Suzuki Service Bulletin

OB_Bob

Registered
Its official!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Two Bulletins:
1. Reroute of fuel lines to prevent kinking.
2. New strainers to prevent fuel starvation. Can cause eratic idle surging cut-outs.
I will get a copy tonite from dealer, who is nice enough to give me a copy. Us Owners are not supposed to receive these. Hmmm.
I will scan and send to those affected.
Bob
Could be a problem in all bikes with #5559 serial number and below.

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 13 September 1999).]

Read something off the tripod Hayabusa site.
Service Bulletin from Suzuki regarding new fuel injector/injector screens replacements.
Seems that the screens/gauze used in the fuel injectors are too fine causing high rpm starving.
I will see what more I can find out about this and the post. I found it while Hayabusa.org was down by searching Hyabusa+Suzuki+forum using excite as the search engine. It was in Tripod.com
I will call my dealer and ask this morning.
Bob
This, if true, is probably the cut-out issue.

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 13 September 1999).]

Bob, scanme a copy I am bringing the bike in for a shift kit install wednesday and I would like nothing better than to pull this out of my hat.I called US Suzuki and today all we got was answering machine (*&()bullshit.

Dealer knows nothing. This must come to an end.

Hemillard@snet.net

I did not make it to the dealer in time. Sorry.
I will get it tomarrow. But, just ask your dealer's service mgr. to pick-up his little finger and call his Suzuki tech. representative, they all have a contact name and number. The tech rep will then fax him a copy after they tell your dealer the Bulletin just came out last week.
Bob

Called dealer this morning "no we have not heard from Suzuki yet". Makes you want to drive to Canada to get your bike fixed.

Please forward a copy to me too please Bob since I do fall within those serial numbers. Never hurts to be prepared right?

Thanks.

Bob,
Can you scan those and send them up this way?
Or if it would be easier, I have a fax at home I can Email you my number.
I went to my Dealer today and his reps are playing the I don't know game.

Appreciate it.....Thanks offcermike@aol.com

[This message has been edited by Michael Poulicakos (edited 14 September 1999).]

xclr8 and kawabuser, I adjusted my tps for the hell of it and my notchy, shitty tranny now shifts like new.

If it helps.

I scanned them but it is a fax of a fax so i needed to make a quality scan. This required about 2000KB. So it takes a while to send. Be patient.

For those that have this problem NOW!! reference to your dealer Suzuki Service Bulletin 4-stroke GS/GSX/GSX-R No. 109 Date 9/8/1999.
Also Bulletin GS/GSX/GSX-R No. 108 which outlines correct fuel hose routing when connecting the fuel feed hose. Two Bulletins Hmmm

Subject: Engine Hesitation-Revised Fuel Petcock & Pump Screens

If you don't have a problem please don't flood to your dealers screaming for warranty work. It is not a recall. The two Bulletins were meant to be used if a GSX1300R is "having operational difficulty" such as hard starting or uneven idle, poor throttle response, surging or marked hesitation (Hicup??)under high fuel demand situations.

My dealer did me a favor and I am doing the same.

Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 14 September 1999).]

Bob, I would like to have a copy of these bulletins also, I to am experiencing this problem and I have an appt with my dealer on friday and of course they have no information on the problem. Please e-mail it to me at vfrhump@aol.com thanks
Dave

Bob, tuesday I called my area dealers and they still played ignorant(hate to use the word stupid).When I asked another to call Suzuki US to get info, he replied "they would have sent a fax if they had anything(SUZUKI)".

So I dropped off my bike to another dealer who has will be doing some service work, well I think that I will just give him the Bulletin #'s in the morning.

A call was placed to US Suzuki in California as well later in the afternoon, And was greated by a courtious woman who put me on hold and replied the Customer Service Rep. Dammon would be calling me back wednesday with the long awaited info. Well all I can say is the phone lines will be burning in the morning if I get the "stupid act".

I would like to ride this bike with its full potential, not sputtering and cutting out.

Todays Hayabusa satisfaction score: Hayabusa.Org = 1, Suzuki US = 0

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 15 September 1999).]

Go to dealer they have the info by now, If you dont have the problem wait till you do so those who have symtoms can get their bikes fixed, as there could be a temporary part shortage.

It is not a recall, it's a service bulletin.
They are not going to fix a bike without a problem.

Bob, thank you for the info, I went to my dealer yesterday and helped them find the bulletins. My parts are on order but not all were available, the petcock and insulator were in stock in Chicago but the strainer and o-rings are on back order. I know if I did't have this info on hand they would have sent me packing, but thanks to you this beast is going to be fixed!
supersonic ditto's!
Dave

Back