okay, cut-out fix again

Hi Bob,

I have the engine cutoff problem too (April '99). My dealer cleaned the fuel pump (very dirty) but it didn't solve the problem. Suzuki Netherlands in cooperation with the UK think about "vapour lock" and they still investigate the problem and take it serious.
In my case it's hard to simulate the problem, because it's not always there. When it happens, it's always during a long (+150 km) ride.

Best Regards,

Emiel

PMB, Dont let them get away with not telling
you what they did to your bike it is your right to know ! That is against the law.
ask your dealer and US Suzuki if they know
how to spell LAWSUIT ! Dont take that crap
from them. I can tell you that if my bike ever gets that problem I will be beating on
US Suzukis door. That would be a good idea
anyway. Maybe we should get a bunch of owners down there. The only problem is it is in Brea CA. No problem for me but I know
it would be for alot of people

This is the best post I have seen today.

pmb, at least provide a dealer location.

I am going to print this post and provide
them with the site address. "them" being Suzuki.
This is silly--If they truly fixed the problem for pmb, why not say? Sounds strange to me.
At least this page will show there are others, with some sort of problem, mine included.
Thursday i will be with an authorized Suzuki mech. on the Dyno. I intend and hope my twitch, hicup or whatever the hell it is shows it ugly head for him.
Bob

You guys need to get with Jeff W. He has had the problem fixed and detailed the repair on the Hayabusa mailing list. He is also gathering info to include in a letter to Suzuki. Does anyone here besides me (and a very few others) subscribe to the Haybusa OWNERS list??!!!!

Pete
I posted two weeks ago or so that Suzook knew about it. The problem is knowing about it hasn't translated into doing anything about it.
They told me they were looking at it closely and any change that MAY come from it would go through your dealer. Well obviously at this point its still top secret stuff. Why, because they want to be sure I suppose, I hope? And the Milan Show is two weeks away. This probably would be good news about now. Recall. I believe they could handle this much better through communication between their reps and dealers. Three days+ for a call back is not extraordinary.
pmb--I understand and Yes there are too many lawyers here.
Bob

Hi Guys, please do not anger against me, I am living in Switzerland, taking somebody to court is not so easy here, and hopefully it is not so easy, because here we are laughing a lot about all thos lawers in the US ! Anyway, I don't want to enter this fight, let me just explain:
The mechanics did a "tric" recommended by Suzuki Switzerland, they asked him not to reveal the "tric" before Suzuki Japan knows about it and do something worldwide about it.
I don't want my mechanic to have problem with Suzuki, he asked me to be quiet, I paid nothing for what has been done on the bike so far, the change of the exhaust system was also free regarding the time I passed with him to help fixing the problem.
I try to get as much information I can by discussing with him about, you know, the weather etc. and sometimes a word and another pass by...
I think it is not a good idea to give you his details because this guy do not speak a word of english ! Only french. So you better ask your local Suzuki to contact the company FRANCONIA in Zurich/Switzerland and chake them well but beware, those guys are weird ! They are in the German part of Switzerland!!!
FRANCONIA is the swiss importer of Suzuki stuff. Keep Bustin.

FRANCONIA Swiss Suzuki Distributor details:

FRANCONIA AG
HOHLSTR 612
CH-8048 ZURICH
SWITZERLAND
phone: +41.1.431.6511
fax: +41.1.431.6708

Hey guys had my second cut out today,first one was while passing some cars.....not good.Second one was today while going up an onramp almost got flatened buy an 18 wheeler who was in a hurry and who was on my ass.Someones going to get killed!
6200miles#2315

I picked my bike up yesterday. The dealer claims to have shortened the length of one of the fuel hoses which they think was damaged when the alarm was fitted. Is the cut-out fixed I wonder?
See "BusOwnerInBlighty" thread for more.

Just wanted to go on the record as one of those guys Suzuki told that they had not heard of anybody having this problem. I am at about 4000 miles and my bike was purchased during the second week of April. It has been cutting-out occasionally for the last 2-3 months and I have almost wrecked twice because of this. I figure I will wait for a fix to come out before I take my bike to the shop for the mechanics to go joyriding on.

cut-out's on one of the two in the house took the relay of off the good one and put it on the bad one flushed the tank 2 times the first time before the relay swap and the bike still cut-out 2nd after the swap and it didn't have the cut-outs for about two weeks (compaired to everyday)the good bike with the bad relay has yet to have the cut-outs the bad one's last 4#'s in the vin are in the 1000's the good one in the 3000 range.
hope this will help to fix the prb.
if anyone has any ?'s you may be better off to mail me (mehere87@hotmail.com) because i only get to check this site like once every 2 weeks!

I think that if only the lower vin #'s have the cut-outs that Suzk. had a prb. during production and fixed it on the later # bikes!

Back