2024 WSBK

MonkeyButtRides

Registered
I'm very excited for WSBK in 2024. There are the obvious big changes with Rea on the Yamaha and StopRak going to BMW. Does Rea have anything left in him, can he get the Yamaha to work for him? Can StopRak make the BMW and regular weekend podium threat? Will the new combined weight rule slow Bautista and the Ducati down the long straights?

There are also some new riders joining the superbike class, IDK but I'm more excited about WSBK the last few years then MotoGP.

Hopefully next year's championship will be a bit more open. It will be necessary to keep Bautista in check, otherwise he will be unstoppable. Rea will be good, but not a winner. Don't you find it strange that Toprak went to BMW and lost his chance for a GP seat, or does he know more and BMW may be planning to go to the GP? In any case, Toprak will push that BMW to its limits, you can be sure. It will be interesting.

I haven’t watched them enough to recall many names, not since the AMA days with Ben Spies, and Is someone actually named StopRak? Which brands aren’t in the field?
StopRak is a nick name his real name is Toprak Razgatlioglu. He is a Turkish rider which is pretty cool, not something you see often or at the level Toprak is at. He won the championship in 2021. They call him StopRak because his braking is really next level. Generally nobody passes him going into a turn. Most of the time he doesn't even bother defending the inside, he is just that good under the brakes.

StopRak is a nick name his real name is Toprak Razgatlioglu. He is a Turkish rider which is pretty cool, not something you see often or at the level Toprak is at. He won the championship in 2021. They call him StopRak because his braking is really next level. Generally nobody passes him going into a turn. Most of the time he doesn't even bother defending the inside, he is just that good under the brakes.

I‘ve watched King Kenny do that many times. He just zoomed past the riders on their brakes, then braked hard, leaned over and gassed it. Superior talent!

Have you heard that Toprak have not been accepted to MotoGP as TopRacks on the MotoGP bikes are not allowed during the race...
I am just kidding, I have followed him during one season He is very good.

Screenshot_2024-01-01-21-55-51-438.jpg

Hopefully next year's championship will be a bit more open. It will be necessary to keep Bautista in check, otherwise he will be unstoppable. Rea will be good, but not a winner. Don't you find it strange that Toprak went to BMW and lost his chance for a GP seat, or does he know more and BMW may be planning to go to the GP? In any case, Toprak will push that BMW to its limits, you can be sure. It will be interesting.
I think the Yamaha is no longer a championship ride in Moto GP form , so imo , Toprak did the right thing going to BMW . I am predicting a huge development / improvement kick for BMW this season , with a potential championship winning combination in this paring .

Several, Philip Island, Jerez, Lemans for a few.
Which tracks will they share with MotoGP?
It varies from season to season but this season I think both series go to Assen, Catalunya, Phillip Island, Jerez and Misano. They both go to the UK but MotoGP will race Silverstone and WSBK will race Donnington. They both go to France but MotoGP races Le Mans and WSBK will race MagnyCours. I think that's it.

Riders are on track now at Philip island, last test before the season starts. Andrea Iannone has not forgotten how to ride a motorcycle apparently!
1708391503466.png

Back