Snakes as pets, who's got em?

Never actually had a pet snake, but while the kids were going through school we adopted an Iguana one summer, and kept an albino corn snake two summers; we named albundy. He looked a lot like Big D's snake but was only a couple feet in length. I use to stay in the woods a lot and it wasn't uncommon to come across a 6' cane break rattler. They always left us alone so we returned the favor.

Yeah..look here.

wink.gif

118_1842.JPG

Great post. Thanks for all the information. My rule of thumb is that if I see a snake in the wild I avoid him. After all I'm in his world so why do anything to disturb him. I remember when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton I used to run at lunch time on a dirt road there was a rattlesnake in nearly the same spot every day when it was warm. I think he was probably sunning himself. I always gave him a wide birth.

(Wag @ Dec. 25 2006,12:14)
(Saxoplay @ Dec. 25 2006,13:02) Couldn't imagine having a snake as a pet!
I bet if you thought about it REALLY hard you could conjure up that image.

Give a try!  
biggrin.gif

(Gives ya shivers, eh?!!)

biggrin.gif

--Wag--
yep...you're right! kinda discomforting to say the least...

biggrin.gif

That is ok. I will stick to a dogs and fish as pets. I am not scared of them. But at the same time I have no desire to have one in my house.

Never had one myself. EVERYONE that I know that has one or had one has ALWAYS had it get out of the cage and they never know how. Some were never found again?? I couldn't sleep in my house again if it were me.

My Snake is tiny compared to the monsters I've seen on here.
wow.gif

My California King Snake who I incubated and hatched from an egg is about four feet now.
WillieMouse-1.jpg

My Savannah Monitor Lizard is also over feet long. They are both larger then these pictures.
Talon-6.jpg

(warbrown @ Dec. 25 2006,10:14) I've had many over the years including a big Burmese similar to Snakeyezzz beauty.  Once the kids came along, I unloaded it and went a little more conservative in size choices.

We currently have this Redtail Boa as our family pet.  Here I am as my daughter's show-and-tell surprise.
That is a pretty BCI Warbrown. They are my favorite. I have an anytherystic that I plan to breed with my albino and produce a snow (along with more albinos and anytheristics).

(BusaCruise @ Dec. 25 2006,22:51) posted it b4 ..but here's princess ...she's a tad under 5FT and 10lbs.

most docile creature there is.  
smile.gif

GF1.jpg
That has got to be one of the biggest ball pythons I've seen. We have a pinstripe ball we got back in august. I'll take some pic of it a post em.

(Sane_man @ Dec. 27 2006,20:35) My Snake is tiny compared to the monsters I've seen on here.  
wow.gif

My California King Snake who I incubated and hatched from an egg is about four feet now.
WillieMouse-1.jpg

My Savannah Monitor Lizard is also over feet long.  They are both larger then these pictures.
Talon-6.jpg
Nice. I've never owned any kingsnakes but we did have a savannah. It was kind of a rescue. We bought it to try to get it back to health then we gave it to a friends daughter(after it was better). They were feeding ham and different lunch meets and that thing got huge.

Back