scared......layoffs

well, turns out im a valued employee. they based the layoffs on these conditions

1:attitude-at work and towards other employees
2:"points system"- when your late,call in ect u get points
3:what you can do(different areas, its an assembly line plant)

so i happen to do well at all of those things, and showed them my commitment today

i had to do twice as much work as usual, but i did it with a smile on my face, asked to do anything i agree and do it. doing more work makes the day go by quicker.

so i should be ok for a while. hopefully the economy will get better.

good. glad they are acknowledging good employees:beerchug:

Glad to hear your ok...i work in tysons va and they are diggin fo the metro rail and soon puttin this place out of buisness....they are forced to sell the land....so im gonna be there again soon....ive been out of work twice in the past year do to cut back..i have made it so far but my luck is runnin out....its very scarry times...i hate the constent knot in the stomach...

Anyone ever been relocated? Company has a squad of people here for the next few days to interview Myself and a small group of others to possibly relocate to FLA! Nothing against Florida but man its about as far away from here as you can get! Its that or the Highway I suppose. They also started giving people their separation notices today. Company Stock is totally in the Toilet too. A lot to consider. Maybe I should cash out my 401-k and move to Mexico for a year or two?:laugh:

Good news here.....and positive thinking for the rest of you......

I've been laid off since June and haven't been interviewing much....but I got a call yesterday and today I'm off for my first interview in a while.

So keep your chins up....something will come along!

I've been laid off since June and haven't been interviewing much....but I got a call yesterday and today I'm off for my first interview in a while.

good luck and i hope you get the position. :beerchug:

Best of Luck! :thumbsup:

Back