Syria?

lol... he must be on FOX or somthn cause I deleted FOX from my channel list.

If you deleted Fox your about as much of a fool as Ive always thought you were. I have held back from personal attacks in the past while watching your inane rants and unfounded "facts" but really Brett your way over your head here. You have just proven with your last statement why you cannot be taken seriously, you fail to take all ideas into account before you formulate your opinion. In the immortal words of someone you have not heard of, Your a pinhead.

Syria is one of those where you're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't. I hesitate to post this here.
EXTREME GRAPHIC CONTENT.
EXTREME GRAPHIC CONTENT.
EXTREME GRAPHIC CONTENT.
DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Relatively speaking it was 'peaceful'. I guess I should have clarified that. Yes it has been a breeding ground for many groups but not all or most have had the funding/support from the state. Simply due to lack of ability to police its entire area the govt has allowed these groups to be there. There have also been many actions by the govt against terror groups. I think we could go on and on and back and forth here as to the level of life in Syria before the SHTF but I don't think there are many here that support us bombing them? Does anyone here really think anything else other than a full invasion by us is going to do anything but anger Assad who will seek revenge on the people on the ground? Kinda of a best of the worst situation here. The people we support, the rebels in Syria are the very same ones we supported in Egypt. And they have recently been tossed out. I cannot understand how they are totally silent on this aspect? To win and see the end of Assad will be a very dark day for Syria as a fairly open society will fall to strict policies. It won't be the freedom we think. He's no angel but for sure his successors are devils.

Militarily Syria will be the most modern one we have faced. Russia has equipped them with the most modern anti-ship missiles made. This is not left over
soviet era stuff they had already replaced. These are modern production computer controlled very sophisticated systems we may be facing. When they try to say no boots
on the ground and imply our troops could not be in danger they are not mentioning that one successful missile strike on a ship could mean the death of many.

We just need to stay out. As gruesome as it may get we need to stay out. A Kosovo style plan just won't work.

While I totally agree we should stay out, it doesn't look like we are going to. But I do want to address Blanca's comments on what we are up against. Everybody was all up in arms about what we were facing with Iraq and Saddam Hussein. 3rd largest Army in the world, both American and Russian, most notably modern were the Russian equipment. Several hundred thousand well trained troops and then the so called Elite Guard. We squashed them like grapes in less than 100 days.

Unfortunately what will be required, as was pointed out, will be boots on the ground to make a difference. And that will be the quagmire for us. We have been in Iraq and Afghanistan for 10+ years now. Have complete control over the airspace and waterways. Threw all of our state of the art air and ground forces and weaponry at them, and they are still strong and giving us plenty of fight after 10 years. And they are doing it with a lot less than state of the art weapons.

We can bomb the crap out of targets, level them all. Ground the Air Forces etc. We got that part down to a simple process. The devil is that we are on their soil. They hate us more than they hate each other. The minute we attack them, it will be them and all of their brothers in neighboring countries, the same ones they were fighting last week, rallying against us. They will die fighting us with camels and swords before they let us assert any of our will upon them.

And we will be there for 10 years. On our own, fighting it out. Sound familiar?

I have heard some encouraging words from Saudi Arabia discussing stepping up and dealing with Syria. PLEASE DO. We will sell you all the weapons you desire but its YOUR land and YOUR history and YOUR culture doing the fighting.

I, as an American, and as veteran, am tired of throwing money into a place that considers us their white slaves. They are happy to let us do the dirty work, and they will knife us in the back as we are leaving them.

Its doom or gloom for Mr Obama no matter what he does as this will blow up in everyones face,thats what happens when meddling in others people shaite and Ive seen/heard enough to be convinced that they should let Syria handle its problems out on its own.When the statue of sadam was being pulled down I was 10 km away and my team leader(ex SF marine)and a few head honchos from the private security industry said that all these celebrations by the locals/ forces are just the clam before the shaitestorm…….how right where they and how fcuked where we especially after "we" questioned a "local" who was assumed to be Iraqi just to find out that he was from Libya,an ex soldier who fought for Ghadafi in the Chad conflict and came here to help get rid of the incoming invaders……us.On that day and every day after that I was convinced that not wearing a national uniform and working for the private industry was the right move cause if im going to carry a gun for a living and/or get shot I might as well get paid for it,national pride,defence and patriotism had nothing to do with it.Syria has had a very strong hold on a lot of middle east issues…the Syrian Coalition is an example…the one that stopped that ranger from dropping osama with one shot in the middle of a sand pit while in a meeting with other fcukin mountain goats…ohh thats right,dear old georgefcukinbush said no to that executive order cause the obamas in Saudi would have had their hymen exposed………leave Syria alone.
My venting laced with ptsd over.

The developments so far is not for sure a strike, I hope we stay out.

If we get involved, this will be a ticking time bomb causing a whole lot of problems throughout the Middle-East.

This is why:

This is a war based on Sectarianism, something most Americans do not understand.

Assad and the regime are Alawites, a minority supported by Shia of which Alawites are a relation.

The Rebels started a protest and then revolution based mainly from Sectarianism. The rebels have elements of Jihadi and Al-Qaida amongst them, they are very radical, but for now support the majority with a Sunni bias. The Boston Bombers come from the same rebel elements.

I know what is happening is terrible, but if we get involved, we will probably be siding with the folks who orchestrated 9/11 and in the process make a whole bunch of enemies in the Middle East as well as lose friends around the world. I cannot see how this helps the interests of the USA.

I spent 5 years working in the Middle East, but if my understanding of the above is not correct, then chime in.

