bill O'Reilly is just looking out for YOU!!!

You have zero proof that's the case. As it is here it is easy to go places and fall into groups of whackos. Syria is no different. You can go and enjoy a great vacation and eat some of the best foods in the world or you can go join a radical group and follow them. Now all bets are off and I don't think anyone anywhere feels safe. Be the leader of a country like that and have to deal with daily radical groups from all over and see how rigid you become. We criticize in an American mentality of their behaviors without realizing the situation they are in. All the time people here talk about 'we oughtta just nuke em' and should just 'turn it into a plate of glass' in reference to our enemies but then we blame him for dealing with an uprising or terrorist groups in a harsh way? 'But they are his own people' and yes that would be true but again one must realize these are different sects and different tribes that are supporting the groups.
In a very much smaller but similar event our own govt gassed and burned almost 100 people in Waco. Right or wrong can still be argued but how do you think outsiders look at that? Probably in same fashion as we now look at them.

The common thought is that the rebels were preparing some sort of Chlorine (very frequent there now) weapon and it went off prematurely. Now the US is using this as a perfect catalyst to make reason for attack.
cmon saiid, u really believe that? I get ur a little biased cause its ur familes homeland but both sides are just cowards. I dont think the US has any business there at all but the US as usual is like a world police dept and feel the need to step in whenever atrocities like this take place. and gasing women and children is an atrocity.

Please forgive him BRETT. Had he read as many of your previous posts as I have he's have known better than suggest you even look at CNN. It is quite obvious ALL your "information" comes spoon fed by Rupert Murdoch. Stay thirsty my friend, and remember...Bill O'Reilly is just looking out for YOU!!!
who's bill oreilley?

who's bill oreilley?
I can't believe this. He's looking out for the likes of you and Blanca and you don't even know who he is? Why, he's just a common man, graduating from Boston University and Harvard before joining the ranks of the working man in journalism. Well, if you can call preening yourself in front of a camera journalism. Anyway, he's a SERIOUSLY tough guy who has never served in the armed forces, but knows the struggles better than anyone. And, hey, he's looking out for YOU!!!

I can't believe this. He's looking out for the likes of you and Blanca and you don't even know who he is? Why, he's just a common man, graduating from Boston University and Harvard before joining the ranks of the working man in journalism. Well, if you can call preening yourself in front of a camera journalism. Anyway, he's a SERIOUSLY tough guy who has never served in the armed forces, but knows the struggles better than anyone. And, hey, he's looking out for YOU!!!
lol... he must be on FOX or somthn cause I deleted FOX from my channel list.

Actually, not so much. While all this is going on, the SAS are on the ground in Syria searching for storage areas for WMDs (source: The Times (of London)). I am not going into specifics, but I know a little about terrorism and it's all about intelligence. The intent is to kill as many as we can, as quickly as we can...and that requires knowing where they will be and when they will be there. I know you are a Republican voodoo, but you'd be wise not to underestimate our President. Better men than you have been defeated doing so. Britain's public reluctance to join this fight with the U.S has allowed Obama to both dilute the responsibility of retaliation with congress and given him time to gather intelligence against the people responsible for this atrocity. And when they are killed, he will give a sheepish smile just as he did when Bin Laden was killed.

the SAS are on the ground in Syria searching for storage areas for WMd's

I would be extremely surprised since the Britts just voted down action in Syria.

I know you are a Republican voodoo

You obviously dont know me, Ive been a registered Independent for 14 years, I used to think myself a democrat before I started paying attention but never registered as such.

but you'd be wise not to underestimate our President. Better men than you have been defeated doing so

I dont know if that was a personal insult or not, Im going to take it as not but Believe me I understand that alot of better men than me in this country have been targeted by this president. Obama is really good at attacking American citizens and our constitution and really bad at foreign policy. Nuff said.

Back