My Busa Overhaul

So I'm still waiting on Schnitz but its cool. They called me and told me what was up. They are waiting on parts from Suzuki. Either way, still need the other parts if anyone has or knows someone who has them. Hit me up!

My parts came in and here is a side by side comparison for you on the crank, cylinders and JE pistons.

The bore is the same on our parts 4mm you can see in the pic its very small.

Your crank is stroked more than mine, however the difference in mine and yours is the same as the difference in mine and stock, as far as the stroke goes. We are the same on the lightening and balancing, you can see the gear is cut off and everything is cut on angles.

Where are you ordering your bearings from. I am running into a little problem about ordering them. The size on the crank doesn't match the size on the paper sent with the crank and neither of them match the size I measure.......:banghead::banghead:

cylinders.jpg

cylinders2.jpg

piston.jpg

piston2.jpg

crank.jpg

I sent you a PM Hot Dog. I'm getting my rod bearings from DME Racing for HALF of what others wanted. They also come as a pair, not each half. I'm getting the gasket kit from Schnitz racing as well as the main bearings. What pistons are those? I went 1441 also, not 1507 so my crank and yours Should have the same stroke.

Almost 10,000 views on this post, Less than 450 replies and most are from me :( Ah well, I'm gonna keep it going. Ideas, hints, parts, or suggestions, hit me up

Great to see things are still on the move (parts wise anyway).

Like to see more pics but only when you get more parts in!

I'm sure a lot of members are very interested in how you have been progressing, I know I am!

Keep up the great work...little by little but it's making progress so .....:thumbsup:

Long time no update, I know. Here's is what's up:

I moved from off base to on base meaning I had to carefully move my bike and all its parts to the new house while putting everything unnecessary into storage. Did that. Wife and kids went to FL for vacation. I stayed here to get the house in order, work, and work on my bike. Since then:

I moved shops, I'm back on the flightline after two years in support section. During that two years, apparently they dug a big wide pit between two hangars. At 2 am on the 5th of June, I walked between the hangars with no knowledge of the hole whatsoever, no light, and no warning ANYTHING. Literally, no tape, cones, NOTHING. I walked right into that damn hole. Hurt my left ankle which was all ready f'ed up to begin with and got crush syndrome in my right arm. After numerous x-rays and an MRI, they found muscle that basically turned to jelly and things that MIGHT be fractures in my wrist.

I'm feeling better and today is the first time I've been able to type in a hot minute at all.

I started working on the motor today. Thought I'd get the transmission together and most of the lower end if I could. Got the output shaft in, nice and greased up and stuff. Went to put the input shaft in. Oh, Look! Not only did M/T Performance screw me on money and parts! NO! They Also put the damn center gear in backwards! Holy hell! Now I gotta get it apart, put it the right way, and get moving on the build. Screw M/T Performance, they will never EVER see another dime from me.

Now that I'm screwed for the rest of the night, I'm going to take some pain meds, write up a consumer warning for M/T Performance here on the site, shower and bed.

I miss talking to ya'll and I'm sorry its been so long since I've been on but this year is sucking the life out of me. 12 hour days, OH YEAH! And I didn't make TSgt! Cutoff's went THROUGH THE ROOF!!! Last year it was 294 for us and I had 292.5 points (roughly). This year it was 323 and I had 321. FML

How many c-rings are in the engine total? I know there is one on the transmission counter shaft bearing and one for each cam, but is that it? Is that all of them?

Hey man I got back from deployment going on vacation for a few weeks, so you need to be done by then so we can go riding. lol. I am in the same boat with the TSgt cutoff I will be testing out of cycle this August but with only a few TIG.../TIS points I don't know if ill be making it either. But where are all the updated pics of what going on ? Take it easy.

Dude! I have TONS of work accomplished, especially after today!

I moved, I can't find my camera. We got the bottom end built, the cylinder is on, the crank rotates well as well as the transmission still. All the oil clearances are great according to Suzuki.

I wish I could get pics but at the moment, I can't. I will try with my phone tomorrow when I have better light.

I'm gonna be riding soon! THANK GOD!!

Great news!! Glad you are building it now, you sound like you are making much more progress now then last week when I text you.

Dude, I was in PAIN! Like jack hammering a butter knife between the little bones in my wrist and just when its in deep enough: TWIST!

hey Justin i tried to PM you but the website won't let it go through but i was wondering if you could help me find a chain and sprocket kit for my 05 busa i want to go up 3 in the rear and stay stock on the front any suggestions??

I hope you have started to heal up ok...that was one very nasty accident you had!

Happy to see you are putting the busa back together .... cant wait to see the photos mate...

Take care and for goodness sake go out now and buy yourself some happiness ! :laugh:

So, I'm healed up now. Took a bunch of pics during the engine build and then lost the SD card. I'm up to the cams and ended up snapping a cam bearing during install. Its sent to SAE outlaw to get fixed. Other than that, I have new shims on the way, and if you look under my mod list or whatever it is, you'll see what's in it and what's needed still to do.

Ozzybusa, PM me

I appreciate ya'll for everything you have done for me. I really do. I'm going to try to upload pics from my phone to my comp here at work, their the best I have at the moment.

More to come.

Back