I just saw a video with 10 commanders allied with the FSA (free Syrian army) with the black flag of Jihad on the wall behind them talking about using weapons not used before a few days before the last chem strike. These are not our friends and I dont see any reason to arm or help them that is inline with our interests.

I just saw a video with 10 commanders allied with the FSA (free Syrian army) with the black flag of Jihad on the wall behind them talking about using weapons not used before a few days before the last chem strike. These are not our friends and I dont see any reason to arm or help them that is inline with our interests.
….and there is the problem….in line with our interests. drop these excuses we keep on using to invade others and i believe that our world troubles would diminish a slight touch.

If you deleted Fox your about as much of a fool as Ive always thought you were. I have held back from personal attacks in the past while watching your inane rants and unfounded "facts" but really Brett your way over your head here. You have just proven with your last statement why you cannot be taken seriously, you fail to take all ideas into account before you formulate your opinion. In the immortal words of someone you have not heard of, Your a pinhead.

Em... that's "you're" a pinhead. SOOOOO important to appear literate when you're running down another man's intellect don't you think? Otherwise, well, you come across as just another mouth-breathing, window-licking, snot-gobbling Fox News watcher.

lmao... yea FOX is just facts with no liberal views like urs....:whistle:

Em... that's "you're" a pinhead. SOOOOO important to appear literate when you're running down another man's intellect don't you think? Otherwise, well, you come across as just another mouth-breathing, window-licking, snot-gobbling Fox News watcher.
lol. cant fix stupid. its a gene pool thing so ignore him like everyone else does.

Actually some of the most intelligent people that has been on this earth has had some disability of some sort. Being illiterate was one of them. As for GNBRETT, he's pretty much a delusional moron. Just joining in Jan, you probably don't have a good background of a lot of member(myself included).

The key to watching/reading news is to be able to sort through the bullcrap they try to sell you. The Zimmerman case was a good display of that. If it can get ratings, they'll work and rework the news to death to keep the ratings.

Im usually good about my punctuation other than dont's and Im and the all important your. I dont type very fast and adding the extra hyphen or comma here and there slows me down so I dont bother. My capitols are usually pretty spot on though. While I dont consider myself a model of grammar my statements are always backed up by facts. That is something that Brett lacks unfortunately. "mouth-breathing, window-licking, snot-gobbling Fox News watcher"? As a junior member of this forum like me how can you possibly think that that kind of personal attack with no justification is going to lend you any credibility? I have credibility here even though Im fairly new, my opinions are deduced by thinking and not rhetoric. You so far have revealed yourself as a Troll, or a tool, or just the average Douche. If your going to lay one down on me do it with wit and facts. Know who you are addressing.

lol. cant fix stupid. its a gene pool thing so ignore him like everyone else does.

I don't mind if Im ignored, I can say my peace and sleep soundly knowing my points are well thought out and backed up by fact. My like count on my posts can back me up on that. You on the other hand tend to spout propaganda and shoot from the mouth more often than not, every one except Dallas Busa knows that so for you to say I'm ignored here is pretty delusional. This forum is first and foremost a site for the Hayabusa motorcycle, not a political battleground. The fact that we can debate things politically is nice but can be revoked at a moments notice. I try to keep it factual and not personal but like dealing with my almost teen age son sometimes you get fed up and have to be blunt. You do not think before you post therefore you make your messages irrelevant and make yourself a fool. Have something intelligent to say? I would love to hear it. For once.

So great to see the great Busa minds discussing important world events like adults and keeping it civil.............oh wait, you guys aren't...

Come on gang...you're better than this...stop the name-calling please :rulez:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

What is the majority opinion in OZ?

"Australians" do not have a political spine and if you asked 100 people on the street what they think about Syria their response would be...ehhh?Syria?whats that? whats with the accent? are you a fcukin refugee cause cereal doesn't sound like that…………ithe most probable answer you will get.You have to give them full points for whining and biatching about what they don't have instead of how we can improve or change and trust me,living in one of the most expensive places in the world there is lots to change here.

"Australians" do not have a political spine and if you asked 100 people on the street what they think about Syria their response would be...ehhh?Syria?whats that? whats with the accent? are you a fcukin refugee cause cereal doesn't sound like that…………ithe most probable answer you will get.You have to give them full points for whining and biatching about what they don't have instead of how we can improve or change and trust me,living in one of the most expensive places in the world there is lots to change here.

I would have thought that with a higher GDP per capita than ours, a wealth of commodity exports and lots of land, the only thing that sucks is New Zealand Al Blacks beating you at rugby? :laugh:

It's been a while, visited your end in 1994.

Im usually good about my punctuation other than dont's and Im and the all important your. I dont type very fast and adding the extra hyphen or comma here and there slows me down so I dont bother. My capitols are usually pretty spot on though. While I dont consider myself a model of grammar my statements are always backed up by facts. That is something that Brett lacks unfortunately. "mouth-breathing, window-licking, snot-gobbling Fox News watcher"? As a junior member of this forum like me how can you possibly think that that kind of personal attack with no justification is going to lend you any credibility? I have credibility here even though Im fairly new, my opinions are deduced by thinking and not rhetoric. You so far have revealed yourself as a Troll, or a tool, or just the average Douche. If your going to lay one down on me do it with wit and facts. Know who you are addressing.
LOL...why would I care about credibility with you? I was merely pointing out that, if you are going to question someone's intellect, it's best not to overtly display your illiteracy while doing so. Having never met you, I don't actually KNOW if you're a mouth-breathing, window-licking, snot-gobbling Fox News watcher, but I'd bet good money on it (and I'd win).

Back