Picked up my sons first bike

Nice bike! You will love riding with your son, I know I sure do.:thumbsup:

wm_normal_11.jpg

I sent my son to the MSF course when he was 14 then got him a Ninja 250, he's 16 now and I just bought an 04 GSXR 600 for him to ride. And, no I don't want to adopt a 44 year old either Michael, I couldn't afford your aftermarket expenses!

i cant wait for my son to ride...his only 9..he rides with me...and has a rocket bike but he has been earlering the concept of riding....
'

awesome present

Just picked up a motorcycle for my son, (he dont know it yet) He will be 18 this march so i thought i would teach him the correct ways of doing things rather than going out and buying something and getting hurt.Im going to have him take the MSF course this spring, and ride along with me for some time before i turn him loose on his own. I found this 1996 zx6e for $1000.00, its in decent shape !

looks good, would be a goood beginner bike.

As quick as the 600 crotch rockets are, I would never by that for a 18 yr old's first bike.

He can take the MSF and you can ride with him all you want to........but you will not control him when you are not there.

My condolences.

I would have not made this desision if i thought he didnt have the maturity level or self control it takes to pilot a sport bike. Grant it, its only a 600cc, but it is more than fast enough yet tame enough for a beginers first bike. Its all about the love of riding, I just want to teach him everything i know and what others can teach him such as MSF, here on the ORG ,and on the streets as long as its safe techniques. I do know that i cant be with him 24-7 while riding but hopfully what i do get through his head will stick .Agian, if i didnt think he could handel it, i would have not done it. Thanks for your concerns.

Last edited:
:thumbsup: Same Bike I started on a mere 3 1/2 years ago! I kinda miss that bike... naaah :cheerleader:

Good one to start with, I really enjoy riding with my step dad it's a bonding experience and a good excuse to tell my mom when he wants to ride:rofl:

Be safe and have a blast!!!

Back