Service Bulletin Call to Dealer,,lots of stuttering)) ??

OB_FalconCOP161

Registered
Called the service shop I intend to take my bike to to have my bike worked on,spoke to the head wrench and asked about the bulletins 108/109. all I got was alot of stammering & stuttering ?? Hmmm..do they know something we don't ??.

Anyway he said "only if you have the symptoms"IE:surging,hesitation,or Cut-out,will suzuki look at the problem and work on the bike. My Bike falls within the numbers that may have a problem..2008 miles and as of yet no problems at all.

Suggestion is to just say you have these probs even if you don't, so they can check/clean/replace what they have to at no cost to you.

161 ®

[This message has been edited by FalconCOP161 (edited 23 September 1999).]

So FC how are the rates at your local Schwin shop? Did they say anything about your mods?(cards in the spokes held on by clothes pins)
How many miles do you get out of a deck of cards? Was that counting the jokers?

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 23 September 1999).]

FC, if they do strip the fuel delivery system and find nothing, are they still obliged to give you that service without charge?

I don't know SFA about the internal rules on handling bulletins.

If they do have to do it without charge just on the basis of a complaint I think I'd like to go ahead with that just on the chance I've got more slowly developing symptoms.

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 23 September 1999).]

DP,,I would say if you do have those problems,,get to them before they become a bigger prob.

If under warranty it shouldn't be a problem. how do they really know if someone has the problems or not ??

a lil preventive maintenance is always a good thing.

161 ®

PS-Hey Todd..you have a Pending Court case don't you ?,,lil sore at the Police,,Those darn pesky points on your DL just Haunt you don't they :),,Or you just got your new Insurance bill with the fresh Surcharges $$.

:) :( :) :(

DP,,I would say if you do have those problems,,get to them before they become a bigger prob.

If under warranty it shouldn't be a problem. how do they really know if someone has the problems or not ??

a lil preventive maintenance is always a good thing.

161 ®

PS-Hey Todd..you have a Pending Court case don't you ?,,lil sore at the Police,,Those darn pesky points on your DL just Haunt you don't they :),,Or you just got your new Insurance bill with the fresh Surcharges $$.

:) :( :) :(

Only two things come from OklaHomo..OOPs sorry,, Oklahoma

Hehe - No court cases for me! You've been skipping my posts again huh? I'm tight with the local judge and he helps me keep the points off my record and insurance if I'm a good boy for a few months at a time. It's only a few dollars more. I see your witty responses are still indicative of the score you posted on your cop exam!

FC; I have no symptoms at all. She's going like Jack Rabbit. But my bike is in the numbers and I'm concerned that I might have to pay the freight myself next summer after my warranty expires in very early March.

DP-I would have them check it..My numbers fall within the range also.

I also ordered a Shop manual from MOTOCOM.com,and if it's just a periodic cleaning of Fuel screens then I/You can do it on your own.

Todd wishful thinking about your Driving record is a good thing,,Just keep repeating,"I HAVE NO POINTS,,I HAVE NO POINTS,,MY INSURANCE IS NOT MILKING ME,,and so on :) What type of parking arrangements do you have in those Oklahomo Trailer Parks ??

161 ®

[This message has been edited by FalconCOP161 (edited 23 September 1999).]

FC - good gosh guy - you REALLY are some kind of a nut aren't you? Just keep repeating "I really am a cop - I really am sane"

BTW - neither trailers (get blown away by the tornadoes) or homos (get beat up) are very popular in OK. Fortunately we don't expect you to actually know what you are posting about so we won't hold it against you. Guns and pickups are very big here. So are wide open spaces for 180+mph runs on the Busa!

