My Busa Overhaul

Your very welcome. If something changes my number is in my sig. Call/text anytime.

As for turning the water pump, the oil pump gear is still engauged with the drive off the clutch basket. So it won't spin. :(

Yup, didn't even think of that. I forgot the gear that goes from the countershaft to the oil pump gear and that the clutch basket directly connects to the crankshaft. FML. I should have done that before I installed the clutch. Welp, looks like I'll have to pull the clutch basket again. If you weren't all the way down in Houston, I'd bring her to you guys and let ya'll finish her up but that's a 10.5 hr trip in good traffic.

In other news, I got the rotor and bolt for $11 and ended up getting a "new" set of thrust adjusters. I looked over mine and found that, due to my baby girl thinking everything is a toy and all toys must be thrown, the threads got dicked up. Well, 1 got dicked up, 1 is pretty much fused from adjuster to lock nut, and the last is good. I found the full set (all 6 pieces) in new condition on eBay for $30 so I went with them.

Alls I need now is to get the engine finished up, buy or find a loaner engine mount lock nut tool, install the engine, get the new injectors, the new fuel pump, ECU flashed, get a clutch slave support bracket, get the water/methanol kit, get an exhaust that is worth a damn, velocity stacks, 24v starting kit, oil and fuel pressure gauges and mount, and a chain. The rest is just cosmetic.

Sure do wish I had the money to just finish this up, its been almost a full year already.

Yup, didn't even think of that. I forgot the gear that goes from the countershaft to the oil pump gear and that the clutch basket directly connects to the crankshaft. FML. I should have done that before I installed the clutch. Welp, looks like I'll have to pull the clutch basket again. If you weren't all the way down in Houston, I'd bring her to you guys and let ya'll finish her up but that's a 10.5 hr trip in good traffic.

In other news, I got the rotor and bolt for $11 and ended up getting a "new" set of thrust adjusters. I looked over mine and found that, due to my baby girl thinking everything is a toy and all toys must be thrown, the threads got dicked up. Well, 1 got dicked up, 1 is pretty much fused from adjuster to lock nut, and the last is good. I found the full set (all 6 pieces) in new condition on eBay for $30 so I went with them.

Alls I need now is to get the engine finished up, buy or find a loaner engine mount lock nut tool, install the engine, get the new injectors, the new fuel pump, ECU flashed, get a clutch slave support bracket, get the water/methanol kit, get an exhaust that is worth a damn, velocity stacks, 24v starting kit, oil and fuel pressure gauges and mount, and a chain. The rest is just cosmetic.

Sure do wish I had the money to just finish this up, its been almost a full year already.
Mike how soon are you installing the motor, ill ship the socket to you as long as you pay shipping and get it back to me asap.
I have 3 bikes apart and my 2 still to be done
Let me know

I'll be installing somewhere around mid Jan. RYC1966 is sending me his sockets to use. I'm not tryin to put anyone in a jam and if you got some bikes to do, I don't want to hold anyone up on anything, that's for sure.

I love this site, most on here are f'n top notch without a doubt

Ok, so I got 0 responses about the ram air ducts. Now I have another question.

Which exhaust should I get for a grand or less that will help with HP for this 1441 but NOT have to delete the oil cooler. I know it can run "fine" without it but I'd rather have it.

I'd go with Brocks new Short Meg 2(can run it as is or pop out the baffle with removing 1 set screw).Shyt,just looked and don't see the new 2 for the Gen I,but I have the regular Short Meg full system on my Gen II(for two years now)and don't think I'd run anything else(unless I could afford the new Short Meg 2 just for shyts and giggles:laugh:).

Brocks has a shipping price of $32 unless you want it faster, then of course its more expensive BUT I agree that I would have less headaches most likely. I also like the way it looks installed without the right hand lean being hurt.

Street_Meg_Gen1_Busa_Pol_Product.jpg

I don't think you'll ever have any regrets should you decide to go with any one of Brocks pipes(I know I don't),lots of people run them at LSR and drags.:thumbsup:

You know you get a 10% discount for being an .org member at Brock's. You will be much better off going with Brock's directly.

No I DIDN'T know that but I did ask for a military discount. Wonder if I could get them both.... :whistle:

What about an HMF big bird exhaust? I've seen a few guys run these pipes or Ti-Force Sumo's on big bore setups and I think they are under 1k

I'll be installing somewhere around mid Jan. RYC1966 is sending me his sockets to use. I'm not tryin to put anyone in a jam and if you got some bikes to do, I don't want to hold anyone up on anything, that's for sure.

I love this site, most on here are f'n top notch without a doubt

Yeah I definitely agree with you :thumbsup: People on here go out of their way to help and give advice. There is something special about this forum that sets it apart :bowdown:

I have heard of the Ti Force Sumo's but Ima have to look up the HMF

What about an HMF big bird exhaust? I've seen a few guys run these pipes or Ti-Force Sumo's on big bore setups and I think they are under 1k

Back