Son's new bike

proud dad

Registered
Last month my son Nick buys a new zx-6,that didn't last but a week then he goes and looks at 08 busa's.Even road tested a 07,like it alot but didn't like the weight.So he trades for a 08 zx-10.I told him he didn't have a clue what he just bought.After a couple rides he emails me back and said your right this bike is insane!!!A week later a new full exhaust and frame sliders is on.DB shield on the way.
He's taken the MC course already[cause the Army say's so]and taken the wife for a few short rides.We've talk alot about riding and what to look for when he was out.First thing I told him was loose the EGO when riding with buddies,and what not to do.When they head out riding it's mostly desert roads and a few mountain roads,he tells me him and a couple others get smoked in the twisties.I say don't sweet it your learning.I told him DON"T do anything that makes you uncomfortable.You should be relaxed reguardless of speed in a straight line or turning,your learning.He said he's not ready for knee dragging lean angles,after all,he's a new rider.
BUT......
out on a desert road one of his buddies [guy in his unit]is picking on him while they was cruising along at 70[wanted to race].HE's was on a 07 R1,Nick had enough of that and they both dropped to 3rd and hammer down.The outcome shocked them both,the zx-10 didn't just beat the R1,it smoked it.No contest.Sounds like the 10 is a real bad scooter.

I wish he would have kepted the 600 for a least a year.

green zx-6

black is the zx-10

nicks bike with noah.jpg

nicks zx10.jpg

nickszx10-2.jpg

nickszx10-3.jpg

nice, i like both of them i like that green 6 better than the 10, anyway tell him to wear his gear and to be safe out there

Back