MotoGP 2024

Ok so I just searched all the channels my Satellite (dish) provider provides and this weekends Motogp Race is nowhere to be found. Supposedly they have a new agreement with TNT sports though I cannot find anything remotely related to MotoGP on there. I might have to bight the bullet and subscribe to the Videopass on MotoGP's website. This is just another reason for me to dump Dish! Been pleading with the wife to Cut the cord for years now, I think she might finally be coming around!

Anybody got a line on a US Broadcast of this race?

Ok so I just searched all the channels my Satellite (dish) provider provides and this weekends Motogp Race is nowhere to be found. Supposedly they have a new agreement with TNT sports though I cannot find anything remotely related to MotoGP on there. I might have to bight the bullet and subscribe to the Videopass on MotoGP's website. This is just another reason for me to dump Dish! Been pleading with the wife to Cut the cord for years now, I think she might finally be coming around!

So I came across this on the TruTV website. They actually have the races listed. It just doesn't show up on the TV menu! Shows the Sprint Race at 7:30AM ET Saturday, then the race at 9:30AM ET Sunday.

So I came across this on the TruTV website. They actually have the races listed. It just doesn't show up on the TV menu! Shows the Sprint Race at 7:30AM ET Saturday, then the race at 9:30AM ET Sunday.

Thanks! I have DISH too and I’ve always seen them on CNBC or NBC. I looked at TruTV and that time slot is ‘To be announced’ and a few half hour shows. I won’t be here so I’m taping all of them.

FP1 in the books. Zarco on the new Honda! And that Acosta kid is the talk of the town already.
1709905048902.png

Not sure what to think about that race today. No spoilers for those that haven't watched it yet but "processional" is the word I would use to describe it. No one dares make any moves early in the race because the tires are so marginal that it costs them dearly in the end! I believe Acosta learned a valuable lesson in that regard today. He will be a problem for the top guys soon enough! They were ultimately much faster over 1 lap than last year, and the overall race time was also faster than last year but the only guys passing anyone in the race faded fast at the end.

Luckily Qatar is dissimilar to most of the other tracks they will visit this year, so there's hope that the racing gets better before they start neutering the bikes in 2025! Hearing that they will be moving away from Fossil fuels, dropping to 850cc, limiting the Aero and might even kill off the ride height devices. Gigi Dall’Igna has already been very vocal about most of the proposed changes to help the other manufacturers catch up!

Maybe the calipers need cooling but the rotors require heat to work properly, 3-400 degrees at least I’ve heard and much hotter under hard use.
This is why they are vented! At this track they are going from 350kph+ down to 100kph at turn one every lap. The glowing Carbon rotors on both bikes are doing exactly what they are designed for. They only use these huge 355mm rotors at a few tracks.
1710095815845.png

A post by Neil Morrison to add to what I posted above. They've all improved, but the European teams are leaving the Japanese teams for dead. They better use those concessions to close the gap or their going to follow Suzuki into the history books.
View attachment 1679938
If Yamaha and Honda don't see a few podium finishes, I wager they will pull out as there is only so much money in it without winning.

Sad to see MotoGP go to 3 manufacturers.........it will become a rider based race.

Good luck with that, there site wouldn't take my money last night or today

This is why they are vented! At this track they are going from 350kph+ down to 100kph at turn one every lap. The glowing Carbon rotors on both bikes are doing exactly what they are designed for. They only use these huge 355mm rotors at a few tracks.
View attachment 1679959

Look at these rotors.

IMG_0296.png

I too can only imagine what it’s like to go WOT exceeding 200 mph and then applying enough braking force (on a smallish 120 size front tire no less) just like ours, to scrub off 140 mph in as short a distance as the rider’s skill will permit…EVERY minute or so for nearly an hour non stop! I mean most of us have uh (exercised) our bikes from time to time but for how long at any one time? What talents these guys possess! I missed the frikkin race BTW. My DISH didn’t pickup the new broadcasting I guess. Was it TNT? It wasn’t on my DISH menu dammit!

Look at these rotors.

View attachment 1679971

I too can only imagine what it’s like to go WOT exceeding 200 mph and then applying enough braking force (on a smallish 120 size front tire no less) just like ours, to scrub off 140 mph in as short a distance as the rider’s skill will permit…EVERY minute or so for nearly an hour non stop! I mean most of us have uh (exercised) our bikes from time to time but for how long at any one time? What talents these guys possess! I missed the frikkin race BTW. My DISH didn’t pickup the new broadcasting I guess. Was it TNT? It wasn’t on my DISH menu dammit!
Yeah it was on TruTV(check for a rebroadcast!). Wife signed up for Hulu live and I was able to record it and I have to say Dish is done!!!

FP1 results from Portimao this AM. Sounds like the track is really green right now due to recent work done at the track, so lap times are slower than last year by a bunch.
View attachment 1680712
You got your TV supplier sorted?

I switched to YouTube TV, will never go back to cable, you just need a decent internet connection. They air it live.

We live in the country, no cable, have Starlink.

Back