Prayers needed

(vman1300 @ Aug. 17 2007,11:26)
(Jet Li @ Aug. 17 2007,09:02) Absolutely fantastic news, Kev! Your recovery time has just been cut into 3/4's
biggrin.gif
 I'm still seeing you on the BUSA at the Fall Bash, Bro.

Another prayer just sent your way. You and the misses just keep hanging in there.
Tom,

It is really great news. I do hope to be on the Busa at the Bash. I think that is a atainable goal.

We will still be there, even if in the cage.
super.gif
Here's hoping and praying that everything goes this well
beerchug.gif

Isn't there a country song entitled, "You can't keep a VMan down". I think the group Alabama sings it.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Well all, today is my last day with cancer. The surgery clock is right now under 12 hours.

I want to pour out a sincere THANK YOU to all that have prayed, called, PM'ed, posted and emailed. You dont know how much it has helped us both over the last few days.

I am still on pins and needles about the surgery, something I have never had, so it is understandable.

As the next chapter of my life unfolds, I now have a stronger faith in God and a new found love for life in general. I will do my best to keep you updated as the week goes on....

damnit kev, i was just gettin ready to order that headlight from ya on Tuesday!!!

but on a serious note.. ive been away from the board for a few days and just came across this thread. kev, even though we really only met breifly at the bash with small convo here and there you are still a great fella!! even though this is obviously a trying time for you and your family, i have always said that good things happen to good people. u my friend ARE good people and i jsut want to wish you the best with the surgery and with your recovery. looking forward to seeing you at the bash in the spring!! STAY STRONG BROTHA!!!!!
beerchug.gif

Best of luck man. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. After tomorrow all that'll be left is a speedy recovery.

In my heart and thoughts today Kevin...surgery will go well and you'll be on the mind in no time my friend  
smile.gif

Prayers said for you for todays surgery Kev. Update when you get the chance...

May God bless you and your family through this ... Hang in there buddy, you'll be alright. I have faith you'll get thru this just fine. Best Wishes

As I said in the other post, I just copied this off the ETR forum on his surgery.

Here's an update on Kevin, from his brother in law and his sister.

The cancer was bigger then expected and was outside the colon into the tissue, so micro surgery wasn't an option. Kevin's went through the full blown surgery

Doctors are confident that the cancer was removed completely but they are waiting on the pathology report to determine if future therapy is needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE ON KEV
from his big sis

Thanks be to God for answers to prayer. Kevin is alright. His color is good. His vitals are great. His eyes are bright and he knows they have got it all. They ended up opening him up for the surgery due to the tumor being outside of the colon. The surgeon said that he removed all that he could see. We will get the pathology report by the end of the week and will know more concerning follow up treatment then. When you pray, thank God for answering our prayer for a successful surgery and continue to pray for Kevin’s recovery and his family members, especially Brenda. I know in my heart that God has a wonderful plan for Kevin. His testimony was already a gift. Can you imagine? He WILL now be a cancer survivor! What a true blessing his life is and will now continue to be...

He is in room 734 at the St. Joseph's Campus. I just spoke with Brenda's mother. He is resting and receiving pain meds every 2 hours.

THANK YOU ALL for your continued prayers and support.

Your BROTHERHOOD is such a blessing!!!

I don't know you that well, only talked to you a few times about the R1. But I've been here almost a year now, and can tell what kind of person you are by the way everybody talks about you in all the post's, and threads, and how helpfull you are !!! God knows good people, and I know he's right there with you !!!

STAY STRONG MY BROTHER !

JUST READ THE POST FROM YOUR SISTER, AMEN !!!

Now hurry up, get well, and finish that R1 !!! I want pics !!

Back