My Experience at the Dealership Today

I was looking at a new busa @ my local dealer, it had been sitting on the floor for a while, it had a big scuff across the rear seat and scratches on the frame & general filth all over it from people drooling on it. I said to the salesman I'll buy your (NEW) bike, if you repair the damage with new parts, resprays ect. nah we couldn't do that, come back tommorrow we will have it all touched up.
They put the bike out the front and let people crawl all over it, thats their prob not mine, why should I pay for that. If I buy a new bike I wanna a new bike, not a scratched or glued up one. Bob can jam it right up his sales commish :moon:!!

Last edited:
Also don't forget to mention possibly talking to the local news station for the area you bought the bike.

Man Purchases motorcycle. Salesman that sold the motorcycle threatens to steal it on a web forum. :laugh:

Owner was nice so be polite,but at the same time express how dramatized you are about the situation.

Just a couple of questions....are you close to any other BMW dealerships or do you have to go back to this one for servicing? Are you going to be returning to this dealer for any other parts/service/accessories? These are things you might want to think about before going to the media or brewing up a sheot storm in relation to this dealership. Yeah, their salesman appears to be a dumbass but there is a possibility that you might need this dealership in the future. Too bad all this happened as it certainly taints what is supposed to be an exciting buying experience.

There is a BMW dealership closer to me, That I will buy parts and service from. BUT I went to this dealership 3 hrs away because the salesman was cool over the phone, and they basically beat the local dealership price for about $750 dollars. At the time worth it to me to drive 3 hrs.

This may be worth a call to BMW Corporate now that I think about it. Bob will definitely loose his job.

Ok I have called the owner of the dealership Sunday Morning, Im sure he is thrilled, spoke to him about the Posting on the BMW Forum, and E-mailed him the link. He told me he was going to take appropriate action in this matter. Just waiting to here what happens. If Bob (the salesman)did not lose his job yestersday, Im Sure he will not have a Job on Monday. I dont want to see anybody loss a job, but this guys actions are way out of line. He ruined my experience in the purchase of this Motorcycle.

You did the right thing, just wait and see what the owners response is... :beerchug:

Congrats on the bike! :thumbsup:

Don't let one idiot salesman wreck the experience. This is typically why I shop for the best price and plan on doing everything myself. I don't want a dealer servicing my bike that can barely get a simple prep/sale correct... :banghead:

lol, great, now the dirtbag actually has time to try and steal the bike. salesmen are dirtbags in general (speaking as a former salesman, lol).

That whole situation sucks... I am not sure how I would handle the insinuation about stealing your bike, but as you have done the owner is a good start.

What are your expectations of the outcome?

Ok Just got off the Phone with the Owner of the Dealership, After he called a Sunday meeting at the dealership with the Sales Manager, Service Manager. He open the E-mail link with both of them in there with him. He told me he was appalled at the salesman forum post, and apologized many time over at his actions. He told me the ONLY thing he should have posted is that He was happy for me getting the bike and That I maded it home safe. So he told me basically that he is fired come Tuesday morning cause the dealership is Closed on Monday. He could not believe someone working for his company would ever do something like that, And that everyone JAWS fell to the floor reading that post.

So in the End I guess I gave Bob a Little gift of my own..

Sorry you had a bad experience. I would also let the local police know. We had a situation where a threat was made to my daughter about her car and the police paid the person who made the threat a visit and said if anything happened, they would be the primary suspect.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

So in the End I guess I gave Bob a Little gift of my own..

Glad he is working it out for you, sounds like that guy is way over stepping his boundries~!~

Don't forget, he may still have you're personal info...

:thumbsup: good for you. i wouldn't have tollerated my salesman posting he was going to steal the (very expensave) bike he just sold me. thats just messed up!

i had an awful time at the dealership here,they lied to me, tried to sell me 2 wrecked bikes, it was only through alot of looking and alot of help from the org. did i find the right bike for me....at another dealership :thumbsup:

Back