Heard something AMAZING at the dealership

Heh, My Salesman spent a good 5 minutes out front of the dealership going over the controls with me before I headed out on my Brand new Busa. It was killing me because he really felt he had to go through the whole thing. Anyway, about half way through I ask him. "If I really needed this instruction, you would really just send me on my way?" He said "SURE!" I was dumbfounded.... It kills me that they will even sell you a bike without proof of a proper license... Personally, I would love to see some CC/Horsepower restrictions based on Age/Experiance... But mostly darnit "NO LICENSE, NO BIKE OVER 500CC's" That's pretty basic right?

I do wonder how some of these sales people scum bags sleep at night knowing full well that they are selling bikes to people they really shouldn't be...
Like I said when I was in Montreal 5 yrs ago they were talking about changing the law (cc and age/experience restriction).
The issue came when bikes became really fashionable and people were getting killed every week.
Now what they have is that you are on probation for 24 months or
until you are 25 (whichever comes first)
no passenger allowed
and 4 demerit points max (compared to 15 with the car class)
0 tolerance for alchool.

Sues the dealership... and the manufacturer... and the guy who sold the gas for the bike... and the shop that wired the building that had the air compressor that filled the tires....  
mad.gif
Maybe even the guy who sold him the TRE...
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
ices_rofl.gif
Naw the TRE provides dealerships with a disclaimer to protect them against lawsuits just like it adds 3-4hp to the bike ..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

in quebec they have now restriction  for cc's and age if I stand correctly.
I think that is a good thing.
Nope.. still no restrictions of the kind in Quebec so far. You can basically run to your dealer and buy whatever you want. Most people don`t think much about insurance before they buy and end up with a FAT surprise when they come to insure the bikes... and we have VERY low rates compared to anywhere else in Canada (not because of better drivers mind you) since there is a NO FAULT INSURANCE clause included in out Driver's Licence fees.

Back