MotoGP 2024

Todays test results from the final Preseason MotoGP test in Qatar. As much money as they throw at this track you'd think they would do something about the sand on the track. Everyone expects the track to improve for tomorrow.
1708391735979.png

Todays test results from the final Preseason MotoGP test in Qatar. As much money as they throw at this track you'd think they would do something about the sand on the track. Everyone expects the track to improve for tomorrow.
View attachment 1678861

A whopping .948 second difference between 1st and 17th. Not that much. Nice to see Rossi’s new rider doing well. MM seems slow and the best Yamaha is only 10th. But again, less than a single second separates them however, that’s over 140’ @ 200 mph. (That’s) a helluva difference.

I read somewhere awhile back that the dust is talcum powder consistency and is just everywhere. I’ll bet their road cars’ air filters need more than regular servicing.

A whopping .948 second difference between 1st and 17th. Not that much. Nice to see Rossi’s new rider doing well. MM seems slow and the best Yamaha is only 10th. But again, less than a single second separates them however, that’s over 140’ @ 200 mph. (That’s) a helluva difference.

I read somewhere awhile back that the dust is talcum powder consistency and is just everywhere. I’ll bet their road cars’ air filters need more than regular servicing.
Over there I think they just abandon them when the air filter gets dirty and go buy another to replace it. ;)

Well it looks like MM finally likes his new bike. Good to see both of Rossi’s riders doing well. Sadly I read Fabio’s lament that his Yamaha isn’t up to snuff like he expected. WTH Yamaha? When are they going to be competitive?

Lemme guess, IMNSHO means in my not so humble opinion?

Sponsorship, that is to say, money, is what makes everything work. Without it there is no ‘work’. Hell, F1 owners are so tight, regardless of them already making lots and lots of money won’t even let a single qualified additional team and driver into their ranks. They don’t want to slice that pie any smaller. If the MotoGP ‘pie’ is already on the decline, to keep the sport going, all offers of sponsorship will be considered regardless of the source. As an aside, I think they should have three US races, Laguna, COTA and Indy. That might help with sponsorships. Having an American team again might be helpful too.

More Pramac news. They have signed Fermin Aldeguer to the Ducati Pramac MotoGP team for 2025 already. This is the first domino to fall in what will be a very active Rider market for next year! Literally the entire grid with a few exceptions (Rins, Marini, Binder, & Acosta come to mind) is out of contract at the end of this season. If Martin goes to the Factory Ducati Team, Morbidelli might be safe, but he had better turn things around in a huge way or he will be gone! I think this will be Martins last year at Pramac regardless as he is likely to be highly sought after by all of them, even though Bastianini's seat at Ducati is what he truly wants! Have been reading that Aprilia are already making a play for Bastianini should that happen! This is to say nothing of the Marc Marquez factor in all this! He took a huge Pay cut to Leave Honda for Gresini, knowing full well that it would be a temporary position at best. If he gets on form with the Ducati, that would make about 5 or 6 (add Pecco and Fabio to this list!) top flight riders in Play! Likely that most of this will be settled by the mid summer break or shortly after! Its goign to be fun to watch!

Back