Losing Power

Elias Luna

Registered
I have an 02 hayabusa and when I ride around town it's fine but when I get on the interstate it will ride then lose power then fire back up and will keep doing this on and off when I am at 7k - 8k rpm's. I replaced with new stator, rectifier, oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, fuel pump, fuel tank. I bought the bike at 4500 miles and now has 15000 miles. Rode perfect for the first year then the fuel pump went out so I changed it then after that it started to lose power all of a sudden. Any info would help!!

I am sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in, but it sounds like it's time for another fuel pump. Might be clogged fuel lines or clogged injectors but my bet is on the pump.

I changed the fuel pump everything in the tank is new in will look at the fuel lines and fuel rail and injectors thanks

Ok I apologize for the misunderstanding with all the fuel answers. I'm not losing throttle power when I say I'm losing power I mean my bike literally stops the rpm Guage and temperature Guage goes to off position everything else is still on motor, lights, speed Guage. The bike will shut down then pick back up on and off through out my ride. I noticed it's around 7k-9k rpm's mostly in 6th gear. When im in the other gears it will perform like a busa.I'm thinking it might be a short somewhere. I just need to know where to possibly look. I hope it's not the fuel pump I just spent $600 on a brand new assembly. Thinking of replacing the wiring harness. I saw a few threads from a few years back about almost the same problem. One was exposed wires on the harness and the other was a faulty alarm system.

Ok I apologize for the misunderstanding with all the fuel answers. I'm not losing throttle power when I say I'm losing power I mean my bike literally stops the rpm Guage and temperature Guage goes to off position everything else is still on motor, lights, speed Guage. The bike will shut down then pick back up on and off through out my ride. I noticed it's around 7k-9k rpm's mostly in 6th gear. When im in the other gears it will perform like a busa.I'm thinking it might be a short somewhere. I just need to know where to possibly look. I hope it's not the fuel pump I just spent $600 on a brand new assembly. Thinking of replacing the wiring harness. I saw a few threads from a few years back about almost the same problem. One was exposed wires on the harness and the other was a faulty alarm system.
Those intermittent electrical problems are the worst. Have you checked all the obvious/easy things? I've heard of guys having gauge problems due to HID kits, alarms and main connector on the back of the gauges not been pushed in all the way.
Hope you can figure it out soon. Good luck!

Back