MotoGP 2024

A Little disappointed to be honest. Was expecting to see a huge Red Bull Sticker on the side.
1705772776865.png

So here's an interesting situation. The Gresini bikes and several other Ducati Satellite squads will all be on the GP23's this season. The Factory Bikes and Martin (maybe Bezzecchi too?) will be on the new GP24, which will likely be a significant departure from the GP23 if Alex Marquez recent remarks regarding the switch from the GP22 to the new GP23 he tested in Valencia are accurate. So how much data will they be able to actually share between them? Ducati has made a big deal this off season, saying that all teams will share data unilaterally. You know they will all be going over Marc's data with fine tooth comb. This is why Aprilia and KTM have made a point of getting all there top guys on common spec bikes just to better leverage the data streams.

It's tough for Ducati, IMHO. They have pretty much the undisputed best bike in the world. Do they risk the high level of integration and balance the bike has to try to get better? On the other hand, what is KTM and Aprillia have a big step and are closer or even better at some tracks? I'm sure there have been a lot of meetings on whether they should leave it alone or shoot for that higher level. Also, improving something nearly perfect is much more complicated and expensive.

This is some weak sauce. The new Honda that they had every opportunity to build, yet chose not to for all those years, suddenly loses 8kg and with all the test days they got in the concessions package might actually be a competitive package. I suspect Honda held out on releasing this thing to wait for the FIM to deliver the concessions they ultimately got. Better late than never I suppose. Makes me wonder if they will take another run at Marquez next year?

Back