Suzuki Knows About Cut - Out.

OB_Bob

Registered
In the event my bike was blessed with this, which i don't think i have this. Mine doesn't die. Putting the throttle plates in sync. seemed to stop my issue
8/29--My Power Commander caused this twitch. Now that have a Yosh Box I was able to switch so that I wouldn't have to put up with the crap drivability without a remap using a pipe. My commander will go back for a new one.
I ordered the parts. The strainer is to be blown clean with air. Assuming this post is correct--the manual states "if the filter mesh is clogged with sediment or rust, (or fuel additive that doesn't dissolve) fuel will not flow smoothly and loss of engine power may result. If mesh filter is clogged replace the cartridge with a new one."
The cartridge filter is fairly large and is part #15410-24F00 $34.21
A couple o-rings in there to-"caution replace the o-ring with new" The o-rings go on the fuel pressure regulator, and the sleeve. Looks like an easy job. My parts will arrive next week. They were in stock in Georgia.
Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 29 August 1999).]

My bike goes in on the 13th of September for the dreaded cut out.
I have contacted a good friend of mine who knows a lot of people in the motorcycle industry.
He just got back to me with the following information concerning Suzuki and the Hayabusa.

1) Suzuki is well aware of the current problems that owners of the Hayabusa are having.
2) If Suzuki were to admit to a defect in a motor vehicle that could be possibly life threatning ( before a recall notice is sent out to every owner )
And one of those owners gets hurt or killed - They would be held very liable for a lawsuit. ( and look very guilty in a court of law ).
3)The dealers are keeping close mouthed and doing what Suzuki is instructing them to do to the bikes when they come in for service.
4)When the time comes that the owners do not bring those same bikes in for a second and third time with the same problem, the factory will know they have found the solution.
5) Then they will send out the recall notices and fess up.
So do not expect the dealers and regional reps to admit to this until the recalls are sent out.
We need to get the bikes back to the dealers to be worked on.
The dealers have the latest info from
Suzuki.
If you don't want the wrenches working on your ride and experimenting with your bike you will have to stop complaining and wait for the recall.
The more bikes that are brought back and sent back out on the road will speed things up.
I don't claim to be a lawyer,wrench, or expert Hayabusa Doctor. I am just passing info that was passed my why, everyone take this info any way you like.

offcermike@aol.com

[This message has been edited by Michael Poulicakos (edited 27 August 1999).]

Michael,
Thanks. I guess i will just wait for the recall as no one else has worked on my bike to date. So far im luckey-just chain and sprockets.
ducmanic
Los Angeles

Yes they do know about it.......

[extract from an e-mail]

From what I could gather from my SUZ dealer the origin of the problem is the following :
SUZUKI is using preventive anti-corrosion stuff in the new Busa's fuel tank for stock purposes. This stuff should dissolve in the
fuel but it does not properly and ends up blocking the very fine fuel filters at the pump and injectors levels. This should be the
only cause of the problem according to SUZUKI.

I am told that SUZ France is aware of the problem and (only...) accepts to take the exchange of the filters under guarantee... i
do not know about SUZUKI's policy in the States with respect to this problem.

Jeffw,if you think about it that does make sense, intermittent and spotty apearance of the problem. maybe a differant batch of the coating or changed setting of the factory application.

A friend sent me a copy of the "Hayabusa" mook today and their is a section on the bikes being built in Japan(photos from inside the factory)as there is a section on the construction of the gas tanks. The problem for what I have seen here is limited to bike within a couple of hundred serial numbers (900-1200) and a few other numbers scattered throughout the range. The tanks affected could have been constructed on the same day or production run. This is why the serial number info could help identify the affected bikes.{this is all speculation, till next week when Suzuki releases the fix}.

Chain problems are with RK not Suzuki as Suzuki does not make chain.

This is a first year bike, so if there are a few quirks that is OK with me. And as far as Suzuki's research into finding problems and solutions, there are no problems till someone speaks up. This board is a good place to forward information to others and Suzuki.

Chase Giles thank you for the forum!

Now we can get on to the T-shirts.

I checked my in tank filter today and it was dark brown.I pulled out the filter and put a big inline type in.I only had two shut downs but both were very dangerous.I also put in some injector cleaner in the tank just to finish of whatever is left.Someone said that there is other screens/filters elswhere in the system.Is there?

Yes, within the fuel pump casing there is a strainer and a paper cartridge type filter. If your lucky enough to have rec'd a manual, it will show it. I have pictures of it that frank adams e-mailed me from his manual. I will send it to assuming your profile has your e-mail address. If not, e-mail me ramair1@flash.net
Bob

Back