Prayers needed!

I give sincere thanks to the .Org family.

Update: My dad had surgery this morning for 4 hours and removed the tumor. It had almost completely blocked the colon. Found two cancerous polyps but didn't remove them, as he'll have chemotherapy starting pretty soon. He's still in ICU and hopefully will be in a regular hospital room by Monday. If his healing goes well, he won't have to wear a colostomy bag.

A short history: My dad has ridden motorcycles since he was 6 years old. He taught me most of what I know about riding. When he was 21, he crashed his motorcycle while riding with his close friends and was pronounced dead at the hospital. He had an out of body experience and was revived at a second hospital, half an hour away. He broke his arms, back, and left leg. His calf muscle was taken out and used in his back. He doesn't have any feeling in either foot. NOW, he runs his own lawn care business, rides his triumph, and everything else able-bodied people do, only with a slight limp. I'm going to the hospital on Wednesday and am bringing him the Sport Rider magazine I got in the mail last week and his Cleveland Browns hat.

**He has smoked a pipe for 45 years and coughs SO hard/long he can't breathe. He has refused to seek ANY medical treatment or tests. I was sure if anything got him, it'd be that.** (Maybe being in the hospital will force him to quit, since he's unable to walk, get out of bed, and is full of prescription narcotics.)

Thanks again for all the prayers, I know the Lord hears them.

I am glad he does not have to ware the bag. I pray that he gets well soon. Let him know we are praying for him

thanks for the update drew....prayers still needed i think.

Boy, is his cancer in trouble. It picked on the wrong person. What a fighter!! Glad surgery went well. Prayers continued for complete recovery.

Back