The state of global affairs

Projekt

Registered
I find it interesting that a few months ago during the budget impasse, I made a statement that the world was primed for Mass unrest and World War. Now, all that is happening in various places, Syria (for quite some time now), the Middle East thanks to our actions, Ukraine, probably thanks to our involvement and Mexico with this flare up of a decade old simmering (dare I say) civil war.

Since that statement, our media has been announcing good news on our economic outlook, job growth and good tidings. Shoot, even I got a decent job in December.

Is this the way we as Americans are manipulated out of taking up arms and marching in demonstration against our government?

Is this all it takes to calm the rhetoric about our government's offenses against us?

Are our, appointed leaders and "those" :banghead: that enable them simply saying: "Give'm some money and let that distract them?"

Your thoughts?

No thoughts on the matter as I think we have enough issues to sort out at home first.

I think we've been in a Global World War for years now. Anyone who touts "World Peace" just needs to look a little closer at the state of humanity and will realize that's never gonna happen. Hell, I can't get 15 family members together without there being some kind of conflict! Usually involves a lot of adult beverages and someone trying to one-up a Busa story, Jus say'n!
If ya can't get your own house in order, how the hell do expect to get the whole world in order?

I think we've been in a Global World War for years now. Anyone who touts "World Peace" just needs to look a little closer at the state of humanity and will realize that's never gonna happen. Hell, I can't get 15 family members together without there being some kind of conflict! Usually involves a lot of adult beverages and someone trying to one-up a Busa story, Jus say'n!
If ya can't get your own house in order, how the hell do expect to get the whole world in order?

Bubba I can't get 100 people on this forum to agree that black is the fastest color :)

here's my thoughts on it, not that they matter in the slightest, we need to handle our business at home first. If one of our allies is in trouble, being invaded, whatever, we'll help, but they pay back every penny. It's your fight, if I get a black eye, you're buying me a beer, because that's what friends do. spending billions on foreign aid to countries that despise us is ridiculous. Also, the current conflict in Afghanistan is foolish. They poked us in the eye, but you're not going to eradicate EVERY terrorist on earth. it's not a plausible goal. Car accidents kill more people every year than terrorists do, but i don't see a war on stupid drivers. If saving lives is the goal, start at the top of the list
causesofdeath.jpg

there is going to be war no doubt. I think civil war soon as well. you can only push people so far before they push back.

Too many Americans live with blinders on, and they only care about themselves and what's right in front of them. The "I'm good!' mentality rules, so forget about the rest, right? We are a nation of people so easily distracted, so not focused, so divided at every level and on every subject, I don't ever see us coming to terms with what's even going on in our own backyards, in our own schools, our own homes, and most don't ever bother to even consider what they're doing to contribute to the problems right here and now...

Oh look, a butterfly... :laugh:

Besides, Justin Bieber is making headlines again today...you mean there's a "rest of the world" out there for Americans to consider? Pfft...

:banghead:

Oops Double post..

The facts are clear. Now the Bieb is putting in work for the media to quash scandals but behaving like a jackass and getting arrested. He'll be paid well for this.

TRUE so TRUE

Back