Prayers needed

(vman1300 @ Aug. 16 2007,10:27) Well my Busa bros and sisters...I do have some good news. Which is seeming to be the norm and I am not complaining.

I met with the surgeon today. After reviewing my charts and blood work, he is not sending me for a scan. The surgeon feels that this is a very isolated instance in my body especially due to a normal white blood cell count.

He is extremly confident that the surgery will take care of the cancer in my body.

The next big announcement...I am not going to be cut open from bottom of breastbone to top of groin. The procedure will be performed by laparoscopic technique. For those that dont know it is a way less invasive procedure. Tom mentioned it earlier and I know he can attest to it that my recovery time has just ben cut in half.

Now for the surgery, I am scheduled for 7:30am Monday morning at St Josephs in Asheville. My faith is still strong and I know we are going to get throught this.

My wife and I both thank all of you for the calls, PM's, email and posts.
No worries, You'll do just fine! Spooky, uncomfortable, but you'll do fine.

my grandma had colon cancer at 65, caught it early on, and still lived  to be 85.(past on naturally).
prays go out to you.

livestrong!

So sorry to read this...

My prayers are with you and your family in your time of need~

Laparoscopy is a breeze!!! And the 'after' drugs are simply divine
laugh.gif

All will be well Kev...the news just keeps getting better
beerchug.gif

We are both so blessed. I still believe there is a reason I have this cancer. I am up to the task my Savior has planned for me and it WILL only glorify him once it is over.

Great news that it's not any worse, Kev! Prayers and thoughts with you and your wife!

Lots of good things to focus on, Kevin. I'm glad for all the positive spin on the reports you're getting from your docs.

Best, bro.

Like I have said before, We both feel every prayer. If you have never been in a situation like this, I just cant describe the feeling to you.

I still have my moments, but this is my 3rd day of waking up and knowing that I have cancer. It is a heavy burden for anyone to have to carry, especially a 35 year old.

It is not getting any easier, but all that I feel in my heart from all my friends praying is realling helping us both.

HEy Kev I'm soory to hear about this. Just remember to have faith in te Almighty One and he will see you thru this. He the strength and the light. BTW, you have to be healed and ready to go by Febuary 2 (hint hint Jenninings for Glenn).

Absolutely fantastic news, Kev! Your recovery time has just been cut into 3/4's
biggrin.gif
I'm still seeing you on the BUSA at the Fall Bash, Bro.

Another prayer just sent your way. You and the misses just keep hanging in there.

(Jet Li @ Aug. 17 2007,09:02) Absolutely fantastic news, Kev! Your recovery time has just been cut into 3/4's
biggrin.gif
 I'm still seeing you on the BUSA at the Fall Bash, Bro.

Another prayer just sent your way. You and the misses just keep hanging in there.
Tom,

It is really great news. I do hope to be on the Busa at the Bash. I think that is a atainable goal.

We will still be there, even if in the cage.

Back