Animal hoarding

I would tell your friends that they need to do something about the animals. I don't think there is anything wrong with having tons of animals unless you can't care for them. My neighbor has a giant dog but it is kept in her tiny back yard all day everyday. I don't understand why anybody has dogs in a development where they can't run around whenever they want to. Guess that comes from living on a small farm.

8 cats!? :laugh:

407603_2907039396120_1264597863_33140407_716443321_n.jpg

(((hugs))) I know how much you love animals. You wont even kill a spider for crying out loud! So I know this is tough on you. The little rats and mice probably are bread for snake food. That I can understand. The rest of them, I don't know. Maybe just approach it in a manner that you are concerned for her health. Prolonged exposure to the bacteria and germs is not good for her or the animals.

:laugh: Hey, live and let live I say, even for the spiders (yes Bots, even the spiders!) :laugh:

The rats are not bred for food...they are pets, which is why it bothers me so much that they're indifferent about them breeding and the potential for baby-eating :banghead: I'm pretty sure all of their snakes eat frozen/thawed foods that the buy. All of the rats have names :(

:The rats are not bred for food...they are pets, which is why it bothers me so much that they're indifferent about them breeding and the potential for baby-eating :banghead: I'm pretty sure all of their snakes eat frozen/thawed foods that the buy. All of the rats have names :(

Now that I don't understand. That is sad! :(

Update...

One dead rat to get out of the cage (the one that didn't seem right the first time I went over), one ticked off Momma rat trying to eat me if I even tried to unlock the cage to claim the body, and one random female rat decided to steal all of the babies and hoard them for herself...it's a very strange situation in that rat cage ??? By the time I'd fed everyone else (takes about an hour), the Mom rat reclaimed 1/2 of her babies while surrogate Mom tended to the rest. I just hope the babies don't become food. I can't take that :(

Cranky snake is still MIA

2 of the 3 cats were all over me; truly in need of some attention I guess...

14 year old tortoise walked the back yard again for about an hour, eating everything green he could find...

Saw hamsters for the first time today...wasn't sure I'd fed 'em before now...just too many animals to keep track of :banghead:

Just a few more days of this *sigh*

I'm a fan of the rats...I should take some pics. There are hairless rats, white rats, black rats...my favorite though are these really fuzzy, fat jumbo rats. I'd have one as a pet...heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I should steal some babies and raise 'em as my own! :laugh:

Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone...

I don't know how you do it vabs!!!!! So, many animals around me would give me a heart attack.! Maybe is because one time as a kid i got so sick i started passing out usually in the bathroom every morning while getting ready for school. When taken to the doctors and after weeks of testing i was told I'd caught a bacteria that lives in dogs and cats and that could even kill me due to my immune system not being able to fight it?? I was also diagnosed with chronic sinus And even though it's gotten better as I grew older, I feel like I can't breath just from reading all this :rofl:
I wouldn't like being in your shoes. Hope you can help your friends do something about this situation for the animals and their own good.!!!!!

On the subject of crazy cat owners, my mother has kept a cat in her freezer since 1991, waiting for the whole family to be around before she buries it. She has even moved house twice in that time, yet the cat remains (or "cat's remains, if you prefer) unburied.

Also, a-holes who keep dogs in crates all day should be publicly flogged, fined and jailed. They are worse than people who abuse their children, IMO.

On the subject of crazy cat owners, my mother has kept a cat in her freezer since 1991, waiting for the whole family to be around before she buries it. She has even moved house twice in that time, yet the cat remains (or "cat's remains, if you prefer) unburied.

Also, a-holes who keep dogs in crates all day should be publicly flogged, fined and jailed. They are worse than people who abuse their children, IMO.

It all makes sense to me now...:whistle: You poor child, you just need a hug.:rofl:

I don't know how you do it vabs!!!!! So, many animals around me would give me a heart attack.! Maybe is because one time as a kid i got so sick i started passing out usually in the bathroom every morning while getting ready for school. When taken to the doctors and after weeks of testing i was told I'd caught a bacteria that lives in dogs and cats and that could even kill me due to my immune system not being able to fight it?? I was also diagnosed with chronic sinus And even though it's gotten better as I grew older, I feel like I can't breath just from reading all this :rofl:
I wouldn't like being in your shoes. Hope you can help your friends do something about this situation for the animals and their own good.!!!!!

Wow, that's scary! You would not last a minute in this home then...shoot, after 20 minutes yesterday, I was stuffed up and sneezing. It's not a good environment for any living creature IMHO :banghead:

Wow, that is soooooo odd...cat in the freezer after all these years :cookoo:

I crated my Danes when they were being housebroken; it's one of the best ways to train them if you work FT away from home. In time, they learned and before long, they owned every piece of furniture in my home :laugh: So, there's a good use for crating, but as a permanent way to keep a dog? No, not good...

Stephen King is now writing a sequel to pet cemetery thanks to your mom:poke:j/k

Back