Report your GEN II Busa Issues here.

No Issues to report only that it kicks azz and is so smooth! nice crisp throttle response
bowdown.gif

+1 on the cold start issues.

Have 2000 miles on the busa and no other issues. Hell of a bike.

+1 on the memory loss. I mean wtf I get on the bike and forget all the bs around me.

I love my 08 Busa just had the 500 mile checkup and oil change. I am real happy about finally being able to open up past 5000 rpms. I am having the 5th to 6th gear false nuetral issue. it seams to be okay with quick shifting from gears 1-5 but really wants a solid longer shift from 5-6 and if I dont it sounds like hell and sits in a false nuetral for what seems like 2-3 minutes but is only 3-4 seconds. I have heard that this settles down after the first couple 1000 miles.
I have a similar issue with mine. Shifting from Neutral to 1st is difficult sometimes. It gets to the point where I have to go to 2nd to get moving. But once I am moving I can get back down to 1st with no issues.

Seems to be 1 out of every 10 times I try to go from N to 1 I get this issue.
I've had the same problem. Try pulling back the clutch lever twice. That seems to work for me.

I love my 08 Busa just had the 500 mile checkup and oil change. I am real happy about finally being able to open up past 5000 rpms. I am having the 5th to 6th gear false nuetral issue. it seams to be okay with quick shifting from gears 1-5 but really wants a solid longer shift from 5-6 and if I dont it sounds like hell and sits in a false nuetral for what seems like 2-3 minutes but is only 3-4 seconds. I have heard that this settles down after the first couple 1000 miles.
I have a similar issue with mine. Shifting from Neutral to 1st is difficult sometimes. It gets to the point where I have to go to 2nd to get moving. But once I am moving I can get back down to 1st with no issues.

Seems to be 1 out of every 10 times I try to go from N to 1 I get this issue.
cool.gif
Sometimes this hapens because of the oil.Try to change your oil SAE and check it again
cool.gif

cool.gif

Try holding the lever down with your foot and releasing the clutch to pop it into gear. It's a stacked transmission guys and not like a car at all. Once you figure out how it works, you won't have any issues with the motorcycle setup tranny...
cool.gif

You can also try down shifting and releasing the clutch when decelerating. That or just release the clutch while sitting at the light or give it a quick rev when trying to engage a gear....
winkold.gif

My Busa has just been one problem after another since I picked it up over a month ago:

1. Damn thing is too fast.
2. Takes the curves way to fast and steep.
3; Gas mileage has been too high, last check 45 mpg.
4. Women keep looking at me as I past by them going down the highway.
5. Constantly have to wait for my other cycle buddies on their Kawies.
6. And the list goes on and on.

Anybody else having these same problems.
ohthedrama.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Hi,
New to site, be patient!

2 months ago picked up orange / blk K8. Have had it back to dealers on 4 occasions due to fairing on left side not being tight to infills, upper fairing has gap of 6mls at 1 point and can see inside of fairing, lower fairing has a gap of 8mls.
Suzuki area rep has said it is 'not unusual'. Currently awaiting contact back from Suzuki Customer services.

Any responses?

I am really liking my new friend 'Busa.  Changed my own oil & filter @500 and it was a bit more involved than the 'Strom.  Like doing a brain transplant through the ear. What filter wrench & oil do you experts suggest to get out from the header?  I want to change out again at 1000.   Orange K8 shifting improved steady.  Strom missed a few shifts when new...all smoothed out long ago.  K4 1000 with 36K now ... cold & wet bike now.  Busa for the sun.    
thumb_up.gif

I get the problem going from nuetral to 1st at lights, but if I roll the bike backwards it seems to go right in gear. I've owned 3 Suzuki's 97 TL1000, 01 GSXR1000, 08 Busa they all have done it. I have gotten a couple false nuetrals going from 5th to 6th, but probly from me not shifting hard enough not to much of an issue. Last I get a tapping noise when I start the bike when it's cold I have a full Yosh R-77 so I'm not sure if it's the exhaust heating up or the engine. I don't hear it to much once the bikes hot and can't remember if it did it before the exhaust. Oh yea mileage is 1098 miles.
It sounds like some people are having several different issues, but more importantly a lot of people are having a lot of the same issues.  I am experiencing:

1 - Cold Start Idle Issue (Not really sure if this is even 'an issue' and it's probably the least of my concerns as far as the issues I'm having.

2 - I also hear the 'ticking / tapping' sound when I do a cold start.  I hear this for up to several minutes until I take off riding.  Then I'm not really sure if it goes away or if I just forget about it or don't hear it.

