It's official  the axe has fallen and cut deep

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
Today was the day that Delta finally told us just how bad the layoffs were going to be.  Two weeks ago I had to fill out a bid sheet as to where I wanted to go.  With all that has been going on (pay cuts, benefit cuts and out sourcing our work) moral has sucked big time.  Everyone is a bad mood so my only choice was to elect Layoff.  Today I found out that I got my request.  I had the feeling that there was no way that I was going to be able to hold my position in the hanger and I found out that I was right.  So I only have four weeks of work left.  
biggrin.gif
 The only thing that sucks is that I am going to have to find another job.  
sad.gif
  Some time in April I will be heading up to Maine and try to find something up there.  I am in a great position right now so this is only a minor setback. My severance pay I will give me seven weeks of pay and having sold my house last year I even have money in the bank to live off of for a good while.  
jump9.gif

This last set of cuts/layoffs went a lot deeper then anyone thought is was going to.  My buddy also got laid off and he really didn't think that he had to worry about it.  At least his wife has a good paying job so he will be OK for a while but I know there are other guys out there that are screwed big time.  I'm just very glad that I am not one of them.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141267154 -->

sorry to hear...keep you're head up...I'm sure you'll find one of those J.O.B.'s.  Hopefully a better one too
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|jmaz268
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141267028 -->

Thanks Jmaz
I'm looking forward to moving so all is good.
cool.gif

Keep your head up. I believe that the Lord never closes one door without opening another. I wish you and your family the best.

These are hard times all around for most. HOwever, it seems like the rich keep getting richer
mad.gif

Keep your head up. I believe that the Lord never closes one door without opening another. I wish you and your family the best.

These are hard times all around for most. HOwever, it seems like the rich keep getting richer
mad.gif
I left out one thing. I'm single so it's only me I have to worry about. One more thing to be thankful for.

Thanks.

Sorry that you had to go through all that for what now, almost a year!!

But at least its over, you can move on now!! Good luck and keep us updated on the job search.

Sorry to hear that,, But you seem to have a good outlook, on the situation. Thats a big plus.
rock.gif
Hope all works out for you.:)

This may sound bad, but...at least you finally have an answer even if it wasn't the one you were hoping for. The waiting can be worse than actually knowing.

You're in a good position to absorb this and be able to move on with you life. You did well planning ahead, and it will pay off in the end.

Good Luck Jim
cool.gif

Having been laid off three times in my career I can sympathize. Best wishes for a speedy re-hire so that you can use that spare money for something useful (modding a 'Busa for example!)

Sorry that you had to go through all that for what now, almost a year!!

But at least its over, you can move on now!!  Good luck and keep us updated on the job search.
The last year has been the worse. There was one layoff back in 2000 then they called a few guys back. Since then there has been either two or three more layoffs. I think this is number 4 but I can't remember for sure. Either way you're right, I'm glad it's over and I don't have to sit here and wonder if I made the right decision or not. I will let everyone know what is happening as it happens.

This may sound bad, but...at least you finally have an answer even if it wasn't the one you were hoping for.  The waiting can be worse than actually knowing.

You're in a good position to absorb this and be able to move on with you life.  You did well planning ahead, and it will pay off in the end.

Good Luck Jim
cool.gif
It's not bad at all. I'm glad it's over and as bad as it sounds I did get the answer I was hoping for.
Thanks

I just can't understand the greed in this world....  
mad.gif
It sucks. I know the company is trying to survive but they can only kick us so much. They took from us twice, they have taken from the pilots and now they just got approved to pay the higher ups a full years pay in severance. For us we only get a weeks pay for every completed year with a max of 13 weeks. That is the part that really ticks me off.

wow J-Dubb...that's a bummer. It's cool that you're lookin at it in a positive light, though. Testament to one's character, I believe.

Sorry to hear it, though. I'd go bonkers.

Yeah Jim the whole thing really blows....well I guess its on to bigger and better things
wink.gif
good luck bro

Didn't read all the other post but I'm glad that you had planned on this possibility taking place and that your in a position to handle it...

When you look back in a year in will probably be the best thing that ever happened to you! Working in a situation like that is not healthy. Glad to hear you were prepared for it. Good luck with the new search!

Back