Report your GEN II Busa Issues here.

It sounds like I've been lucky. I picked up my '08 orange/black in early Oct. With over 1000 miles, including riding in 20 degree weather, we have not had a single issue yet. I just hate the Fed. speed limiter!

got my 08 in oct also now 5800 miles later and one rear tire and it is still great.changed the exhaust and went down two teeth on the rear.fixed my speedo now 90 is 90

Good to hear there are no serious issues with the K8
thumb_up.gif

You guys should do a search on the new GS forums ADVRider etc if you wanna see major component failure issues
laugh.gif

I have the shifting into 1st gear problem too - it seems intermittent. I told the dealer and they asked if I could wait until I have done a few more miles. If it still a problem when I've run in they have promised to look at it.
The only other issue I've had is a slow weave on a right hand corner at about 120mph. Like a very slow tankslapper. It has only happened once so far. Managed to keep it shiny side up but it was a scary moment. No idea what caused it. I am running standard suspension settings and I don't weigh that much - about 160 pounds I think (11 stone 4 lbs in UK measurements)... I found hanging on like grim death seemed to do the trick - though I do know holding the bars too tight can induce speed wobbles and tankslappers. Hanging on tight was my reaction rather than the cause though. Anyone had a similar experience?

Keep posting on the problems you have on your bikes. I hope they are not like the 07 gsxr 1000's. I have a 08 busa on order. Should be here next week and will add to this forum as I have issues too. I have read everyones problems here so I know what to expect from mine. Hopefully I will not have any major issues.

What a bunch of crybabies. Most of these posts aren't real problems with the bike (like the 02' Busa tranny) just inconveniences that are also true w/ the Gen 1 Busa and other motorcycles and sue to rider error. These are more like complaints than serious issues with the bike.

EX: Getting the bike into first...gimme a break...this is more of a rider issue IMO. You just have to know when/how to get it in gear when you want...you'll learn. I eventually smartened up to put it in 1st before stopping at a light(safety issue)...once traffic backs up behind you put it into N...then right back into 1st but if difficult give it a little roll or go to 2nd then 1st.

Again, no diff than minor issues people complained about with the Gen 1 model.

I traded in my 07 Gixxer 1000 for an 08 Busa. I never had the start up issues with the gixxer, but I have them with the new Busa. Cold starts it jumps and waits to get idling right. Also the neutral to first issue, I've run into a couple of times as well. Everything else is spot on. A great bike. My buddy has an 05 Busa, and flipped his shifter to gp style. (1 up, 5 down). It will probably make shifting quite a bit easier on me as I've rode his a few times, and it seems to be easier to step through the gears. No mis-shifting. And its easy on the new Busas. I'm finishing my break in miles tomorrow (bought it Tuesday), and I'll be changing oil, filter and shifter on Monday. I'll keep ya posted.

hello.gif
Hi from the uk, will be getting my 08 busa 2nd April 08 (can't wait).
Will report back with any problems as soon as !!.

hello.gif
Hi from the uk, will be getting my 08 busa 2nd April 08 (can't wait).
Will report back with any problems as soon as !!.
Yeah I'm getting mine soon, maybe as soon as late next week. Already got a load of stuff to fit (exhaust, screen, sliders etc), just need the bike to put them on then I'll be out running it in as long as this foul weather lets up!

im riding in warm weather i find the tires to be amazing i was scraping the peg feelers after 100 miles! i will replace with same. my only issue is a lean burp when warm and coming off idle. lii a cough. and of course the speedo! shifts great no clutch.

What is the problem with the speedo?
It's not a "problem" per say; it's the typical Japanese optimistic speedometer readings he is referring to:

<a href="https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=77;t=84018;hl=" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">
K8 Speedometer vs GPS readings</a>
Thanks, I see what you mean! Why is it the Japs are so bad at this? I've checked the speedo in my '05 Ram and it is spot on with the GPS reading from stand still to off the clock, you'd think they'd get the same accuracy out of a bike one.
Good to know though
thumb_up.gif

Finally... the time has come... my dream is about to come true... Just reserved my 08, orange/black. The first of its kind in Qatar, my current place of residence. Bike arrived, it's in the port, should receive it sometime next week. any tips for a first time busa rider? biggest bike ridden was a zzr1100, and that was only for a few spins, the rest have been 250s and lower. Been wanting to own a busa since '01 - 7 years now and finally! just frickn' finally!!! any pointers???

Back