3 - I've had the false nuetral issue shifting from 5th to 6th but only 2 times in the last 1000 miles.  (I just hit 4K miles today.)

4 - Only a couple of times have I had the issue shifting from nuetral to 1st at a stop light.  I've had this issue on my dirt bikes before and I usually just let the clutch out a little while giving it a very little rev, then pull the clutch back in and it shifts into 1st no problem.  This seems to work on my Busa too.  (Not a huge issue to me.)

So, is there a way to find out which, if any, of these issues is Suzuki calling 'an issue' and do they have a resolution for any of them?

Also, I just hit 4K miles and realized that I need a new back tire, like soon...

I know I listed several issues, but don't get me wrong.  I love my Busa!

Cheers!

I was having a bad problem shifting up to 5th and 6th. Sometimes not going into 5 loud clunk dropping back to 4th gear. A false neutral between 5th and 6th, and going into 6th.. that was real bad, loud clunk and popping back to 5th gear. I was worried I had a transmission problem. I went into the problems section of the board and found my help there. Just drop the shifter lever a quarter inch! I tried that and it made a major difference for me. I found it helped me to give more pressure on the shifter lever and make shifting more positive. Not a total fix but now the shifting problem is only once in a while problem. Also roll off the throttle a little more than normal just before you pull in the clutch in 5th and 6th works for me and doing these two things almost made the problem go away.

Other than the cold start issue, which smooths out after a few seconds, love the new bike. Had an '07 Busa and this one is better in every way. Put 1,000 miles on it in 3 weeks-no problems. Change oil and gears correctly and all should be well. Will probably try different front brake pads, but brakes are definitely better than older bikes.

I'm new to the forum, 57 years old in upstate NY.

Good riding.

A couple nights ago I stopped in a parking lot for a gear/earplug/helmet adjustment etc. while fooling with this stuff somehow I stalled the bike while in gear. I shut the bike off finished my bidness, then started off. I'm riding down the road and realized I've got no instrument pannel lights-everthing was dark, (gauges all zeroed out) except for the blue high beam indicator. No turn sigs either. Still had front headlight and rear light. Limped back home and found the 10 amp instrument pannel fuse popped. Replaced same, pulled on some wires, cables etc. but could not duplicate the obvious short to ground that would blow the fuse. Susequent rides reveal no problem....

A couple nights ago I stopped in a parking lot for a gear/earplug/helmet adjustment etc. while fooling with this stuff somehow I stalled the bike while in gear. I shut the bike off finished my bidness, then started off. I'm riding down the road and realized I've got no instrument pannel lights-everthing was dark, (gauges all zeroed out) except for the blue high beam indicator. No turn sigs either. Still had front headlight and rear light. Limped back home and found the 10 amp instrument pannel fuse popped. Replaced same, pulled on some wires, cables etc. but could not duplicate the obvious short to ground that would blow the fuse. Susequent rides reveal no problem....
Ahh, gremlins! I hate them, they drive you crazy...
winkold.gif

Well....I was kind of worried reading through all these posts while I was waiting for delivery of mine but I guess I got lucky!
I can't fault the bike. Starts, runs, idles perfectly. Handles like it's on rails. Lovely smooth clutch and trans with no gear selection problems.

most pleased!!

Hi now i dont wanna teach my granny to suck eggs BUT .. to the guys with shift problems are you sure you got the correct drive chain tension? just a thought

I was sorry to say bye bye to my old 04..and a little apprehensive on taking delivery on my 08 ,was I doing the right thing? but I gotta say this new mothership does exactly what is says on the tin !!!!

Well I picked up my new Orange and Black Busa this evening and boy is this a nice bike. I went from a suped up GSX-R 600 to this and man you can tell the difference. I love how smooth it rides, and how smooth the shifiting feels. I am so used to slaming down to shift (Not slamming really but you know putting some effort into it.) it seems this is not needed on the busa. However, I did run into the issue of the bike not wanting to go into 1st from neutral at a light. I want to say this happened to me twice, the remedy was to let go of the clutch and then engage it again and the did the trick. This has happened occasionally on my 600 so I assumed there was just something wrong with it. This happend twice on the way home from the dealership, I know I did shifted right, but it would not engage. Should I be worried, or is this normal? Just put my first 37 miles on it. My only other complaint is this thing is to damn quiet. I have not been over 5,000 rpm yet, so I am wondering if it will get louder then, but dang way quiet. Not sure if I like that.

ive had mine for about a week now and love it!!! the only thing that gets on my nerves is the going into first gear problem, it seems like i have to pull the clutch lever in twice just about everytime to get in first..Its not a hudge deal but just a little annoying. outher than that i really love the bike!!

Back