Lose of power Gen 1

K1CKSTER

Registered
Hello & good evening.

I have recently (today) found an issue with my Gen 1. I hope I can describe it well enough to get help from someone.

PROBLEM = Lose of power between 6000 & 7000rpm with the throttle pinned open, does not matter what gear I am in. The bike hits the 6-7000rpm and starts to flattern (like bogging) on the power, feeling like it is not getting enough fuel.

ANOTHER SYMPTOM = i noticed today that if i ease off the throttle so it is not pinned, that the rpm starts to raise higher than the 7000rpm.

I have a throttle clip installed and the rear sprocket is a 43 tooth sprocket, the issue was the before these mods.

Could it be the fuel fitter, done 28,000,,

Have also done 3 full tanks off fuel with redex treatment.

Any ideas? Really would like the help.

Last edited:
Hello & good evening.

I have recently (today) found an issue with my Gen 1. I hope I can describe it well enough to get help from someone.

PROBLEM = Lose of power between 6000 & 7000rpm with the throttle pinned open, does not matter what gear I am in. The bike hits the 6-7000rpm and starts to flattern (like bogging) on the power, feeling like it is not getting enough fuel.

ANOTHER SYMPTOM = i noticed today that if i ease off the throttle so it is not pinned, that the rpm starts to raise higher than the 7000rpm.

I have a throttle clip installed and the rear sprocket is a 43 tooth sprocket, the issue was the before these mods.

Could it be the fuel fitter, done 28,000,,

Have also done 3 full tanks off fuel with redex treatment.

Any ideas? Really would like the help.

I‘m not a mechanic and my 06 approaching 82,000 miles has never had any problems but it sounds as though your fuel pump isn’t quite up to par. Slowly getting fuel but not on demand fully pinned tells me this. Is there an accelerator pump on first Gen Busas? A sprocket change has nothing to do with fueling issues. And what is a ‘throttle clip’? You cleaned or replaced the fuel filter @ 28,000? What’s the mileage now? I’ve never had my fuel filter out for service. I always use top tier gasoline and occasionally pour in a few ounces of Sea Foam. As for redex, its main ingredient is probably alcohol. Too much alcohol can degrade gaskets and maybe even the fuel filter sock. Good luck. Someone who knows more will chime in.

I‘m not a mechanic and my 06 approaching 82,000 miles has never had any problems but it sounds as though your fuel pump isn’t quite up to par. Slowly getting fuel but not on demand fully pinned tells me this. Is there an accelerator pump on first Gen Busas? A sprocket change has nothing to do with fueling issues. And what is a ‘throttle clip’? You cleaned or replaced the fuel filter @ 28,000? What’s the mileage now? I’ve never had my fuel filter out for service. I always use top tier gasoline and occasionally pour in a few ounces of Sea Foam. As for redex, its main ingredient is probably alcohol. Too much alcohol can degrade gaskets and maybe even the fuel filter sock. Good luck. Someone who knows more will chime in.
A throttle clip goes around the existing throttle tube, increasing the diameter to get a quicker response from the throttle.

I was thinking fuel pump/filter, just wondered what other would think.
It was serviced at 26.500 when I purchased it, but obviously can I trust that it was done.

This is what I really like about this forum.The unconditional willingness to help other's and to answer everyone's question is truly appreciable.This might be a 'normal' thing for many but for someone like me who come's from where after market modification is a HUGE TASK and finding someone who is an expert when it comes to superbikes are very very rare every answer from experts like you means a lot.
ME being a die hard busa fan its always great to be on this forum.

This is what I really like about this forum.The unconditional willingness to help other's and to answer everyone's question is truly appreciable.This might be a 'normal' thing for many but for someone like me who come's from where after market modification is a HUGE TASK and finding someone who is an expert when it comes to superbikes are very very rare every answer from experts like you means a lot.
ME being a die hard busa fan its always great to be on this forum.
Completely agree, I always wanted a busa and it is my forever bike. Doing mods myself, so I always ask other to cross reference the information. Doing all the mechanical things first and then deal with the look later down the line.

Back