My Busa Overhaul

That's odd...... I took the tank off at the two bolts that hold it to the frame........ Why would it have fallen out of the bike months after? Either way, I'm gonna look at it when I get home!

Looked at it, the bolt was loose from the tank hinge. I took it out and low and behold, it was the spacer for the tank bolt like John said.

I'm going through everything this weekend and I'm going to start selling things on here. I have a lot of stock goodies that I definitely don't need anymore as well as aftermarket stuff that I am replacing with other aftermarket stuff. I also have extra hardware...

Ok so it not that then!
That's odd...... I took the tank off at the two bolts that hold it to the frame........ Why would it have fallen out of the bike months after? Either way, I'm gonna look at it when I get home!

That was it. My buddy that was helping me took the hinge apart when he took the tank off and then put it back together but without the spacer inside. Good catch John! Got anymore parts for me? Like, any of this?:

1. HH Sintered Brakes
2. Clutch, Clutch Cover Bracket, Clutch Springs
3. 320 LPH Fuel Pump
4. Fuel Injectors – Cleaned and Matched
5. Iridium NGK Spark Plugs
6. ECU Flash
7. Water Hose Kit
8. Oil Pressure Gauge Kit
9. Fuel Pressure Gauge Kit
10. Water/Methanol Injection Kit

11. High Capacity / High CCA Battery
12. Brocks Alienhead Exhaust

Just sayin, I could use some stuff..........................................................................................................................................................

So I scrapped the paint I put on the frame and I'm redoing it now. I'll post pics tonight when I get home. This thread ain't dead yet

So, I effed up the frame paint because the solvent in the can bubbled up the paint previously applied. I'll sand and redo soon.

I have the cams installed and shimmed now. Now I just gotta do timing but for some reason, no one here knows what a dial indicator is. Its sad. Here's some pics for you though. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow

102_2385.jpg

102_2386.jpg

102_2388.jpg

102_2389.jpg

102_2390.jpg

102_2391.jpg

102_2392.jpg

102_2393.jpg

102_2394.jpg

102_2395.jpg

102_2396.jpg

102_2397.jpg

102_2398.jpg

The dynonopectometer. Its specifically built to test the gravity of situations

OK. So, I'm going to take my engine as it sits to Oklahoma to Tombo Racing to do the cam timing since no one in my area has a clue and I'm not confident I did it 100% right.

Other than that, I got the frame finished, got the rear tire installed with the new sprocket on, the new sintered HH brakes and calipers are installed. Brakes are bled. HEL brake lines are installed. Hydraulic clutch switch is installed.

Does anyone have a spare speed rotor and bolt they could send me? That'd be helpful.

image.jpg

Oh yeah. I've watched his vids, that's why I trust him to do it lol. I'm gonna have him look it over and do what he can to make sure its a safe working engine. The wife is onboard for the trip cause he's only 5 hours from me.

He has a bunch of pretty good videos on YouTube;

Last edited by a moderator:
After I hit up Tombo, I want to prime the oil system. John (GixxerHP) said he did it with a drill.... Do I just put it in Neutral and spin the output shaft with a bit to fit the nut? Or does it have to be in gear because its attached to the countershaft which is attached to the clutch basket? Thanks

If you spin the counter shaft in neutral, it won't turn the input shaft. If you turn it in gear, it will turn the engine.

Pull the basket out and spin the pump by hand. Just stick a 1/4in drive extension in one of the oil pump gear holes, and give it a spin.

If you would like I can walk you through degreeing cams over the phone. The hardest part is setting up the dial indicator so it doesn't touch the cam lobe, or cam journal.

I haven't read your thread, but did you change cams, or spacer the cylinder at all?

The block has a spacer plate and the cams are .415/.395. I was also thinking.......... If I turn the impeller for the water pump, it should turn the oil pump as well, right? I'd rather not take all that apart again after putting it all together, ya know?

As for the indictor, I don't have one. I had to go to a shop in town that had no clue about it and they didn't have the right pointers for it. I'd rather let Tombo take a look at it in general too (its an excuse to escape Clovis, NM LOL) but I appreciate it man! I wish I could've hit you up when I was doing it!

If you spin the counter shaft in neutral, it won't turn the input shaft. If you turn it in gear, it will turn the engine.

Pull the basket out and spin the pump by hand. Just stick a 1/4in drive extension in one of the oil pump gear holes, and give it a spin.

If you would like I can walk you through degreeing cams over the phone. The hardest part is setting up the dial indicator so it doesn't touch the cam lobe, or cam journal.

I haven't read your thread, but did you change cams, or spacer the cylinder at all?

Back