Need help

We'll my brother has a stock 04 so I have access to all the sensors and ECU..... I can try that very soon...lets keep in touch on this.

What sensors exactly are you thinking?

I think it's easy to see if it's a fuel problem. Just try to get past 8k when the bike is idling. Without the load, it takes much less fuel to get to high rpms. So, if it still behaves the same in idle, it's not fuel. If you have no problem going high into rpm when idling, then it's a fuel delivery problem.

Any chance you gassed at some mom and pop gas station and put some bad gas, clogged injectors. Just guessing here.

Another thing - fuel pressure. I don't know whether the fuel pressure regulator is a separate unit or part of the fuel pump, but this could screw things up. I had this problem in my car a few years back. The car just wouldn't go above certain speed, and would accelerate very gradually no matter how hard I was pressing the gas pedal.

Hey Nathan, did you regap your plugs when you installed your turbo? I notice you said you check them, but did you regap them back to stock settings/

Another thing did you use VP fuel when you had your turbo?

wish i could help, know paint...

with all the knowledge on here i'm sure you'll be fine pipe', but i hear ya suxz waiting and not knowing.

Did you replace the fuel filter tower? The big black thing that the pump, regulator, fit into? I had the same problem and replaced the fuel pump (little round motor) (fuel pressure regulator) Small metal L shaped thing, all for nothing. Then I found out the fuel filter is the large black thing that all that stuff plugs into. Replaced that and click....click.....boom ! she was back to haulin azz! I don't know if this will help..So I'll also chuck in a free
bump.gif
Good luck brother!

Mine definatly will go over 8K just sitting there. Actually bike runs fine around town but I rarely have a place where I can get into the throttle hard or over 8K other than the track.
I only use Sunoco C-16 and always fresh. My plugs are new and gapped at between .018 - .020 as they always have been. Not sure about him but that is me.

I run a FMU for the fuel regualtor. Seperate unit and I recently replaced it with a new one thinking that was the problem.

I don't know about C-16 but MR9 and some other have been know to make the throttle body sticky over time and have been known to screw up fuel pumps if left in the tank for an extending amount of time. And has been suggested to flush out the fuel pump when done riding with this type of fuel. I've seen first hand at MSP Suzuki (Joe Morrossco) what U4 and MR9 can do to a throttle body over a period of usage and have read about the fuel pump issue.

I think it's easy to see if it's a fuel problem. Just try to get past 8k when the bike is idling. Without the load, it takes much less fuel to get to high rpms. So, if it still behaves the same in idle, it's not fuel. If you have no problem going high into rpm when idling, then it's a fuel delivery problem.

Any chance you gassed at some mom and pop gas station and put some bad gas, clogged injectors. Just guessing here.

Another thing - fuel pressure. I don't know whether the fuel pressure regulator is a separate unit or part of the fuel pump, but this could screw things up. I had this problem in my car a few years back. The car just wouldn't go above certain speed, and would accelerate very gradually no matter how hard I was pressing the gas pedal.
Does not do it off a load.
Revs fine in neutral.
Got gas at the same place as always, but we know that never means anything.
I'm going to check one more thing before trying all the sensors.

Hey Nathan, did you regap your plugs when you installed your turbo? I notice you said you check them, but did you regap them back to stock settings/
Yep, Ty.
Closed the gap when the turbo was on, but after taking it back off returned to stock. After a few tries I even swapped the old plugs back in.

Did you replace the fuel filter tower? The big black thing that the pump, regulator, fit into? I had the same problem and replaced the fuel pump (little round motor) (fuel pressure regulator) Small metal L shaped thing, all for nothing. Then I found out the fuel filter is the large black thing that all that stuff plugs into. Replaced that and click....click.....boom ! she was back to haulin azz! I don't know if this will help..So I'll also chuck in a free
bump.gif
Good luck brother!
No, whenever I tried the new pump and regulator, I used the old tower.
Did not know a filter was in it.
I'll try to swap towers this even.
Hopefully this will do it.

Thanks everyone for the posts.
I'll let all know tonight weather permitting if it was the fuel pump filter built into the tower.
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

bump.gif
Good luck brother!
Looking at the microfiche it says the fuel filter is the part that I thought was the regulator.
Are you sure it is in the tower?
#2 on the drawing; fuel filter assy.

10155_14.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
AM -->
Pipefighter248 @ Oct. 23 2007 said:
1206373[/ATTACH] AM]
bump.gif
Good luck brother!
Looking at the microfiche it says the fuel filter is the part that I thought was the regulator.
Are you sure it is in the tower?
#2 on the drawing; fuel filter assy.
Yup! I did everything your going through as well, it sucks I know,! but this is what I had to do to fix my problem. Here is a a better diagram. After finally fixing my problem with a new filter, I decided to cut open the big black tower and found inside a cheep cardboard or paper folded filter that was plugged up with gunk! I wish I took photos of it that way I could show ya but I did not.

Fuel_Pump.jpg

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Back