Votes: 3 14.3%
  • any combination of these

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

djsin

Lily's Daddy
Registered
ok so I know I'm not the only person on this site who suffers from Migraines but I wanted to see what other people have been through and what they have found out if anything and maybe offer some of my experiences...I'm 38 years old now, and have had these migraines since about 24, I have been put on blod thinners, blood pressure meds, crazy pills you name it...I currantly have a prescription for relpex which works real well, I have imitrex injections I can give myself too and have used the nasel spray...I take topomax 2 times a day in hopes that i wont even get a migraine. usually I still do....I'm taking part in a migraine study with a new medicine and so far it doesnt work at all, but they are paying for all of these other tests(echocardiagram, lung function,pfo etc) what I have basically came up with and learned is I have 4 options
(a) take my meds forever and hope they continue to work
(b) they can try botox, if that help then they will do a minor surgery but its not fda approved so insurance wont pay for it
(c) there is anouther surgery where they can actually remove the nerve or couterize the blood vessle cousing the problems also not fda approved
(d)there is a tiny electrode they can implant that once you find the right frequency can provide you with relief...just wondering what everyones thoughts are on this...anyone feel free to write me an email or post or whatever I will share any and all info I have....oh by the way mine are on the left side of my head near my eye on the trigimenal nerve and it makes me have blinding aura and i get sick and vomit and often have to go to the er and get nubain and phenegrin shots or even an IV
Thanks Todd

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/rand...eadaches-who-gets-em.html?highlight=migraines

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/rand...-how-do-yall-deal-em.html?highlight=migraines

Sounds like you have true migraines... what an awful experience they are.. (I had brief problems with them in high school) absolutely debilitating... hope you can find relief..

We have shelves of meds we use for them and is amazing the wide variety of stuff that works on different people.. from decongestant sprays to self injected narcotics to diet and exercise routines....

Last edited:
This may sound crazy after reading the severity of your problem, but a guy I worked with said he started drinking green tea everyday and eventually stopped getting migranes. Also I have read where some people have had relief through some of these healthy antioxidant drinks. The one I have head about is Oliviva.

Immitrex works well for me. I had a lot of migraines in my early twenties and they have come back in the last year.

I'm not for or against this type of thing, but will ask: Have you considered accupuncture? I have heard it can be very helpful for some people.

I have not done acupuncture but have tried green tea and the other types of remedies, I do know that there are triggers..IE to much caffeine not enough caffeine, MSG's not enough sleep, stress...there are so many

I have not done acupuncture but have tried green tea and the other types of remedies, I do know that there are triggers..IE to much caffeine not enough caffeine, MSG's not enough sleep, stress...there are so many

That sucks bro I really feel for you. My son would get them when he was younger and it was usually triggered by bright direct light. I also had a lieutenant that would get them but if he drank a Mt. Dew it would help a lot. The caffeine help him.

My wife has ongoing migraines and were decreased in regularity and intensity with the family chiropractor. No more heavy hitting drungs, only over the counter stuff now.:cheerleader:

I've had migraines forever...been on some meds for them and my experience is that they seem to work maybe 50% of the time...I also notice that changing the prescription often helps some...I get used to one drug and it's useless after that...

My liver hates me...if I toss back a cocktail of prescription and OTC drugs over a few hours, it goes away, but I'm sick to my stomach LOL

I wish I had the magic cure-all...I've never found it...

I never get head aches but some people who get head aches frequently can be a sign of an aneurysm or blood clot, better get it checked out.

drinking a lot of coffee or smoking cigarettes can also cause head aches, drinking lots of water can reduce a head ache.

I recently (last two weeks) had to see a new neurologist because my migraines flared back up do badly. I had been doing so well with Topamax as a preventative that I had not bothered to become an established patient with a neuro doc here in Austin until it was a must do situation.

The first thing he recommened was accupuncture. Which now can be billed to your insurance company under your physical therapy benefits. He also wants to try some injections into the occipital nerves in my neck. He explained that the injections were more of a diagnostic tool than treatment. If the injections help, then we know which way to go with further treatment.

I have been so miserable with the increasing number of migraine attacks that I am going to try this course and hope for the positive.

I never get head aches but some people who get head aches frequently can be a sign of an aneurysm or blood clot, better get it checked out.
the first time you go to the er with one they will do an MRI or a cat scan once they figure out its a migraine they will no longer do them.... most aneurysm's are inside your brain a migraine is external....but if you have never had one or you dont know go to the er or your doc and ger checked out asap...

Back