...HY JONNY B! Thanks for the suspension settings...they helped a lot...got the edges of her tires scrubbed now...even smoked my former TL on a back road better suited for a dual purpose bike...he had his suspension set for a race track...no good for the street...my dealer, Cycle Performance in Torrington CT, "fixed" my Busa even though I was not having any problems...the affected bikes are those below #X2105559...service bulliten #108 adresses hard start and uneven idle by rerouting fuel hose...#109 adresses the "hesitation" with revised fuel petcock and pump screens...(thanks for the info, Kawabuser) ...as we be on Falcon COP 161's thread, this might be a good timeto share some thoughts about him...sorry I missed him today...would like to meet him and perhaps see how fast he is...maybe he will return to Bear Mountain and I could, ah , show him some roads...I I have a few guesses as to the nature of FalconCop 161 based on the style and nature of his posts...first off, much to the disgust of Todd and others, I would have to guess we have here a person of above average intelligence...I would also guess that he is a member of an ethnic minority...that he is under six feet tall and weighs less than 180 lbs...he is 25 years of age or less...he is a cop...he is a rookie with less than 18 months service...he is well regarded by his brother cops and his superior officers...that people did fuk with him a lot once in his life but it would be worth your life to fuk with him now...thats what you get for fuking with people...FalconCOPs...and before you all start flaming me for saying "ethnic" in public, let me state now and for the record that some of my best friends are humans...so how 'bout it FalconCop 161? Whats my score? When you going back to Bear Mountain? R U FAAAAAST?

I'M HAVING A PROBLEM WHEN I OPEN THE THROTTLE
UP IT STUTTERS AND SOMETIMES WON'T REV PAST 8 GRAND. I LET OFF AND TRY AGAIN AND SOMETIMES IT WILL RUN NORMAL. I'M WONDERING IF THEY WILL FIX THIS PROBLEM EVEN THOUGH I'VE DONE THE AIRBOX MOD. I DO NOT HAVE A POWERCOMMANDER OR YOSH BOX. THIS PROBLEM HAPPENED ONCE BEFORE WHEN I HAD BAD GAS AND NOW THAT I'VE DONE THE AIRBOX MOD IT IS CONSISTANTLY ANNOYING. AIR BOX MOD WAS WORTH ABOUT 1 MPH IN QTR. IS MY PROBLEM THE AIRBOX MOD OR IS IT IN NEED OF THE SERVICE?

So, FalconCOP 161, what was I wrong about? The part where I describe you as intellegent and well regarded or the part about your limited experience? Your past traumas, race, and phisical stature are of little interest but you seem to be compensating for something...it was just a guess. KawAbuser, how would I send you E mail? How far are you from Torrington? Where do you like to ride? Wanna ride with FalconCOP 161 when they fix the road? I usualy avoid Marcus Dairy these days, but had considered going with a fast freind or two on the 10th...I won't wanna stay too long, though...

Hapo,,when Perkins drive opens up again,, It's been Closed due to Storm Damage. We'll chill and talk the talk & walk the Walk.

I'm usually the Only Copper/Silver Busa up there.

Your profile of me Was funny..wrong But funny,,Frankly who gives a poop what anyone says :)

Ride Safe 161 ®

Hapo, you must be from Ct. if you had your bike serviced in Torrington. Well this comes from corporate Suzuki that the two best service departments in this area are in Torrington and Enfield(they earned some kind of service awards). My recent experience with the 108 and 109 Bulletins are this:

New England Suzuki in Hartford, when I informed them of the bulletin numbers and the new part numbers serviced my bike with out any delay, the service manager Shawn was completely concerned with the information presented and returned to me a bike that now runs like the bike I bought. A service center which will see more of my money.

Enfield Motor Sports had a differant view of the matter only offering me the story that Suzuki's Tech Center was practicly closed and only dealing with *important* matters while all the service techs were in Vegas at the Suzuuki show and that I would have to wait to deal with the issues at hand(Service Bulletins#108 and #109). The NEW Service Manager did and does not consider the "cutout" problem important or life threatening. This dealership has seen their last dollar from me.

Hapo send an email to hook up for a ride, are you going to Marcus Dairy for Super Sunday the 10th of October?

Been outta town, fellas. Good to see things haven't changed around here.

[This message has been edited by Mr Bear (edited 28 September 1999).]

Happo, thanks for the serial# info. sorry about getting you ticked off on that other thread, I was responding to FC161's post but should have indicated it as such.

...!?what other thread? Hapo not pissed off! Hapo like Jonny B! What time you going to be at Marcus? I suggested 10am on another thread but no one responded...

This Bul. 108 & 109 fixes a problem that Suzuki found, but it's not because of the bike. The filters that they installed were trapping fuel additives, causing the pressure in the regulator to build up, this in turn shuts down the bike.

There was no tank coating, just crap added to the gas. They just used very fine filters.

Back